Forum Issues

Dear Corin and Copperfox,
There is one way to dig into the forums and recover posts, but I'm afraid it is rather tedious. If you know the forum your lost threads/posts are in:

1. Go to that forum and then scroll towards the bottom of the page to the Display Options box.

2. Click on <From The> menu, and a list of time periods will appear. If your particular thread/post is older than one year old, click on <Beginning>

3. Click on the gray <Show Threads> box directly beneath the <From The> menu.

4. Then you can make your way through the forum threads till you find what you're looking for. Sorry this is so time-consuming, but hopefully you will discover some lost gems along the way.

Hello! I'm not sure who is still here as this thread hasn't been updated in a while but was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I wanted to change my password but have been having trouble.

I managed to get an email to reset my password sent (the email was super delayed, as was making any other changes to my actual profile?) but after I logged in with the assigned password and went to the edit email/pw link in the CP, it forced me to sign back in but wouldn't accept my credentials. At first glance, it looked like I'd been completely logged out, but when I clicked the homepage, I was be back in. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or is it just me?

Are you a Facebook user? I am Facebook friends with the lady known here as Benisse. She is the last active Moderator on Dancing Lawn. Her actual name (if I'm not suffering a senior moment) is Linda. If you can contact here over there, she should be able to assist you here.

I hate to see TDL go; I still write sonnets here.

By the way, I can't contact Linda FOR you at present, because Facebook has me blocked from posting. They literally are censoring me for NO OTHER REASON than that I don't applaud the child molesters whom they adore. This is a fact-- and it is one reason why I want TDL to continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly at this point it'd probably be better if this site were shut down. It's a walking security hole and I don't think there's enough activity to justify endangering Paul's servers.

Thank you Copperfox for your response. I have e-mailed Pink-Cheetah to try to help her with her password question, so I have deleted my full name from your post for privacy reasons.

Pink-Cheetah -- Sorry for not responding to you sooner; I was out of town. I'm not sure I understand your sign in problem, but if you wish to change your password I can help with that. When I sign in, once I first input my name and password, typically I need to click on the counter-clockwise arrow symbol to refresh the page for my sign-in to work.
blessings, Benisse

Are you a Facebook user? I am Facebook friends with the lady known here as Benisse. She is the last active Moderator on Dancing Lawn. Her actual name (if I'm not suffering a senior moment) is Linda. If you can contact here over there, she should be able to assist you here.

I hate to see TDL go; I still write sonnets here.

By the way, I can't contact Linda FOR you at present, because Facebook has me blocked from posting. They literally are censoring me for NO OTHER REASON than that I don't applaud the child molesters whom they adore. This is a fact-- and it is one reason why I want TDL to continue.

Thank you Pardine for sharing your concern. I have messaged Paul about it.

Honestly at this point it'd probably be better if this site were shut down. It's a walking security hole and I don't think there's enough activity to justify endangering Paul's servers.

I just want to share something I really like about this site. I have been coming here for 15 years and I love the fact that the formatting has been the same the entire time! (I believe that is how you say it. Technology is not my strong suit.) It is so refreshing to have a fun website to come to that is not always changing appearances! I love the mint green background. I love the small but adequate selection of smiles and icons to choose from to add to posts. I like the variety of sections and topics among the forums. I think I am still a "friend of Narnia," which is cool. I am not a huge fun of change, something that is both inevitable and surrounds me. So I am happy to have a place that is comfortable and familiar to navigate. I just wanted to say thanks for making it easy. :cool:

Hey everyone!
I'm going to be making this forum look similar to the old vBulletin forum. It won't be exactly the same, but I'm bringing back the color scheme, and some of the graphics. It'll feel like home again soon.

We had to upgrade because vBulletin was no longer working properly, and was not going to get security updates anymore.

Back