My fourth Warrior Kitten's book: The Wolfprince's Revenge

How would you rate "The Wolfprince's Revenge"?

• 5 stars- Loved it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 stars- liked it/it was okay

• 2 stars- didn't like it

• 1 star- hated it

• Total voters
Did you write about this Snow-Queen in another one of your stories?

In Catlition. She's a pretty interesting character....

Chapter Eighteen of Catlition is where they help Dotti, and where she acknowledges that she owes Ribbony.

Missy took charge, “Is there any way inside the castle that we can get through without being seen by half the kingdom?”
“Well…” Dottina thought a moment, “There is one way, I use it for getting out when them lords bug me. It’s a little tunnel that runs down under the castle then up into my room. I think there are more of them too because whenever I go through them there are doors on the sides of the main tunnel. Leads out beyond the walls that passage does, c’mon I’ll show you!” she hurried ahead of them to a small hill with a good-sized rock in front of it.
Dotti shoved the rock aside to reveal an entrance about four feet wide and two feet tall.
“It gets bigger the farther you go in it,” Dotti explained, “Slopes down a while then levels out, nice ‘n cool down there too.”
Ribbony felt smothered the farther into the tunnel they went despite the cool breathable air. He longed for fresh air but got none, for the tunnel was closed on both ends. The only light was the torch Dottina held as she led the way through the darkness.

Dotti pushed the trap-door open and it fell onto the floor with a muffled thump. Cautiously the kittens all filed out of the hole, knowing that from there on out they could only speak in whispers and even then only when it was necessary.

"So now what?" hissed Dora.
A plan had been forming in Ribbony's mind as they went through the tunnel and he now decided to voice it. He was just about to start speaking when Explorer cut him off.
"We storm the castle thats what we do!" he growled in a loud whisper, "Scare 'em outta their wits then show 'em who's boss."
"Ex, they've got an army waitin' around here somewhere I betcha and we're a couple of half-grown kits (with the exception of Kit's parents) and a runaway princess and you want us to storm the castle? They'd either kill us or lock us up for good in a smelly ole dungeon!" Missy hissed, "So I'd say stormin' the castle is outta the question!"
"Ahem."

They all turned to look at Little Ribbony.
"I got an idea, an' it just might work...."

The council room was filled with the fifteen lords of the Snow Country. They were discussing the issue of Dottina.
“That young cat is always running off without us knowing, even when we put four guards in front of the door to her room! How does she do it?” growled one of them, a fox with grayish hair called Neckar.
“A secret passage maybe?” suggested the youngest council member- Dottina’s friend and her future mate Nikko.
“We’ve searched her room a hundred times over, no secret ways exist in it!” squealed a rather angry looking mouse.
“Its always possible she hides it.” Nikko pointed out.
“Yeah lissen to me mate Nik, ‘e knows what ‘e’s talkin’ about!” came a roguish sounding voice. Dottina stepped out of nowhere- her cloak tattered and her fur matted in clumps of dried and drying mud and a newly donned red silk headband.
Neckar adopted a soothing, humoring tone, “Well my dear you look tired, eh? Why don’t you go to your room and rest some…”
“Don’t try nuttin’ tricksy with me Neckar, I’ve got help on my side now.”
Neckar seemed startled, “Why we’re on your side, aren’t we my friends?” he addressed the rest of the council. Mutters of agreement were heard from the other creatures there.
“Yea? Then why’d ya lock me up when I’m the Queen, or do you all fancy the crown for yourselves? It’s time for me to inherit my title of Snow Queen, members of the most esteemed council, now give it to me willingly or I shall take it by force.” Dotti’s face was a hardened mask of determination that the council saw they could not get around with soft words and sweet talk.
“Seize her!” yelled Neckar. The four guards in the room immediately ran forward to grab Dottina, but at that moment the young queen yowled, “Catlition, ATTACK!”
Six cats leapt out of nowhere onto the guards while two others fired arrows around the room.
Soon the Catlition cats and Dotti had been joined by Dotti’s husband-to-be Nikko. The fight was soon over and the council members and guards cowering before Dotti and Catlition.
“For the time being I command these cats- a group called Catlition. Though young like me they have more honor than you so-called lords ever will. They showed me that my true calling is to be Queen of the Snow Kingdom and also that to achieve that I must get rid of all competition. Now I see your lies and tampering have gone far, but not as far as I had feared, for my soon-to-be mate Nikko is still on my side. Nevertheless you will all be expelled from the kingdom for I will not have traitors and usurpers in my good kingdom: it is called Snow and so I will try to make it as white as snow.” Dottina nodded then to her friends, “These cats though I would have knighted- especially that one.” Dotti pointed a paw toward Ribbony, who’s green eyes widened till they looked as if they would pop out of his head.
That evening Dotti made good on her promise and had all of Catlition knighted. When she came to Ribbony though she looked at the small gray cat in front of her, his head bowed his forepaws resting on his sword hilt as he waited.
“I now knight ye Sir Ribbony leader of Catlition and friend of the Snow Kingdom.” Then she whispered to him, “And I won’t forget what you did for me either, not ever.”

