I have the opposite opinion. Deep Breath was all right mainly because Capaldi was fantastic. But I LOVED the second episode, pretty much everything about it. But especially I like Danny. ^_^

I really didn't like the first episode of this season, but I loved last night's! At first I was annoyed that they were doing daleks AGAIN but it turned out to be something completely different. Good stuff.

I have a few things to say about the new Doctor Who series but I still have to get it out into coherent sentences, especially of what I see is the increasing departure from traditional values... I watched the first two episodes, and while I think Peter Capaldi is an excellent Doctor, the episodes are missing that excitement I remember about the introduction of the 3 previous doctors.

I loved the last episode, but not as much as Deep Breath. Peter is awesome, of course, and so is Clara. Danny is fun, I'm looking forward to getting to know him better. I have high hopes for the season after the last two episodes. The Robin Hood on looks amazing I'm so excited!

I loved the Robin Hood episode. It was light and fluffly, just what I wanted.
I agree.

The into Dallek episode was good, but it was very weighty. Robin Hood was much more the thing.

I feel like I may be missing some good one-liners because I don't always understand the new doctors accent. I am sure I will get used to it.

Now I can say that I haven't watched ALL Doctor Who episodes. I missed the last two! I suppose I'll have to rent them on iTunes or something.

Now I can say that I haven't watched ALL Doctor Who episodes. I missed the last two! I suppose I'll have to rent them on iTunes or something.
How did that happen, BK?

I haven't watched the latest one, but I have it on DVR.

I really enjoyed the Robin Hood one; you should definitely try to see that. It was cute.

I've watched Listen twice but I'm still not sure whether I like it or not. And I have to say I'm feeling a bit more uncertain about Capaldi after my initial positive reaction. Although he is without doubt a very accomplished actor his portrayal of the Doctor is very austere and I'm finding it hard to warm to him. At least so far. I'm hoping that will change as the series continues

I will give my two cents (possibly more) on the last two episodes. *River Song voice* Spoilers.

Firstly, I loved, no, ADORED the Robin Hood episode. It was the best episode I've seen in a long time. It was funny and witty, with an undercurrent of seriousness that never more than half reared its head. It held all the wonder and imagination of my childhood plus the Doctor.:D Also, Clara was my representative in the episode- I totally would have been that fangirl. Her speech at the beginning about how she'd loved the story of Robin Hood since she was a kid.... she wasn't even being romantic about it, she just admired the person of Robin Hood and his adventures. It was purrfect.:D I also loved the Doctor's unbelief and Robin's speech about "I'm just as real as you are."
I don't care what else they come up with this season, that episode was perfect and don't you dare tell me it isn't because the only way it could have been better was for it to have had me in it and for it to have been filmed in Carcassone.:p

I also enjoyed "Listen". It didn't freak me out as much as I expected it would. I was always afraid of the dark as a child (still am) and when I'm at home I take a running leap into my bed after I turn out the light (its not exactly safe for me to do that in a college dorm room, regrettably). Despite this, I slept well the night after I watched it. I thought it began well and ended well, but the middle was a bit shaky, I mean, c'mon, the end of the universe again? At times it seemed like the episode had run out of ideas and was using old ones. The end completely saved the episode for me though- I LOVED the connection with the War Doctor and the 50th. And little Theta/Doctor :3.

Also, Clara's becoming one of my favorite companions.

I will give my two cents (possibly more) on the last two episodes. *River Song voice* Spoilers.

Firstly, I loved, no, ADORED the Robin Hood episode. It was the best episode I've seen in a long time. It was funny and witty, with an undercurrent of seriousness that never more than half reared its head. It held all the wonder and imagination of my childhood plus the Doctor.:D Also, Clara was my representative in the episode- I totally would have been that fangirl. Her speech at the beginning about how she'd loved the story of Robin Hood since she was a kid.... she wasn't even being romantic about it, she just admired the person of Robin Hood and his adventures. It was purrfect.:D I also loved the Doctor's unbelief and Robin's speech about "I'm just as real as you are."
I don't care what else they come up with this season, that episode was perfect and don't you dare tell me it isn't because the only way it could have been better was for it to have had me in it and for it to have been filmed in Carcassone.:p

I also enjoyed "Listen". It didn't freak me out as much as I expected it would. I was always afraid of the dark as a child (still am) and when I'm at home I take a running leap into my bed after I turn out the light (its not exactly safe for me to do that in a college dorm room, regrettably). Despite this, I slept well the night after I watched it. I thought it began well and ended well, but the middle was a bit shaky, I mean, c'mon, the end of the universe again? At times it seemed like the episode had run out of ideas and was using old ones. The end completely saved the episode for me though- I LOVED the connection with the War Doctor and the 50th. And little Theta/Doctor :3.

Also, Clara's becoming one of my favorite companions.

I agree with everything here, and Clara is my fav companions, other than sarah jane course

2 lost Patrick Troughton stories were recently discovered. "The Enemy of the World" where the Doctor encountered his double Salamander and "The Web of Fear" which is the following story (except episode 3--still missing) and have been released on DVD.

i've never seen any of the original series ...

and i am getting behind on the new series. we have been working the past 2 weekends; i think i have 2 new episodes to watch whenever i can get the tv to myself. how has everyone liked them? what do we think of PC now?

remember i told you my husband gave up on trying to make a sonic screwdriver pen? well, here is the closest he can come, in the photo. what do you think? it is very hefty. the shaft is made of copper and aluminum wrapped around the tube of the pen, with tiny rivets, then covered in acrylic. it's not like any sonic screwdriver we've ever seen, but it has the same spirit. :)

Attachments

• pewter side view steam bullet.jpg
    pewter side view steam bullet.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 45
^ That's a pretty epic sonic pen. I had a pen once that I called a sonic pen because it had a flashlight on the end of it.

I think the new episodes have been good. They keep you guessing until the very end, that's for sure.

*River comes to warn you all of Spoilers*

Time Heist did not go at all how I thought it would, but in a good way. I thought the two NPC/Redshirts would end up dying, but they didn't and I was quite pleased with that. The ending was also a nice nod to the Doctor knowing how it feels to be the last of his kind, and then suddenly have hope that he isn't. It felt like a reminder of what was and what is to come.

The Caretaker was different, but good. It needed to be done. There's always that episode where the companion's friends/family finally realize what the heck is going on. I thought it was handled well, though I hope the Doctor's animosity towards soldiers is resolved somehow in this season, because it's getting worse.

The most recent episode, Kill the Moon, has sent my mind off on all sorts of weird little tangents. I also have a number of questions that are of the "Was the canoe wood, or aluminum?!?" sort (if you don't know what that means, go look up, "Veggietales, the Song of the Cebu"). My mind is like, "Weeeee, the moon's an egg! What in the name of sanity does that mean for werewolves?"
I definitely will never look at the moon the same way again though. Last night it was almost full and I was like, "Oh look, it does appear to have something curled up inside it, look at the way the craters look from here..."
My imagination is taking this and running away with it.:p

That pen is cool! I'll have to go to the website and check it out!

On another note, I missed last week episode because I forgot! Yes, I admit it, something's going on and I'm forgetting about the doctor. I think it's those darn Daleks!

I didn't like Kill the Moon at all. Found it far too implausible.

The latest episode, Mummy on the Orient Express was a different matter though. Expected to be indifferent at best but found it gripping and involving, best of the series so far. Capaldi had at last convinced me he IS the Doctor, and there's an absolutely wonderful scene where he... well I don't want to spoil it for anyone, lets say he offers someone something that is different from what it first appears to be and is a delightful little tribute to the show's past.

Back