The Nymph Who Captured His Heart

aw, Grace.. you got me all hapy.. i thought you were going to post the next part... :p well, i can wait..

lol ya same here....*waitinggggggggg*

*waits with everyone else* :D

this thread involves alot o' waiting.

it does....but its a cool club...THE WAITING CLUB!!

Thank you, my loyal waiting club! :D Your patience has been rewarded! I've got a post up, since I will be out of town until Thursday.

The technique of sword fighting was harder than I imagined it. Yes, my footwork was ‘stellar’, according to Peter and the others, but I’m sure my clumsiness showed through with the sword. It was so heavy!

“I think I’m done for the day,” I panted, dropping the sword to my side.

Peter nodded. “I’ll retire as well.” He stowed our swords away and told the others, “Nianna and I will retrieve some punch from the castle.” Grinning at me, he jerked his head in the direction of Cair Paravel.

Smiling, I strode beside him towards the beautifully crafted palace. The edge of the forest was beside us as well. I was sure that sweat was beaded on my forehead, though when I dabbed at it, nothing was wet. Thankful for that blessing, I walked with more confidence. My stomach was aflutter with Peter walking next to me, however. I couldn’t stop myself from blushing every time he glanced at me.

Once, I ventured to look back at him. “You’re sweaty!” I exclaimed, eyeing the dampness of his hair on his brow. Giggling, I flicked some moist hair from his eyes.

“Aw, be quiet,” Peter retorted playfully, smirking. He brushed a finger to my forehead. “And you, Miss. Nymph, are not in the least bit sweaty.” His finger trailed down the side of my face, making us both come to a halt.

My heart was pounding loudly. I cocked my head, smiling. “At least your finger’s not sweaty.”

Peter grinned a bit nervously. He seemed to regain his teasing manner when he commented, “My lips aren’t either.” Raising his eyebrows, he gazed at me pointedly.

“Hmm, I’m not so sure about that,” I told him, grazing my pinky finger against his bottom lip lightly. It was not out of the norm for nymphs to do this, after all. “You’re right. They’re not.”

It was then that I noticed how close we were. I was still trying to figure out how that exactly happened when his face drew even nearer to mine, so close that I could spot the darker flecks of color in his eyes.

His hand crept to my cheek and then with utmost care, he lowered his mouth to mine. Our lips were about to touch when—

There it was again. That flicker of silver chain mail. I jerked away, gasping, eyes wide. “Peter!” I whispered frantically, pointing in the direction of the shiny armor.

He spun around and spotted the intruder as well. “Stranger! Please halt and emerge from the forest where we can see you!”

The stranger’s chain mail was joined by at least a dozen more, but they ventured no closer to us. “As the High King of Narnia, I command you to show yourself!” Peter repeated, not rudely but firmly.

As if moving in unison, the chain-clad trespassers started to retreat. “Wait here,” Peter told me, running into the forest.

“No thank you,” I muttered under my breath, running after him.

In the forest I felt in my element again. Soon I had caught up with Peter and he did not protest. We sprinted and I motioned to him that I would pull further. “Don’t worry about me,” I assured him, pulling ahead.

He’d opened his mouth to protest, but before he could call out, I’d disappeared into the deep forest.

Thank you, my loyal waiting club! :D Your patience has been rewarded! I've got a post up, since I will be out of town until Thursday.

The technique of sword fighting was harder than I imagined it. Yes, my footwork was ‘stellar’, according to Peter and the others, but I’m sure my clumsiness showed through with the sword. It was so heavy!

“I think I’m done for the day,” I panted, dropping the sword to my side.

Peter nodded. “I’ll retire as well.” He stowed our swords away and told the others, “Nianna and I will retrieve some punch from the castle.” Grinning at me, he jerked his head in the direction of Cair Paravel.

Smiling, I strode beside him towards the beautifully crafted palace. The edge of the forest was beside us as well. I was sure that sweat was beaded on my forehead, though when I dabbed at it, nothing was wet. Thankful for that blessing, I walked with more confidence. My stomach was aflutter with Peter walking next to me, however. I couldn’t stop myself from blushing every time he glanced at me.