Now back to this book:

Jako quickly intervened before Dora could retort.
“Dora is needed here too. She is the one, remember, who helps my Rita manage the wounded, medicine supplies, clean-up crews, burials, cooking and a dozen other things I can’t remember.” He smiled at Rita, “I think one of the boys should go.”
“Cream’s is too quiet.” Explorer said.
“Except when he tattles.” Growled Dora sullenly.
“Ribbony’s one of the important commanders,” Explorer went on.
“So are you, Ex!” Ribbony said, amused, though he could see where this was going.
Explorer went on as if he hadn’t heard, “And Missy’s too old. That leaves me.” He smiled winningly, “I could have young Midnight lead us past those wolves into the woods and then I’d take over once we were out of the forest. From there I can lead Mozart and her little cavalcade to see Dotti in Snow Country.”
“You seem pretty eager to go, Ex,” said Ribbony, “Any particular reason why?”
Explorer’s ears turned red, “Well you got to tag along to the adventure last time. I want a turn to return to the old haunts and countries we passed and made memories in when we were kits. Afterall you go to go to Vengo, where we lived half our kithood!”
Ribbony chuckled, “I know, I know, but there’s no reason to hold a grudge against me!”
“I’m not.” Explorer snorted, “I just want a chance to go on adventures again too. I’m not that old you know!”

“Well now that that’s settled,” said Jako quickly, before any more delays could occur, “You’ll need supplies for traveling: plenty of food, warm clothing (Afterall this is Snow Country you’ll be going to), your weapons, of course, and…”
“Oh don’t worry Jako. Myself, Dora and Missy are quite capable of preparing them.” Rita said amusedly.
“One more thing,” piped up Mozart, “I don’t want all of my Catlition going either, only Toto, Caspian, Dorthy, Fire, Jako, Jade and Smokey will come. Midnight will only accompany us to the edge of the woods. Now before you protest,” she said, raising her paw to still Frodo and Shadow’s indignant replies, “I need the rest of you here; you’re all good fighters or healers and Reandalawo needs you. Mid and Shadow, you two are especially important because you’re the spies! You two are the only ones who can disappear in and out of a place without anyone so much as seeing your tail-tips. Please, no arguments everyone? I am your leader and I know what’s best for you and Reandalawo.”

Jako smiled at his daughter, she really was a good leader.
“Right, now everyone back to work! Hup-to! I want these kits and Explorer gone by Midnight- literally!”

****​

Good job! :)

Thanks for quoting the chapter from the other book. Context is always helpful. ;) I'm still working on reading through your other books.

Good job! :)

Thanks for quoting the chapter from the other book. Context is always helpful. ;) I'm still working on reading through your other books.

You're welcome.;) Probably that's what I'll do throughout the book just to make it easier. Oh and I'll be leaving for Honduras tomorrow and I'll be gone until the night of Friday the 17th, so you'll have plenty of time to catch up on my other books some more.:D

“Are you sure that there are only three entrances?”
“Except for the place where the river flows under the walls, but you couldn’t get through there- too low and narrow.”

