With Swords, Claws, and Teeth Bared

The battle was over, Aslan was victorious and the White Witch was dead. As for those in her army, upon her death the supernatural creatures summoned by her dark magic immediately vanished back whence they came. The majority of the others, as soon as they realised that Jadis was dead, had succeeded in following Zamron's example and were fleeing from the battlefield, mostly in a northerly direction. A small number had surrendered to the victors and were awaiting their fate. However, by far the largest part of Jadis's supporters had been killed during the first charge of Aslan and those whom he had brought from the witch's palace: the few who chose to fight on also paid with their lives.

Peter, on the other hand, along with those loyal to Aslan, whilst sorrowful for their losses in the battle, were rejoicing. Initially, Peter had been terrified that Edmund would not survive the terrible wound inflicted on him by Zamron, but Lucy, after being reminded by Aslan of the gift Father Christmas had given her, administered a few drops of her cordial to him, and to the others who were wounded, many of them also at the point of death, as Aslan had gently reminded Lucy when concern for her brother caused her to delay attending to them. Those whom Jadis had turned to stone were restored by Aslan. Very soon Edmund was not only healed but looking far better than Lucy had seen him for many years. After hearing of Edmund's bravery, Aslan knighted him on the field of battle.

Last edited:
Despite his not being seen in the book after his one appearance, Father Christmas now appeared just long enough to do three things:

1) Bow down in worship to Aslan.

2) Congratulate the Pevensies.

3) Magically conjure up a row of large cabins; during the transition to a new government for Narnia, these would serve as temporary living quarters for such loyal beings as were staying around to help and preferred to have houses.

Drifter was one of the first creatures who surrendered himself to the mercy of Aslan's forces. He had fared well in the battle simply because he had not done much good to any side. He found himself firmly but fairly treated even by some of the creatures he had wronged under Jadis's reign.

Mia was again like a puppy in her excitement. Father Christmas had come again, Aslan was alive and here, all four of the children were also alive, she bounced back and forth between Aslan and the children. Then she decided to run around the camp four times to make sure that no statues or injuries had been missed. Finally, someone called that it was time for Tea.

OOC: CF are the Archenlanders anywhere near Aslan's camp?

O.O.C.--- When the "Let It Snow" roleplay was active, Jadis' followers, even ones who had to walk on ordinary feet, were allowed practically to teleport instantly to wherever they wanted to be. I don't buy that, EVEN for the convenience of GOOD guys; therefore, I estimate that the Archenlanders would still be at least half a day's march away. However, someone with wings.....

A small bright blue-and-white shape came flittering out of the southern sky, crying out, "Mia! Mia! You're here! It's me, Flakefeather!!"

The appearance of Flakefeather sent Mia into another tizzy. She ran around in circles for a full minute. "Flakefeather, we won, the White Witch is dead. They have just called for Tea. Imagine getting to have Tea with Aslan."

"Glory be to Aslan!" chirped Flakefeather. "Is the Witch's corpse around here someplace? I feel a sudden desire to decorate it from above, bird style."

"You'll have to get in line," laughed a Talking Leopard, who was probably Korkoa the character whose player had bailed out.

Marius survived the battle with Zamron, thanks to the aid of several other centaurs, assisted as best he could in the aftermath of the battle and had his own wounds tended too.

Finally, someone called that it was time for Tea.

During the Tea that was held he was able to reconnect with old friends who had been turned to stone as well. Also great joy (though some sorrow) was to be had in reuniting with his sons and grandsons, and speaking of the past he had missed as a statue in the witch's courtyard.

Meanwhile, it seems highly probable that the player-character wolf who had been feeling doubts about following Jadis, heard the news of Jadis' death, and was filled with a sudden hope that Aslan would pardon him for having served her.

I really enjoyed the "With Sword, Claws and Teeth Bared" game. Unfortunately, by the time we reached "The Battle of Beruna" there were too few of us remaining for it to be practical to continue. Moreover, my character, the evil Minotaur Zamron, had fled north after the death of the White Witch, whom he served, so it would have been very difficult for him to interact with other characters, although I considered a possible course of action.

Mod Edit: This thread will remain as it was one of the most active threads up to the defeat of the White Witch. However, as everyone knows, that victory was only the beginning of a new adventure for the Pevensies, and there's still a lot to do. What with the giants stirring trouble in the north and armed scouts with strange accents having been spotted coming from the west, it is time to start thinking of new directions and new responsibilities for the main characters. Please carry on if you can. If not, then let this story pass into memory lane once more...

