European football cup!/Congratulations Nederlandse!

Doffen

Congratulations Netherlands!

Netherlands - Italy 3-0 ... That's the most enjoyable moment of football I've ever seen! You really showed them! Can't say we Norwegians had anything to do with it, but still proud indeed! Since Norway isn't in this tournament I'm keeping my thumbs up for Sweden and Netherlands. It's not fun to just look at German, English and Italian football. But it's ALOT of fun to watch the smaller football nations beating the bigger ones to dust!!!!

Note: i posted this in the international forum, because it's an international thingy, feel free to move

So, anyone else following the matches in the European football cup (soccer, if you like)?

I'm like sooo exited right now, our team beated Italy with 3-0:D Anyone else want to talk about it?

Note: i posted this in the international forum, because it's an international thingy, feel free to move

So, anyone else following the matches in the European football cup (soccer, if you like)?

I'm like sooo exited right now, our team beated Italy with 3-0:D Anyone else want to talk about it?

You know that we made the same thread at the EXACT same time? :p ... neitherless, you guys rocked today. This was so funny to watch. I think the Italians will cry themselves to sleep tonight. especially after one of the Italian players was like "Netherlands? Where's that?" in a interview before the game started ... This made my year.. Honestly :p

"(soccer, if you like)"

No it's not soccer it's football!!

Haha, yeah, we did make it at the same time. Thanks Doffen :D It was a great game indeed, not a dull one, but one with a lot of good oppertunities, and lots well used. I loved the second goal that was made, and in the last 10 minutes or so, Italy had a huuuuge oppertunity, and our team stopped it, that was really great too.

Me and some friends were in this small café in our neighbourhood watching the game on bigscreen, and we were all like cheering and laughing. And just after the third goal was made, a police car drove by, and they stopped for a while to see if everything was okay (it was, it's a decent café ;)), and we were like signing to them that it was 3-0, and they were like YEAH:D

I'm really exited for Friday, Netherlands vs France.

Haha, yeah, we did make it at the same time. Thanks Doffen :D It was a great game indeed, not a dull one, but one with a lot of good oppertunities, and lots well used. I loved the second goal that was made, and in the last 10 minutes or so, Italy had a huuuuge oppertunity, and our team stopped it, that was really great too.

Me and some friends were in this small café in our neighbourhood watching the game on bigscreen, and we were all like cheering and laughing. And just after the third goal was made, a police car drove by, and they stopped for a while to see if everything was okay (it was, it's a decent café ;)), and we were like signing to them that it was 3-0, and they were like YEAH:D

the funniest moment I found was the first goal. Luca Toni was so frustrated that he got himself a yellow one. Absolutely brilliant performance of the judge to see that the player wasn't in offside (No matter how much the Italians may whine, Netherland was not in offside).

France may be a bigger challenge for Netherlands then the Italians where. If I recall correctly, Netherlands has much more experience with handling the Italians then they have with the French. Italy is way more agressive then France, and that may cause a problem for you guys when the Frenchmen just stands there to fish some goals ;) Will be interesting to see indeed! I hope the best for the Dutch guys. We're ALMOST nabours, after all!

You know that we made the same thread at the EXACT same time? ... neitherless, you guys rocked today. This was so funny to watch. I think the Italians will cry themselves to sleep tonight. especially after one of the Italian players was like "Netherlands? Where's that?" in a interview before the game started ... This made my year.. Honestly

"(soccer, if you like)"

No it's not soccer it's football!!

Haha, yeah, we did make it at the same time. Thanks Doffen It was a great game indeed, not a dull one, but one with a lot of good oppertunities, and lots well used. I loved the second goal that was made, and in the last 10 minutes or so, Italy had a huuuuge oppertunity, and our team stopped it, that was really great too.