Khain had been questioning his spies all morning, trying to figure out the weakness of this enormous fortress. The Gate was not one and there were reports of disastrous results ensuing from previous attacks on the North and West wallgates. Tunneling under the walls would be near impossible, as they would be seen doing it and going over the walls had been tried by his father with only partial success. That left few options, but Khain’s mind was working, and already he had several ideas to test.

“Show me where the river runs under the wall.” He commanded one of his spies, a rat.
‘One good thing about having non-wolf recruits in my army,’ reflected Khain, ‘Is that they are a lot smaller and unobtrusive than wolves and quite good spies. Too bad that beyond that their abilities are limited.’

Khain followed the spy in a roundabout course to the southern edge of the fortress. Lying in amongst the trees and gnarled shrubs at the edge of the forest Khain could hear the river nearby and just see where it entered Reandalawo by a low iron window, which cleared the water by only half a foot.
“How deep is the water in that spot?” the Wolfprince asked.
“Don’t know, sire, I didn’t check.” Replied the rat.
“Well then check! Quickly!” growled Khain.
“But sire, there are arc-”
“I don’t care!” howled the wolf, “Just look you insolent fool!”
Frightened by his master’s angry mood the rat scurried off without a second thought.

Twang!
The rat never reached its destination. He gave a startled cry as a white arrow thudded into his chest, then dropped dead a second later.

Okay. I hope you have a wonderful time. :) We'll miss you.

And I'll miss TDL! But hopefully I won't get sick and be forced to come back early!:eek:;)

Flower stood, peering out over the battlements. She had taken it upon herself to patrol all four walls of the great fortress, to make sure that no evildoers were lurking in wait in the forest. After all her siblings were going on a mission that night and she was going to make sure they were safe!
Carefully the young creamy-gray she-cat scanned the undergrowth where the rat had come from. It didn’t take her long to detect Khain hiding at the edge of the woods (as wolves are not exactly the most inconspicuous creatures in the world) and it took even less time for her to load a second arrow and aim it at his position.

Khain was still trying to figure out what had happened to his spy when a whitish-gray arrow flew whizzing past his ear- nicking it. He gave a startled cry and turned to run as Flower’s third arrow hit his right foreleg. Howling in anger he whipped around to look for his invisible enemy. Then he noticed the small shape on the battlements of the great fortress. He wasn’t close enough to make out the details of his attacker, but he could tell she was a cat with light gray fur and black stripes. Khain marked the cat in his memory, then darted off into the undergrowth as another arrow sped past him.

Last edited:
Yes, and remember that scene 'cause its important later.;)

Really? Oh wow, I always thought spell-check was lying.... xD (No, seriously! Word spell check can be really annoying! Some words are supposed to be one word, not two! xD)
Will do! :D

Spell check does lie occasionally, but not this time. ;)
On my sister's laptop, she has a setting where the spell-check will make suggestions for general grammar improvement. A few days ago, it suggested that she use the word "met" instead of "encountered", because it thinks "encountered" is a complex word choice. :eek:

I have a feeling Flower just got herself in trouble.

Will do! :D

Spell check does lie occasionally, but not this time. ;)
On my sister's laptop, she has a setting where the spell-check will make suggestions for general grammar improvement. A few days ago, it suggested that she use the word "met" instead of "encountered", because it thinks "encountered" is a complex word choice. :eek:

What if you want a complex word choice?:eek:

Well that could be endlessly annoying.

Chapter Seven
The Journey to Snow Country​

That night the little group- led by Midnight and Explorer- set off for Snow Country.

Their trek through Freedom Forest was relatively uneventful. Midnight led them in a wide arc around where the wolf camp was thought to be, and also around the spot where Flower had sighted a wolf patrol in the woods earlier. All too soon the young black tomcat disappeared from their sight back into the forest to return to Reandalawo and they were left alone, looking out into the desolate land beyond.

