my paper..............

I have never tried to do this. But when you "post reply," there is a button for "Manage Attachment" below. If you have your paper in a text or zip file, maybe you could attach it that way? I am not sure.

If you have the capability to post something to the internet, you could just put the link in your post, also.

Good luck!

ok here is page one

Well, in the year 2001 something happened to the world that would change the movie world forever. The Lord of the Rings book was made into a one of the best films of all time. No one saw it coming. It hit the world like a volcano that has been asleep for many years. Now in a few months, another volcano, even bigger than the Tolkien volcano, is about to wake-up. You are thinking by now what can be better then TOLKIEN or LOTR??? What I’m talking about is C.S.LEWIS. He was a good friend of TOLKIEN, if it was not for C.S.LEWIS, LOTR would never have been made. Well, now some of you are not up-to-date with the literary world. Who is C.S. Lewis? Almost everyone in the world knows who TOLKIEN is but who is this C.S.LEWIS? The book people know C.S. LEWIS by is the Chronicles of Narnia. People say it’s only a kid’s book, but I don’t think that at all. Soon as the news came out that there was going to be a remake of the Chronicles of Narnia a lot of people were saying that it is going to be bigger than the LOTR movies and then some were saying this will be the fall of C.S.LEWIS. But what do they know? I don’t think that it will be the fall of C.S. LEWIS. I think it will be the uprising of C.S.LEWIS. Now after the last LOTR films in 2003 people were saying that the time of TOLKIEN was over but if you think about it, how long has it been out? Like 50+ years. THAT IS A LONG TIME. Ok, back to C.S.LEWIS. I have been a fan of C.S.LEWIS and of TOLKIEN ever since I could read. Well, every one of my friends is big-time fans of TOLKIEN or C.S.LEWIS or even both of them. Before we go any further, we need to go over the most important thing in C.S.LEWIS or TOLKIN books, the Christ- like theme in them. As we look forward to the upcoming big screen production there are a few key points in the book that we hope find their way into the motion picture. I am not talking about scenes or images that I can’t wait to see at the theater, but themes that bind not only this book but also all the Narnia books together. Themes like redemption and healing, brotherhood and the undying Good vs. Evil. C.S. Lewis was a deeply spiritual man, and being so he could not separate his spiritual ideas from his books. Ideas like a redeeming savior; however the literary idea of a redeeming savior is not a new idea. Any book can be a good one if it tugs on our heartstrings with a savior of man that has to die. However, the themes that propel the Narnia series past the rest of the literary world are not based upon just one savior, but more touching themes that hit us at home in our chairs reading it. If the motion picture can hold true to these, then it may also one day be a classic story just as the book has become. The most prominent of these themes, as it over arches the whole book is brotherhood. The brother that Edmond is, the brother he should be, and the brother he is to his sister, especially Lucy. All of the other themes fall into play under this one idea of brotherhood. The redemption he seeks from his family after his fall, the redemption given to him, and the Evil White Witch, choosing him to in act her planag ainstthe Good Aslan. The opening of the book finds the Pevensie children, playing hide and seek in their uncle’s house. Lucy stumbles into the magical land of Narnia first. After her comes Edmond, at this time they were the only two to have come to Narnia. At first when questioned about Narnia he denies

