Official Skandar Keynes

Well, Kate, I don't know what you mean by "How many have seen the movie?" but I haven't seen it. I've just heard about it. But I'd like to see it, just to see how cute Skandar was as a kid.

I adore Skandar's acting and I can't wait for Prince Caspian because by then, his character, Edmund, will have changed to be more faithful to Aslan and not so dark, so I think it'll be good to see Skandar be more believing as Edmund.
In PC, Edmund was the first to believe Lucy when she said she saw Aslan which is a huge difference from LWW and it's really great. Whereas, Susan goes the opposite direction and becomes more self-centered. So, it'll be interesting to see them change their character in their roles, especially Skandar being soft-hearted. He'll be doing some more sword fighting as well.

Last edited:
One nice thing about the Companion book is that it provides a (well-sanitized) description of how each child got on with each other. With Skandar, you got the sense that he was the black sheep, the one who maybe wasn't quite as close to the others as they were to each other. But that was to be expected, as he was cast last, and he was also off on his own for much of the shoot. And he's kind of at the awkward age between that of his co-stars, so he's kind of the obstreperous older brother to Georgie and the annoying younger brother to Will. However, both Will and Georgie really loved his sense of humor.

Oddish said:
It sounded more like both of them were going nuts on the styrofoam, but Will noticed Georgie and wanted to make sure she got to have a go at it as well.
Aww, William is so sweet to little Georgie, always making sure she's included in the fun. :D

Guys, don't forget about Skandar's sugar problem! He and Graham were sneaking those Cokes out of this truck, even though they weren't supposed to. And for the Turkish Delight, they talked to his mum about how much sugar he should he have! LOL :p Though my favorite Skandar hyper moment was when he (and William in his Narnia battle clothes) were sucking the helium out of the balloons and Skandar said, "I love helium!"

Oh, this is important. Kate, you have good hearing, but I couldn't understand what they were saying on the commentary when they were teasing Skandar and saying something like, "You blame your mum or you're a ranger man"
It was something like that. It was during the scene where they get to the Beavers' house. Maybe it was their accents I couldn't understand, I don't know. :confused:

Ethnicity?

Does anyone know Skandar's ethnicity? His name is throwing me off. Could it be that he's Celtic? I've never seen that name Skandar before knowing of him. I know that Keynes is one of those interesting truly English names, but what about Skandar? And also one of his middle names is Amin. What's that about?

Prodigious1One said:
Does anyone know Skandar's ethnicity? His name is throwing me off. Could it be that he's Celtic? I've never seen that name Skandar before knowing of him. I know that Keynes is one of those interesting truly English names, but what about Skandar? And also one of his middle names is Amin. What's that about?

umm he's a Lebanese..from his mothers side :p hope that helps..

I think Skandar is a really good actor and perfect for Edmund. He is really good at expressing his emotions in his face and I think that's one of the reasons why he is so good. I also always thought of Edmund as dark, not blond. Can't wait to see how he does in Prince Caspian!

Skandar did a good job, but there are some scenes where he could have showed more emotion and more connection to his character. I am NOT DISSING SKANDAR, don't worry Skandarnites. He's a good actor, and hey, this was his first film. He was a really great Edmund, but maybe the reason I am so critical is because I am still marveling over William's performance. Skandar seems like a great guy and I can't wait to see him in Prince Caspian.

susanpevensie424 said:
Skandar did a good job, but there are some scenes where he could have showed more emotion and more connection to his character. I am NOT DISSING SKANDAR, don't worry Skandarnites. He's a good actor, and hey, this was his first film. He was a really great Edmund, but maybe the reason I am so critical is because I am still marveling over William's performance. Skandar seems like a great guy and I can't wait to see him in Prince Caspian.

ummm Narnia wasn't his first film....

"MOVIES/FILMS
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2007) (pre-production ... Edmund Pevensie
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (2005) ... Edmund Pevensie
Ferrari (2003) (TV) ... Enzo Ferrari (age 8)
The Victorians (TV: BBC2) ... Poor Boy
Macbeth RSC Recording ... Boy in Rags"

from www.skandarkeynesfan.com

Last edited:
huh? sorry, didn't catch that, willaimmoseleylover#1...
anyways: skandar info:

He grew six-and-a-half inches while filming The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005). He had to get his armor fixed weekly.