Once, I ventured to look back at him. “You’re sweaty!” I exclaimed, eyeing the dampness of his hair on his brow. Giggling, I flicked some moist hair from his eyes.

“Aw, be quiet,” Peter retorted playfully, smirking. He brushed a finger to my forehead. “And you, Miss. Nymph, are not in the least bit sweaty.” His finger trailed down the side of my face, making us both come to a halt.

My heart was pounding loudly. I cocked my head, smiling. “At least your finger’s not sweaty.”

Peter grinned a bit nervously. He seemed to regain his teasing manner when he commented, “My lips aren’t either.” Raising his eyebrows, he gazed at me pointedly.

“Hmm, I’m not so sure about that,” I told him, grazing my pinky finger against his bottom lip lightly. It was not out of the norm for nymphs to do this, after all. “You’re right. They’re not.”

It was then that I noticed how close we were. I was still trying to figure out how that exactly happened when his face drew even nearer to mine, so close that I could spot the darker flecks of color in his eyes.

His hand crept to my cheek and then with utmost care, he lowered his mouth to mine. Our lips were about to touch when—

There it was again. That flicker of silver chain mail. I jerked away, gasping, eyes wide. “Peter!” I whispered frantically, pointing in the direction of the shiny armor.

He spun around and spotted the intruder as well. “Stranger! Please halt and emerge from the forest where we can see you!”

The stranger’s chain mail was joined by at least a dozen more, but they ventured no closer to us. “As the High King of Narnia, I command you to show yourself!” Peter repeated, not rudely but firmly.

As if moving in unison, the chain-clad trespassers started to retreat. “Wait here,” Peter told me, running into the forest.

“No thank you,” I muttered under my breath, running after him.

In the forest I felt in my element again. Soon I had caught up with Peter and he did not protest. We sprinted and I motioned to him that I would pull further. “Don’t worry about me,” I assured him, pulling ahead.

He’d opened his mouth to protest, but before he could call out, I’d disappeared into the deep forest.

*dies* they din't kiss?? (asking from my grave btw)

:eek: OMG! they almost kissed! they will eventually right?

MORE MORE! :eek: its greaaatt Grace, stupendous. *waits anxiously for next post*

THEY DIDN'T KISS!!!!!!!

what is it with you authors and giving us a fake-out, almost kiss???

(you're not the first... *coughtesscough* ;) )

i likes the update, Grace! the best one yet, IMO.. :D

LOL! Great job, Grace. Sounds like you have many loyal fans!
It's funny... As I read this I was listening to the Narnia sountrack- the part where Lucy discovers the wood and lamppost. When they were about to kiss, the music was delicate and sweet, and then when the chain mail part came, the music changed to when Mr. Tumnus is darting around the trees, kind of dangerous and mysterious. I just had to laugh.

Twilight said:
“My lips aren’t either.”
Ha! What a classic line. :D Love it.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! that was soooo good!!! the whole almost-kiss part was great!!! (not that i didn't want them to kiss...i mean that you did great with the whole visualization and everything...and the line about his lips not being sweaty...lol)

and now i myself shall retire into the waiting group...

Pollywannabe:lol!
TrueNarnian:*shifty* Perhaps they will...
SpiritFox_94: Ha ha...well, I just got back home because I was out of town...I'm on an art high currently but I'll try to get some writing done.
TrueNarnian: According to one of the first few posts, I think this takes place five years or so after he's been crowned. In the books, he was crowned at age 13. So he's about 18 in this story. ;)
pink-cheetah: Ha ha, I know, it's sort of cliché, isn't it? But I couldn't resist!
loverble: *nods* :D
Kalakali: Ha ha, that's awesome! Music always adds such an element...and is funny when it goes right along with what you're reading!
*NarniaFreak*: Thanks! :)
TrueNarnian: *cries* Aww, that's great! I'm honored.
Alexandra Pevensie: Hee hee, I know what you mean. :)

Last edited:
Back