page two

ever being there showing Lucy to be a liar. When the evil witch tells him to bring his brothers and sister on his next visit, he finally comes clean with them. When they all are in Narnia they are befriended by a family of beavers and Edmond sneaks off to find the white witch. After betraying them many times and lying to his brother and sisters he finally finds his way back to the good side after a run in with Aslan. To find out whether or not the White Witch wins you will have to read the book or wait for the movie. Let’s take a look at this very short synopsis of Edmond. When we first meet him he is bad tempered from pretending. Next he is lying to his brother and sister: “Oh, yes, Lucy and I have been playing - pretending that all her story about a country in the wardrobe is true. Just for fun, of course. There’s nothing there really.” He wants to spite Lucy, and put on a show for his older siblings. Once they all got into Narnia and they found out Edmund was lying about the whole ordeal, aside from getting the cold shoulder from his siblings they marched on after a robin. They came to the beaver’s house. Edmund made his escape then to go to the white witch. All the while planning to be King and have Peter serve him. He doesn’t want them turned to stone. As for what the witch would do with the others, he didn’t want her to be particularly nice to them - certainly not to put them on the same level as him. His delusions didn’t end until people started to die and in the heat of the battle he finally turned on the witch and broke her wand. After his meeting with Aslan he was knighted and pardoned. We can track the journey from being a selfish, bad-tempered boy to a knight in Aslan’s court, a king at Cair Paravel, King Edmund the Just. With all this betrayal and deceit the other children still take him back, as a brother. This shows great character on their part. If the movie can portray the difference between Edmund and his siblings with the great art of characterization, then we are looking at a good movie. There is a lot that could be done in the upcoming motion picture, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and all of it could be great. I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high for this film, because the books were written by one of the greatest authors of this century and to transpose those to film would take someone like Peter Jackson. We can only hope for the best. However, if the motion picture can hold true to these themes and ideas, then it may also one day be a classic movie just as the book has become. Edmond takes his journey through evil to arrive with Aslan (God); his siblings still are able to forgive him after his betrayal, and the timeless idea of Good fighting Evil are just a small taste of the themes in this classic children’s story. If the movie can play out these ideas through acting and screenplay we are looking forward to one of the best pictures coming out December 05. I look forward to seeing the portrayal of Edmond and a tear jerking Lucy, Peter the high king and his Queen Susan, who should have a larger role than the other two but smaller then Edmonds. We can expect a somewhat open-ending to leave way for Susan to become the lady she turns out to be, and even Prince Caspian in the near future. Now we have chatted about some of the themes and people of Narnia so now we can move on. As you can see this book has Christ-like themes just like LOTR but I’m not here to tell you about LOTR, I’m here to tell you about Narnia and C.S.LEWIS, so here is something to think about in the next few months. How are the Narnia movies going to hit the world bigger than LOTR???? Over the next few months I think that a lot of people will say who this C.S.Lewis is and start

page three

to read his books. Maybe it will be like the wave of TOLKIEN that hit in 2000-2003. When the first film of LOTR comes out 10,000,000 books were sold in one week. Now that is a lot of books. I think I will end now. I could talk to you for days about Tolkien or C.S.LEWIS even LOTR and Narnia. If I kept on writing I think I would have too many pages. But, oh well, lets get back to C.S.LEWIS. We have chatted about Narnia but now we need to talk about the writer of Narnia which is C.S.LEWIS .Here is some info on C.S.LEWIS that not many people know he was a part of the inklings the inklings were a group of man that were whiting book some of the members of this club are J.R.R. TOLKIEN known best around the world for witling LORD OF THE RINGS and THE HOBBIT C.S.LEWIS bust know for is chronicles of Narnia there were five other members but I will not lest the here and they meet at a pub/bar in the back room to chat about there wittings, ok lets get back to Lewis he was born in Ireland in 1898 and then move to England later and there he meet Tolkien at oxford, now let move on I will come back to this subject at an later time ok now I think I need to talk to you about how Tolkien and C.S.Lewis were very good friends I rally say thing when up above so I will tell you now they were very good friends, some people say that C.S.Lewis took Tokens idea about lord of the rings because BOTH story have to dell with magic rings but I can tell you right now that he didn’t I know that for a fact ok back to the life of C.S.Lewis he and Tolkien were very strong Christian men, but they were so different from one other it is kind of ward because they were such good friends like they had different views on so much stuff but I won’t get into that right now let look back at what we have talk about so far, we have chanted about how the wave of Tolkien it the world in the year of 2001 and the defeat themes of the first book of Narnia and how Tolkien and C.S.Lewis were friends, now with that said we can move on more into this quest that we are taking now I think I want to get back to how TOLKIEN and C.S.Lewis were such good friends most of there lives and how they were Christians now most people don’t know that they were Christians will for those people who say that they were not will guess what THEY ARE, most Christians say how can it be a Christian book if it has wizards elves and orcs, magic rings those are the people who know nothing about Tolkien Lewis or even LOTR or Narnia and I have acutely meet some of those people and every one of them would ask me what about those wizards will I could go into a 5 hour diction with them or with just about wizards in middle-earth or even in Narnia but I want do that now, ok Tolkien has been a Christian his hole life but we ant talking about Tolkien now we are chatting about C.S.Lewis LEWIS didn’t become a Christian until he was in his 30’s he was a none god believer most of his life there again I could do a hole paper just on that. Ok back to what this paper is rally about C.S.Lewis now with the first film of the 7 Narnia books coming out in a few months. The wave that the C.S.Lewis volcano is going to hit the world just like the Tolkien wave did. Ok back to Lewis how he has a godly man there are at lot of Lewis fans and Tolkien fans that don’t know that they were Christians. That is steel a debate to this very day. Now Lewis was not a godly man all of his life he was a none believer of God. But when he was a kid he and his brother were very Sunday church goers. Until his mother died when he was nine years old that is when him and his bother were falling away from the church and there faith. I will come back