I have one or two ideas of my own, if I'm allowed to explore them, involving my character Zamron, the Minotaur. Somehow, I don't see any likelihood that he would "forgive and forget"! However, following the battle, it would take him a while to adjust to the new order of things, before he is ready to make a move, certainly not until after the coronation of Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy, and the departure of Aslan.

I have one or two ideas of my own, if I'm allowed to explore them, involving my character Zamron, the Minotaur. Somehow, I don't see any likelihood that he would "forgive and forget"! However, following the battle, it would take him a while to adjust to the new order of things, before he is ready to make a move, certainly not until after the coronation of Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy, and the departure of Aslan.
You should do that. Go ahead and explore the ideas for your character, I'm sure Lava would not mind. If others do not join you soon, my suggestion would be for you to tell the "story" of your character after the defeat and use non-player characters (NPCs) as you see fit. Everyone is free to continue the story on this thread.

I cannot by any stretch of the imagination see Flakefeather and Zamron becoming buddies! lol

This could be very interesting, as following the coronation of the Pevensies and the departure of Aslan, there is very little documented about life in the world of Narnia, other than the events in HHB, all of which take place in Archenland and Calormen, not Narnia itself at all! Therefore, anyone continuing or joining the adventure will have greater freedom to use their own imagination(s), within certain limits!

Lava _always_ intended that this roleplay should continue past the Pevensies' coronation, portraying the restoration of Narnia. It is not at all too late to continue where it left off, if only people _will_ participate.

OOC: Indeed, Lava did always intend for it to continue into the rebuilding phase of Narnia. Go for it. Hopefully Mia and WoodSpry will be able to have some part to play in it. It would be much easier if I was not on 3rds.

Many weeks had passed since the death of the White Witch. Since that momentous event, the land of Narnia had been blessed with new rulers, four of them to be precise, for Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy had been crowned Kings and Queens of Narnia by Aslan Himself, with Peter, the firstborn, as High King. This was greeted by universal rejoicing from all loyal Narnians. Although Aslan had quickly departed from Narnia straight after the coronation, there was still happiness everywhere. One of the first acts of the new sovereigns was to make an alliance with King Lune of Archenland with whose help, work was already underway on restoring Narnia to the wonderful place it had been before Jadis had usurped the throne.

However, there were some who were far from pleased at recent developments. One of these was the minotaur Zamron, who was already plotting against Narnia's young monarchs. After Aslan had killed Jadis and her army had been so comprehensively defeated at the Battle of Beruna, events as unwelcome as they had been unexpected, Zamron had been forced to flee to the north, along with the other survivors who were unwilling to surrender to Aslan. Considering his options he decided to head for the cave of the giant Hightower, who had been slain in the battle. This would make an ideal base for him, from where he intended to strike against the human vermin and the traitors, all of them puppets of that lion. However, Zamron was well aware there were others who felt as he did and, if enough of them came together and coordinated their efforts, he believed they could make life extremely unpleasant for the new regime. In addition, he hoped to open a dialogue with the Tisroc, ruler of Calormen, whom he felt confidant would not consider the new order in Narnia served his interests in any way. To these ends his first task must be to find as many of the Queen's supporters as possible, and as quickly as possible, as Zamron was well aware that time was now a crucial factor.

When Zamron was near to his expected hideout, a hideous female giant met him and growled, "You're not side-changers working for those _human_ brats, are you?"

"No way!" snarls Zamron. "We fought bravely in the battle but were betrayed by traitors and cowards sucking up to those human scum, and our beloved Queen was foully murdered by that vile lion
whilst many of Her Majesty's loyal followers were killed. Some of us were able to retreat northwards with the news." Zamron pauses for a moment before continuing, with an evil grin. "But the prophecy can no longer be completely fulfilled, because one of the sons of Adam is dead, impaled on my spear! Serve the brat right for attacking our Queen! I have no doubt that The lion has installed the three other humans as puppet rulers! But, this is not the end, far from it!" Zamron then outlines his plans. "Well?" he asks, "Are you with us, or against us? Choose, and choose swiftly!"

O.O.C: The last Zamron saw of Edmund was that he was dying as a consequence of the spear the minotaur hurled at the boy. Zamron was forced to flee the battle so I imagine he would, as yet, be unaware that Edmund had been healed from the terrible wound inflicted on him by the minotaur. No doubt he will find out in due course!

"No need to ask me," replied the Giantess. "Of _course_ I'm on your side! Everyone knows that followers of Aslan are full of crazy hatred for everyone who's different from them, unlike us _enlightened_ believers in the magic of winter. My name's Gruntabillery."

Back