Can ride a horse.

Plays the cornet and flute.

Attended Anna Scher Theatre School, 2000-2005.

Studies tae kwon do. (me too!!! :D )

The name Skandar is of Turkish origin meaning Alexander; oddly enough his character Edmund Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) is obsessed with a delicacy called Turkish Delight.

He unsuccessfully auditioned for the role of Simon in Nanny McPhee (2005), losing to Thomas Sangster. (Well I'm glad, or else he might not have been able to be Edmund!)

Is the great-great-great grandson of naturalist Charles Darwin, and son of author Randal Keynes.

He has an elder sister named Soumaya. (She voiced his part in part of LWW)

He is the son of 'Zelfa Cecil Hourani' (who is of Lebanese descent) and Randal Keynes.

He attends the City of London School, a private all-boys school.

Attends the same school as actors Daniel Radcliffe and Harry Michell. As of September 2005 to July 2006, both he and Harry are in Year Nine with Dan in Year Twelve. (--that's soo cool! he goes to school w/ dan radcliffe! :eek: )

Was banned from eating sugar products on set during the filming of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) due to hyperactive tendencies. (--lol-- :D )

Plays cricket.

Loves playing video games.

Personal quotes
"When it's all over I won't miss the bruises he gave me to impress girls, or the occasional scar which will give me a story to tell my grandchildren, but I'll definitely miss the pranks and the laughing and all the making fun of each other. I'll miss the funky advice he gives me about everything -- football, girls, video games, clothes. Most of all, I'll miss having an older brother." (on costar, William Moseley) (oh, how sweeet)

"For safety reasons during the rehearsal we had to use a rubber ball, which has a really strange bounce that made it hard to hit. Then when we were finally using the real ball for the scene, Will bowled it wide of me every single time so I couldn't hit it. I was furious. Then Andrew started to doubt that I could actually play cricket, and he asked me to pretend to hit the ball for the rest of the rehearsals. On the next ball, I hit it as hard as I could. It smashed into some of our lighting, and the crew yelled, "Skan-DAR!'" (on the cricket scene)

"He's magical. He's great with children. Amazingly fun and cool and funny. Lots of hair too." (about director Andrew Adamson)

"When I first met Georgie, she was very eager to talk. Georgie is great. She's small and hilarious. To laugh at. I mean with - to laugh with." (on costar Georgie Henley) (aw...:))
"I can counter everyone but Andrew. One day, because he's always taking the mick out of me, I'm going to have the best comeback ever. I'm going to call him up thirty years from now and say, 'Hey, Andrew, remember when you said this? Well...'"

"Well, let's see. Edmund is the black sheep of the family, the outcast. He's always trying to get up to the level of the older two by putting down Lucy. He's very immature and full of resentment." - on his character, Edmund Pevensie, in the Chronicles of Narnia

Last edited:
MrsKeynes x3 said:
I know that the birthday project for Skandar is coming up soon and I heard that we have until the end of August. But does anyone know the address I send his present to? Cuz I have no clue.
His b-day is september 5th and you can send it to his official fan address Skandar Keynes
c/o Hamilton Hodell
5th Floor
66-68 Margaret Street
London, W1W 8SR
I would suggest u send it about 2 weeks early cause it'll get there like a day or two before his b-day, that way, u'll have a better chance of a reply

"Check the Gate" is a song Skandar and the other cast member wrote about a term that is used by the director to see if the scene they has just finished filming turned out good in the camera and that`s how the song was born. Will,Anna,Skandar, and Georgie all sing it in the Narnia bloopers and the in the bonus material on the 2nd DVD in the collecters edition. :) HOpe this explains it all!!

Posted on Skandar's IMDB forum:-

I exchanged messages with the girl who worked with Skandar. She was really nice and friendly. She worked on a play with Skandar but Skandar didnt push himself forward he worked behind the scenes on the techncial side and did a good job on lighting the play. She said he was crazy and funny and just like you'd expect a tennage boy to be like. She didnt have any thing bad to say about him. Infact she said he was very down to earth and got the job done. Isnt that nice. He obviously looked rather nice too.

I dug around online to see what the play could have been at his school and it was Salman Rushdie's play Haroun and the Sea of Stories which they performed from 27 - 29 June.

Back