Twilight * Official Twilight Thread * All Twilight Discussion here

Who all has seen the clip of Bella/Edward rescue scene in Italy?:D Isn't it...AMAZING?:eek: :D

Hi... :eek: So umm...

This is my first time posting here, and... well frankly, I used to be a part of "The Anti-Twilight Group" (social group) for quite a while. I hated the books and film because... well, because I hated the hype surrounding the movie, and I thought it was pretty juvenile and idiotic. I once described it saying, "I'm sick of all the mindless ranting about a teenage angst book/film gone vampiric." I think vampirism is a Satanic sect, and I thought it was glorified in this film, just like in "Interview With the Vampire" (although I still think that's a thoroughly interesting film). Plus, the greatest author ever living today (Stephen King) labeled the book as "badly written," and the rating for the movie on IMDb is a 6.0. Pretty bad.

But I had neither read the books, nor seen the film, so I thought "How rational is it for me to hate something I haven't actually seen or heard?" So I decided to watch the movie, but only so I could reinforce my hatred. :rolleyes: I streamed the movie online (since I thought it wasn't worth the time or money to actually go and rent this), and watched it all the way through, intent on hating it. I was biased to hate it.

.... I ended up really liking it. :eek: I liked it so much that I decided I'm going to buy it soon. I didn't expect it to be as great as I thought it'd be, and I certainly didn't expect it to make the "human blood drinkers" out to be bad. The acting was better than I expected, as was the casting choice, the artistic lighting, the directing, the editing, the music, the storyline and plot... even the script (though a little corny at times) I thought was pretty good.

So, I left "The Anti-Twilight Group" explaining I've been "Twilightized." I'm not too intent on reading the books, and I'm not really a die-hard fan for this, but I have to admit that this was honestly a good film... and I'm a guy. So... I hope this is a good intro to me joining in with your discussions... because I'd really like to start talking about it because I liked it so much! I'm no longer a hater. :)

Last edited:
:eek: YES!!!!!!!!:D
Welcome,Truman,glad to have you on our side!:p

I personally dislike the movie (although looking forward to NM),but adore the books,but there are movie only,book only and book&movie fans here.

So,go ahead and discuss!!!*dances* :D

Last edited:
Well then, what does the book have that the movie doesn't have? (just wondering) :) Because the movie seemed pretty good! :D

It's just that they skip so much out. And there's no detail and I hate Bella. Because the actress doesn't like Twilight!!!

Well then, what does the book have that the movie doesn't have? (just wondering) :) Because the movie seemed pretty good! :D

Edward is harsher/more threatening in the film than books.

I didn't care for the casting choices.:p

They left out a lot of plot,changed several scenes,and added some.

The feel of the film was spooky,almost like a horror movie.The book has a much lighter feel,and far less violence.

The "bedroom kiss" scene in the film was 1.not in the book 2.totally unnecessary.:rolleyes:

Edward stops sucking Bella's blood because of his love for her,not because Carlisle has to tell him he's killing her,which to me,showed a weakness in Edward's character.

A few other things but that's the main......

It's just that they skip so much out. And there's no detail and I hate Bella. Because the actress doesn't like Twilight!!!
Wow... had to google that about Kirsten Stewart, and you're wrong... She doesn't dislike "Twilight" as a whole, she just hated the synopsis of the story. She liked the book, and she enjoyed the movie. They (the filmmakers and Kirsten) decided to change everything, from how the scenes were acted, to what lines were said and not said. I agree, you can't just say "I want to die for you," there's gotta be a bit of realism at least, because no one would say that in real life in that context (and some of the lines still turned out kind of corny :eek:). She also doesn't think too highly of the fans, as she was once quoted,
"I'm just as passionate about the book as the fans are, so it's sort of weird to be addressed like, 'Don't mess this up for us!' Like, wow, I don't want to mess it up for myself either."
But she did like the movie she played in, and she liked the book...

...But I do admit, Kirsten could be described in that role as "the most expressionless girl on the planet." :rolleyes: But the point is, do they skip any crucial book events in the movie? Because I wouldn't know.

Truman:No,nothing crucial,per se. Just some sweet moments and some others that would have been nice to include.

But yeah,New Moon looks good.:D

In Kristen's defense, I hate the character Bella but I ♥ed Kristen...why? because she made believe that she wasn't Bella! lol plus I kinda like her mono-expressionism lol :rolleyes: it worked well in Speak and Into the Wild. lol

LOL she really didn't have any expressions/vocal inflections,did she?:p But,yeah,it worked for Bella.:p

Back