LWW Day!

Aravis Kenobi

Okay, so today is December 9th, the 6th anniversary of LWW coming out in theaters in 2005. Is anyone else planning on watching the movie today/tonight? I was going to, but left my apartment without the movie. :rolleyes: :(

If you knew about this, is there anything else you are planning on doing?

Oh, and mods, could this be a stickied thread, so I don't have to create a new one every time? :eek:

Consider it stuck. That's right, it's been 6 years, hasn't it? I watch bits and pieces of the film from time to time, but perhaps I should watch it all the way through.

I still admire the translation of the story to the screen, and think the lamppost scene between Georgie and James McAvoy to be one of the classic scenes of all movie history. (But then, I'm hardly a film aficionado.)

Well on the 22nd, I will celebrate my sixth anniversary here! That's related because watching the film got me interested in looking for a good Narnia site. Couldn't find one, so I settled for this. :D:D

ES, it's close/good enough. ;)

POTW, I agree with you about the faithfulness. Just a shame the others couldn't follow suit, but oh well. I really am sad I forgot to bring it with me; I don't watch it often enough!

Well, most of you know how I feel about the movies.

I won't be watching them.

I do remember seeing in in theaters, though (omg, six years already? I feel old.) I was thirteen, and it was the best thing ever then.

Well on the 22nd, I will celebrate my sixth anniversary here! That's related because watching the film got me interested in looking for a good Narnia site. Couldn't find one, so I settled for this. :D:D
Aren't you glad we settled for you? We had almost a complete complement of critters, only lacking a badger.

I was planning on watching it this weekend, so I might just watch it tonight. It's amazing that it has been that long since it came out! I remember watching every bit of special about it and reading the movie companion, and being really hyped for it. It didn't disappoint. I loved every minute of it.

I saw the movie in theaters on 1/6/06, and plan to wait until the anniversary of that date to watch the movie again. :)

I didnt even know that or else I would have had a big sledpover party with my narnia friends! Oh, wait! My narnia friends are all online! Seriously! But I will definitly try and watch it tonight! I have the four disc extended collectors edition! It is really awesome! Anyone who hasnt seen it should find it somewhere and watch it.

Meh. I own both the 2 disc and 4 disc, and find nothing special about the extended edition because I paid $70 for 10 extra minutes of footage. I do like the bookends that came with the set though, but that's the only good thing I got out of it.

But I'd rather watch the 2 disc; there isn't quite as much choppiness as with the extended edition.

You know, something rather simple I like about LWW is the soundtrack during the first Lucy and Tumnus interaction. It really fits IMO, and rather reminds me of the original Narnia movies.

Oh I feel so Awsomeatic right now; December 9th is my half-birthday.:D xD I can't believe I never figured that out before now! I don't think I'll have time to watch it tonight but maybe tomorrow.....:D

Oh I feel so Awsomeatic right now; December 9th is my half-birthday.:D xD I can't believe I never figured that out before now! I don't think I'll have time to watch it tonight but maybe tomorrow.....:D

Sorry to go off topic here, but somebody told me that he had never heard of the word "Awesomeatic" before, and I told him I'd made it up. Guess not. :p haha.

Meh. I own both the 2 disc and 4 disc, and find nothing special about the extended edition because I paid $70 for 10 extra minutes of footage. I do like the bookends that came with the set though, but that's the only good thing I got out of it.

But I'd rather watch the 2 disc; there isn't quite as much choppiness as with the extended edition.

Well, i paid $25 for mine and its just the boxed set, not the one with the bookends. I got it last year after seeing LWW on ABC family and watching a scene that i never saw on my dvd. So i searched around and found that one. And bought it off of Ebay, I think.

I like the movie very much and I am a writer focused on career and physical development to spread more issues and tips to develop and works through Professional resume writing service. Yet the movie stands for self-sacrifice, as Adamson and others admit, with the animated lion Aslan representing "selflessness." The White Witch, as actress Tilda Swinton points out, has "no sense of social responsibility". Features are predominantly effects-related, though there are rewards for Narnia readers, including a map and rich voice readings over dramatic drawings. The longest piece is a 37-minute director's profile that's strictly behind the scenes.

An audio commentary by the actors who portray the four kids is a snooze—they giggle a lot—and a separate commentary track with Adamson and others is mostly technical, not story or character driven. It is telling, as producer Mark Johnson expresses delight that kids jumped in their seats when the wolves attack the girls, and they crow about special effects in a movie with a vermin-infested animal sacrifice in a winter wonderland governed by some mystical thing called Deep Magic. This premiere collector's edition DVD sufficiently chronicles the blockbuster's spectacle.

Back