Heheh... (i'm reacting at both). It would be so fanastic if van der Sar would be like: "France? Where's that?!" as a joke and sneer to the Italian player. I would laugh my head of. Well, now I think of that, please van der Sar don't say it, my head is on my neck and I'd like to keep it that way. Well van der Sar is probably way to nice to do that. OOhw... I hate soccer (hey at least I use the wrong word, so you could ignore it Doffen).
But I like la Suisse, the Netherlands, van der Sar, Kuijt (international Dutch player from Katwijk, my home village) and of course victory.
And indeed, I also react on Van now, the cheering of the neighbours was very loud.
But was the match a boring one, or was it great to watch? No TV or 'tussenstanden' in Bilthoven at my grandparents' home.
Sometimes I'd like to wash clicksafe through the toilet!!!

Netherlands - Italy 3-0 ... That's the most enjoyable moment of football I've ever seen! You really showed them! Can't say we Norwegians had anything to do with it, but still proud indeed! Since Norway isn't in this tournament I'm keeping my thumbs up for Sweden and Netherlands. It's not fun to just look at German, English and Italian football. But it's ALOT of fun to watch the smaller football nations beating the bigger ones to dust!!!!

You're so right!!! (But hey I'm DUtch :D)

Mods/mod: if you have to remove this wonderfull message, can't you move it under the Europa cup thread on this part of the forum?

I'll have you banned for this

So will I!!! :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS lieke (and all the other Dutch on here) and Netherlands!!! I love soccer/football, but I haven't been following the European cup this year. But I just saw the highlights of the goals and by the way, the first goal was totally offsides (in my opinion), but it didn't matter anyway. ;) But I thought the second goal was phenomenal-the cross, the header pass, and the finish.

Should be a great game against France!

Puzzle, the match was a great one, one of the better matches i've seen of the team, and our team too. Orange was performing really well, and in my opinion Italy didn't perform that bad either, but hey, i can't play football at all, so what would i know:rolleyes:

Tim, the goal wasn't offside. First i thought it was too, but when we saw it again at home, we saw that there was a Italian player (besides the goalman of course) behind the goal line, lying on the grass. It was a good call from the judge. It wasn't offside, though it did look like it.:D

Last time we beated Italy was 30 years ago.

France's defense is strong indeed, that is not so good for us, but we'll see.

Today Spain vs Russia and after that Greece vs Sweden.

Puzzle, the match was a great one, one of the better matches i've seen of the team, and our team too. Orange was performing really well, and in my opinion Italy didn't perform that bad either, but hey, i can't play football at all, so what would i know:rolleyes:

Tim, the goal wasn't offside. First i thought it was too, but when we saw it again at home, we saw that there was a Italian player (besides the goalman of course) behind the goal line, lying on the grass. It was a good call from the judge. It wasn't offside, though it did look like it.:D

Last time we beated Italy was 30 years ago.

France's defense is strong indeed, that is not so good for us, but we'll see.

Charntim it's FOOTBALL not Soccer!!
Today Spain vs Russia and after that Greece vs Sweden.

The goal wasn't offside, though it can be debated. There's no rule set on people who're laying on the grass behind the keeper, though there should be. In all fairness, it would've been offside, it just hasn't reached the rulebook yet :p Good call by the judge though. If it's not in the rulebook, then it's legal.

The coolest thing ever was that the guy who washed the Duth players' socks put it in the same washer with the Italian suits. You may have noticed how the dutch guys looked like on the legs? :p

The thing I'm most interested in right now will be the Sweden match.

I am on the island of Aruba right now, a Dutch Crown Colony, and yesterday afternoon nothing could be done because everyone had to be glued to their TV sets! Well done, Holland!!!
:)

Puzzle, have not seen you in ages. Welcome back!
Wilkomen.
:)

Big hug to you Doffen!!!! I don't like this voetbal (football/soccer/whatever) very much but of course it is great to know our ORANJE (orange and national name of the dutch team) has done great!!!
Owwww.....we have an important fan:
25g5lxt.jpg

France....next friday. Italy has to play against Rumania and France has not played very well either from what I've heard.
With this supporter (frodo) and his girl (Ferny) we must win.

I have no clue Ferny. At the beginning they called POULE C the poule of death (france, Italy, Netherlands and Rumania) but after the bad performance of both Italy and France it has changed a bit. I think -even though I'm dutch myself- Doffen or perhaps Petey Puzzle can answer this question. Or maybe Lieke!!

Back