“We’ll rest behind that rise over yonder,” Explorer informed them, pointing to a small hill not far from the edge of the trees, “Tomorrow we’ll cross the River and curve around to catch the edge of the desert. After that it’s a week’s hard traveling to reach the border of Snow Country and then another three days until you sight the Snow Palace.”
“Will it be very cold this time of year?” piped up Smokey.
Explorer eyed her skeptically, “It’s always cold in there, kit, that’s why its called Snow Country. Its early fall though, so we’ll probably see some snow while we’re there, hopefully not any storms though.”

By now they had made it to the shelter of the hill and the boys had begun to set up the tents while the girls collected kindling to start a fire. Soon the cold, unwelcoming field was illuminated with a bright warm fire, over which Mozart and Fire were warming a stew.

“Will the river be swollen this time of year?” Mozart asked absently.
“Probably, but hopefully it won’t be too hard. Hey, did Dora ever tell you kits the story of our nearly deadly river crossing? We had all swum across except Ribbony. He jumped in and almost drowned! If it hadn’t been for Kit then we’d have lost him then.” Explorer shook his head, “It gave us all a scare. I think it was then that we realized the river that flows around to Reandalawo is the Deathtrap River which flows through Dark Tunnel. Strange, eh?”
Subdued by what they would have to face tomorrow, the kittens fell silent until the food was ready. They talked little, each having his or her own thoughts about what might happen in the coming days. Eventually though they all fell asleep, except whoever was on watch, of course.

****​

Last edited:
In this case it would be led.

I hope Explorer remembers how to get there well enough that they don't get lost.

I thought for sure I put "led" there... hmm....

Trust me, Rita packed them a map.:p And getting lost would be the least of their troubles.... (although last time when they got lost in Snow Country it was how they first me Dottina, so...)

How did Explorer get his name? Is it his actual birth name, or a title?

Nope, that's his name. I named him "Explorer" because he was the first one out of the box they had as kittens. Ironically (I have always said this is a coincidence) his sister's name is Dora....:rolleyes:

Not sure if I'll be on much more today (We're busy, busy, dreadfully busy...:p) so here's the next part of the chapter....

“But water quenches fire! What if I lose my powers?”
“Fireheart for the last time; you will not drown, you will not lose your powers and you will come across this river!”

Explorer was standing, dripping wet, on the far bank of the river glaring furiously across at Fireheart who was frozen at the edge of the churning, tossing water. Smokey, Toto, Dorthy and Jade had already crossed as well and were waiting anxiously for their friends.
“It’s not that bad, Fire! I made it across okay!” called Jade encouragingly.
“You’re not a Fire Kitten either!”
“Sis, look at me,” Jako took his sister’s shoulders in his paws and turned her towards him. “We’ve had our powers since the day we were born, we just didn’t know about them until that day in Vengo, right?” her brother reasoned, “So remember when we crossed Deathtrap? Did I lose my powers then? Did you? No! We were fine- a little wet and shaken, but fine! We’ll be fine this time too, just trust the White Cat to help us and we’ll be okay. Now c’mon, we’ll cross together.”

The two kittens grasped paws and then dove into the water. A moment later two orange heads appeared above the surface- one swimming confidently and the other thrashing fearfully. Jako swam over to his sister and righted her and then they continued swimming together until they reached the far shore, where Explorer pulled them out.

“Well I suppose it’s our turn, Mo.” Caspian said nervously.
Mozart turned and grinned at him, “Not scared of a little water, are you Caspian?” she laughed, forestalling his reply, “’Course you are, so’m I! Now let’s get this over with, hold my paw now, and… jump!”
The two siblings swam swiftly to the shore. All was going as hoped until they reached the middle. Caspian- who had been swimming slightly ahead of Mozart- continued on easily, but Mozart, who was much smaller than any of the others, gave a squeak of surprise as the current dragged her away.

“Caspian, help! The river’s got me!” she kicked out frantically but to her terror she wasn’t strong enough to fight the current.
“Help!” she screamed once more, before the river dragged her under.

