Official Skandar Keynes

Ah its been such a long time since i last visited and i thought i say hello, Can any of the old hands such as Rogur and chloe etc... get in contact with me.

Anyway um... Skandar Keynes is a great actor and should be in more films.

SK21

Oh, that's alright; it takes me a while too. The only reason why I know my way around is because I've been here a while. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forum! (I love your avvy!)

The Skandarnite thread is sometimes easy to miss. If you enter the forum "Cast and Crew Discussions" and right above where the normal thread are, you will see a section that says "Fan Club Section" or something like that name. You click it, and since there are only like 5 threads in there, you should see the Skandarnite thread.

To become a Skandarnite:
you go to User CP>Group Memberships>Join Skandarnites

you fill in the reason why you want to be one, and because it has to go through ~Rogue~ you will have to wait a while (Or at least I did) before you are accepted. (She has to process them, I think.)
(If you ever need help on anything, feel free to PM me!) :)

Yeah, and just so I'm not spamming, I think Skandar will do a lovely job in Prince Caspian!

I loved his acting when he was stabbed! Usually they do this shocked face, but Skandar looked as if he was in real pain. It was really convincing.

Same here! Edmunds such a cool character. I love the transformation of his character...it's so emotional.

I know, it is! I've loved Edmund since I was 3ish. Such an amazing character transformation, as you said, and Skandar did a great job portraying it. Not just any actor can get the audience to dislike him, then to sympathize with him, then to geniunely like him!

I loved his acting when he was stabbed! Usually they do this shocked face, but Skandar looked as if he was in real pain. It was really convincing.

I agree on that! It was very convincing indeed!

If you watch the commentary from the kids, you'll see that the reason that it was so convincing was because she actually hurt him when she did the stabbing part. He said it actually did hurt. She didn't stab him as it looks like it's meant to, but she hit his gut with that thing and it hurt. Tilda didn't mess around with what she was doing...but at least she didn't hurt Skandar the way she hurt Will. His injury fighting with her was slightly worse.

Well, I don't know that she did it on purpose per se...I think that Tilda is a serious actress and when they call 'action' and she's supposed to 'stab' him, she does the action, and it ended up being too real. She didn't stab that thing into him, but he does comment that it really hurt and he wasn't really acting much. She just got into her character a bit much.

I don't think it's right to hurt someone on purpose even for a movie. They were filming a battle and the boys knew that they might get banged up a little here and there. They took there battle wounds in stride. It's all good now for them. We'll see what happens in the PC battle.

Last edited:
It's gonna look interesting in PC to see how tall Skandar is...he's grown another 7 inches since the close of LWW and the start of filming PC...and still growing. He's almost as tall/if not as tall as Will.

AnnaTheGentle - I read that someone from this site's going to create a video compilation of him for his Sweet 16 (sigh).

As for me, I'll probably just secretly wish him a happy birthday and have some cake on his behalf.

And maybe do the Check the Gate song & dance...???:cool:

Question: I am fascinated by his name and am wondering if anyone knows if he's of any other nationality than British? I know that he's pale with major freckles, but I know that the name Skanda is the Hindu god of war, and his sister has a fancy name too...Samara or something like that?

Just curious. I'm funny that way.

His name is Turkish in background, it's a form of Alexander. He's part Turkish, Lebonese, British...and a few other things I think.

It was interesting to see him in the trailer. I'm betting they put lifts in William's shoes so that he'd be taller than Skandar. Skandar was just an inch shorter than Will when he showed up for PC from what I read. Will still looked taller in the trailer. I can't wait to see the whole film and see how he's matured as an actor as well.

The Narnia series will go on well into Skandar's 20's. If he wants to do other stuff, he will need to do it in between the Narnia films for a good bit. It will be easier for him once he's done with school unless he goes to the university. I hope he does go to the university, but that's just me. We'll have to see how he does in PC and VDT I think before thinking of him doing bigger roles. He did well with LWW, but still, I want to see how he's grown up in maturity with all the behind the scenes stuff. They are planning on having him do HHB and LB if he's game for it when they come around.

Hey Gang!

So I know that with the movie out, interest in Skandar is going to skyrocket back up. Please remember that discussion about the cuteness of Skandar, how in love with him you are, and how lucky anna is for acting with him are all topics for the Skandarnite thread. A good way to know what to post is...

Personal Life~Skandarnite thread
Professional Life~This Thread

Please follow these rules. Thanks!

I loved his acting during PC, especially during the Witch scene and the duel challenge. (Oops, was that spoilerage?)

quite funny, if you look at the total averages of the reviews of Prince Caspian, on the website of narniafans.com, you can see that the only one who got (out of ALL) reviews 5 out of 5 was in fact Edmund/Skandar. All the other ones have gotten lesser (though still really good) reviews.

:D

EDIT: Hey there, OMS and QA48, long time no see. Nice to see you again :)

I thought Skandar as Edmund was terrific! The scene where he's in Miraz' pavilion reading the challenge to single combat was understated excellence! ("It's 'king', actually") And the scene in Aslan's How when Peter was mesmerized - well, no spoilers!

Back