Official William Moseley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dh4nn_Cyr4nze

Yeah, I like him very much became Peter. He is so Talented, and He is so British, like the other Pevensie, than Harry Potter cast. I like British person.
The way he talk, and the way He answer a Questin from an Interview, I like him very much.

Any same comment with me, come on, write down please!

William is Peter! I just came from the theater seeing Narnia for the fourth time, and I am so impressed with Williams acting! Peter was one of my fav's from the book and I think William really did a steller job and is to be comended!

I thought Will did a wonderful job as Peter, but I must say that he was WAY to old, atleast according to the book, Peter was only 13 in LWW! I like it better with him being...17? 18? Who knows...

A lot of critics were somewhat unkind to William's performance as Peter (it seemsthat Georgie was about the only one that nearly all of them liked), but one must remember that critics like avante-garde stuff like "Pulp Fiction" or "Brokeback Mountain". William played Peter as he was written, a genuinely nice, caring, true-hearted individual. I particularly liked the way he faced his battle with Fenris... not only was he facing a fight for the first time, but he had to deal with killing a Talking Beast, which by Narnian law was no different from killing a human. It wasn't an easy thing. Also, in the final battle sequence, you could see where the amount of physical training that he did was necessary. Some rather silly critic said that the kids all wound up acting like "action heroes". I didn't see that of the others, but Peter definitely qualified as such. Appropriate, given the warrior-king that he grew into.

One thing notable about Will was how closely the person he was off-screen emulated the person he was on. On the one hand, he was the young man who worked out constantly, trained heavily in armed and unarmed combat, and learned to ride a horse bareback so well that he was on a level with his stunt-double. On the other, he was the affectionate, big-brotherly guy who Georgie could always rely on to look out for her.

Yes! The critics said in one particular review that the only thing that let Narnia down was William's acting! They said it was wooden, but I think he did everything pefectly! His facial expressions were brilliant! :D When he lost Lucy he was like" AHHHHHHH!" ;)

I was overall very satisfied with William's performance as Peter. I think he underwent much character development-from being the very imperfect older brother to the Hing King of Narnia. I think my favourite scene with him was actually the opening scene where you really get to see his intensity, passion, and self-sacrifice to go back into the house and try to rescue Edmund who has gone back for a picture of his father. I was especially moved when he grabs Edmund and falls on top of him as a bomb goes off very nearby, outside their window.

Having said that, I would also like to note that of all the outstanding performances of the Pevensie children, I thought that William's performance as Peter was actually the least outstanding. (Please don't misunderstand me; it wasn't bad, just not as good as the other Pevensie kids, in my humble opinion). It seemed to me that he was just a bit whiny at times; I wouldn't go so far as to call his acting "stiff" or "wooden" as some critics do, but I think it could have been improved. In fact, this may not be entirely his fault; in my mind, it's as much (or more) the fault of the screenwriters and director as William's. I thought they made Peter over-emphasize the fact that they 4 were just kids, and in Peter's mind, not able to fight or save Narnia from the white witch, which led to the delivery of some the lines that I didn't like-for example, in the Beaver's house, when he says, "I think you've made a mistake, we're not heroes." He just sounded unnecessarily whiny and aware of their shortcomings, rather than embracing the inevitable conflict at hand. One other issue that again, was as much (or more) a problem with the director and screenwriter was his apparent lack of reverence for Aslan. Especially when he is talking to Aslan individually, he seems too familiar and not as reverant and overtly respectful as I imagined him to be in the book.

Of course, in my mind, these are minor complaints, and overall, I thought William made an excellent High King Peter; I'm looking forward to his performance in Prince Caspian.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I can't wait until I see him again, fighting King Miraz. It'll be fun! It has to have a decent length, you know, last about at least 10 minutes. That'll also mean more pictures.... :rolleyes:

My friend said that she saw him on tv

He was in an interview
He got offered another movie
something to do with mobsters? and he thought it would b cool cuz he could shoot a gun

Idk if he took thee movie....this is just want the told me

Mrs.Teacup said:
My friend said that she saw him on tv

He was in an interview
He got offered another movie
something to do with mobsters? and he thought it would b cool cuz he could shoot a gun

Idk if he took thee movie....this is just want the told me
Really? that would be interesting to see him in that kind of role. :p

Well, to some extent, they all were.

One thing I liked about the way the kids played the parts was the Edmund/Lucy/Peter dynamic: Edmund resented being ordered around by Peter, so he'd try to make himself feel like a man by dumping on poor Lucy. Since Peter's quite protective of Lucy (it's no great surprise that William was always looking out for Georgie), he comes down on Edmund even harder, which makes Ed even angrier and more resentful... it was the proverbial vicious circle. And the conflict between those two was, understandably, the hardest to resolve.

How about a little refresher people? Willianite thread--perfect place for posting pics,talking about how hot Will is, if he has good teeth, why everyone should be in love with him. This thread--serious discussion on his acting or a quick link to an interview. Not the thread for casual fan conversation. Talk about that in the Willianite thread.

Full Name: William (Thomas?) Moseley
Date of Birth: April 27, 1987
Born: Gloucestershire, England
Height: 5'11 (1.80 meter and 63kg)
Hair Color: Brown (hair color was lightened for the role of Peter in "Narnia")
Eye Color: Blue
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Pets: a cat and a goldfish
Parents: Peter and Julie Moseley
Siblings: Oldest of Three, brother Ben (13), sister Daisy (16)
Loves: Tea
Hidden Talents: Juggling
If he were to have a undercover name for hotels: Mr. Teacup
TV Shows: 24, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Entourage
If he were to ask any actress out: Jessica Alba
Dream Car: Mercedes 1950 Gold with red interior
Musician: Bloc Party, Cat Stevens
Candy: Cadbury chocolate
Dessert: Steamed Pudding
Food: Tuna Fish
Designer: Marc Jacobs
Can't Live Without: ipod
Book: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, Jungle Book
School Subject : English
Favorite Actors: Morgan Freeman, Jude Law, Brad Pitt
Favorite Movies: Fight Club, Romeo & Juliet,Leon, Apocalypse Now, Me and You and Everyone We Know
Favorite Narnia Scene: When Lucy meets Mr. Tumnus & the Great Battle Scence
Favorite Narnia Character: The White Witch & Aslan
Movie Looking Forward to Seeing : King Kong
Activities: Rugby, Football
Animals: Horses
Team: Newcastle-United-Fan
Trailer Essentials: food, labtop for music and last-minute emailing

info from: williammoseleyfan.net :p

Aww, I thought William was a blond. :(
So Will and Skandar both love Family Guy? That's funny.

What I love about William's performance in Narnia is that he takes his acting seriously. He really gets into the role of Peter and, like Georgie, his acting was very real because he was taking on responsibilities in his life just like Peter in the film. I love how William was totally blown away by his experience while working on the Narnia movie. And I also think it was cute how he kept hugging little Georgie. Aww...Georgie's so lucky and very smart to be hanging around him so much. :p
William had to do a lot of physical training for the movie, too, so it was hard on him. He had to stay true to his acting and be focused in his training for the battle scene. I think he pulled it off really well.

hello everyone I am finally back here, I do admitt that it has been a long time I just never got around to being back on the site since the ite threads have been put back up- but anyways Will...did anyone buy Paper magazine with him in it?? ohh its a great article and it does say that he cried when he got the part- now that is so sweet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back