The river threw her mercilessly about in its raging waters- throwing her against rocks, submerged branches and what might have even been the bank. At first the tiny cat tried to latch on to them but quickly she realized it was useless; the rocks and branches were smooth from being underwater for so long and the muddy walls of the bank flashed by to fast for her to get a grip. Finally she could hold her breath no longer and Mozart found herself breathing water. Vaguely, before unconsciousness enveloped her, she realized why her foster mother Myrrh had never let her play in the river by their home…

(Yes, I'm going to be cruel and leave you there for a week. :p)

Last edited:
Nope, that's his name. I named him "Explorer" because he was the first one out of the box they had as kittens. Ironically (I have always said this is a coincidence) his sister's name is Dora....:rolleyes:

:D That's hilarious!!!!!
It reminds me of a story my dad told about some people in his extended family. The boy was named Sam and the girl was named Ella. The parents would call, "Sam and Ella!" Get it? :rolleyes:

Oh, dear! Poor Mo! I'm certain that she'll survive, but how?! :eek:

:eek: Mewsie! That is just cruel!!! Poor Mozart! Poor us!

I laugh at your misery.:p I act like those people who make TV shows and leave you at a cliffhanger for a week. I've always wanted to do that, and now I have!:D:p
At least I didn't leave you at a cliffhanger in the chapter I've been writing. Be very, very, VERY grateful of that. *muy serio nod*

And here's what happened.....

Mozart’s head broke surface, but she was already too far gone to realize it. Someone else wasn’t though.
Toto was by far the best swimmer of the company. He delighted in catching fish in the sluggish river that flowed through Reandalawo and sometimes when he was young he had swum with his older brothers in the larger, faster river near Myrrh’s home (a result of dares and taunts by the older kittens).
The young, golden furred tomcat had been running alongside the river, searching for a sign of his little sister. He saw the river toss her up and dove in quickly after her. He came up not far from her, but the river was moving fast and he knew he must act quickly to save Mozart.

Swimming strongly and using the current to his advantage, Toto reached Mozart quickly. Grasping her scruff he whipped around toward the bank, swimming parallel to the fierce current. When he reached the shore her reached up one forepaw, then the other and hauled himself up. Setting his sister down gently, he collapsed into a sitting position over her.

“Mozart! Toto!” yelled a familiar voice. Toto looked up to see Dorthy haring towards them. She stopped beside them and barely glanced at Toto before turning her attention to Mozart’s limp form.
“White Cat help us,” she muttered. Placing a paw on Mozart’s chest she pushed down gently but firmly. She did not stop until Mozart heaved a shuddering sigh then shoved herself up using her forepaws, and coughed up mouthfuls of riverwater.
“Thanks.” She said shakily once she got her voice back.
“Mozart!” Caspian had reached them now and began covering his little sister with licks and questions. “Are you alright? I’m so sorry! I should have been more careful! Do you feel okay? Did Toto get you out alright?”
“Did you see any fish?” came Jako’s curious voice; the rest of the group had joined them now.
“Who cares if she saw any fish!” said Caspian, glaring murderously at the younger cat, “I just care if she’s alright!”
“I’m glad to hear it,” said Mozart, “But I’d appreciate it if you’d stop mauling me, Caspian, and give me some room to breathe! Being underwater for who-knows-how-long does give one a thirst for air!”

Once Mozart was breathing more evenly Explorer announced that they would rest there for the night. Mozart started to protest but Explorer put up a paw to stop her.
“Ribbony almost drowned once when we were young too. He was okay, but he was very cold and weak. You’re smaller than Ribbony was then (which is saying something) so I’d imagine you’re going to be colder and weaker than he was. Since Ribbony could barely take a few steps forward then I’m thinking with you in this condition we aren’t going to get very far. So we’ll rest- I’m sure Reandalawo won’t be in ruins just because we stopped for a day, and we’re all a little shook up after that incident.”
And that settled the matter.

Back