page4#

to this later. Now I want you to see the impact that Tolkien held on Lewis or the other way around. Now with the films coming up there will be an other whole group of fans that will add to the Lewis and Tolkien Enduring Legacy. Now some people say that LOTR is just a fab but just think about that for just one sec or too think about how long both books have been out I all really said that they have been out for like 50+ years that is one long fab to me don’t you think the same??. And then there are some people that hate LOTR and Narnia I even know some and guess what there Christians but I not go there the goal of the paper is not to make you mad if you are one of those people. This paper is goal is to let you see the deeper sides of Tolkien and of Lewis and the Christ-like themes in there books. Now I want to get back to Lewis and how he became a Christian after he was a none believer of God for so many years. Lewis said in an interview that if it was not for Tolkien. That Lewis mite has never become Christian again. Now I do think that in those next few moths that the properly of C.S.Lewis will grow very much then it all relay is. Now I want to tell you about what the big time fans of Lewis are saying online and in there clubs and I are one of them by the way. Now the first pace of info about re-making the Narnia film hit the online world the first part of 2005 most people said that it will not be good because who was making. O yes by the way I have not told you who is making it. It is the one the only DISNEY now I know what were think about know DISNEY why DISNEY will I don’t know why. How about new line or some like that but DISNEY will we all know that DISNEY can do by making a good story into a bad one. ok back to what the fans think about this most of the big time fans think that DISNEY want mass things up this time but on the other hand the big time fans say that it will be the down fall of C.S.Lewis and have him a bad name but it is still a wile until the movie comes out so I think we will just have to see what happens. Ok back to what this paper is about the best author of all time in my book C.S.Lewis beside the great and powerful TOLKIEN. Now I do think that it will be a good film if it can have those GOD like themes in them like we have talk about either in this paper. And so if they can do this movie will be bigger then LOTR and might even get more awards then LOTR I do hope so. Will like I said either in this paper doesn’t get your hopes up will for get that now that I think about it. Now back to Lewis once again hopefully this is the last time I go off the topic. Now I what to chatted about how Lewis and Tolkien have made an impact in the world. So that you can see how much they have done for the world. Now when I meet new fans of C.S.Lewis and of Tolkien that are Christians. By reading Tolkien books or C.S.Lewis books have any thing to do with you becoming Christian??? And more then have of them said yes. Now that is a great thing right there but here is some more. Ok then the lord of the rings books came out there was a big time hit. Like people say Gandalf for present and in sub-way wall said Frodo lives! Ok back to the up coming Narnia films. Here is a little info on Narnia films. Way back in the day made the first book Narnia into an movie but it did do good just like back in the day they triad to make an film of lord of the rings. And that did work out. But they re-made the LOTR books into a movie so maybe sinus they are going to re-make the Narnia film just may be they will do better this time just like they did with LOTR. We can only hope so that they do so. But then again we all know the history of DISNEY. But I think that DISNEY

and page five sorry for all the postsing but this is the lony way i colud post my paper...........

will not mass things up this time. The only thing I wish for is that Tolkien or C.S.Lewis cold have seen there books made into great films. Ok back to reality, I just get so chocked up some times then I talk about TOLKIEN OR LEWIS and there books. Or just go on and on about them. Now once again I want to look back at what we have talked about. Ok we have chatted about the defeat themes of C.S.Lewis and the themes of the books and movie, we have also chatted about how TOLKIEN and LEWIS have made an impact in the world and how that both of them were Christians and how their books have Christian themes in them. Ok now I think it is a good time to come to an end because if I do any more I might be able to stop. So here am me coulees in the next few moths we will her a lot about C.S.Lewis the day of the movie comes out. But here is some things that you can re-search or think about for the next few moths how will the Narnia film betrayed by the world will it be bigger then LOTR win more awards in LOTR or no awards at all will it have an impart on the world like LOTR did and still does to this very day or will it not have an impart on the world at all. We will just have to see how things go over in these next few moths. Will that’s all for now thinking you for your time for listing to what have to say. Oh one more thing is for I go long live the SPIRIT OF C.S.LEWIS and TOLKIEN and there books.

I can't help it

ATG, I am a writer and editor by profession, so I cannot help trying to clean up everyone's work. Your ideas here are grand, and you just need some organization. If I were editing this for you, I would divide it up into categories:

1. CS Lewis -- who is he, how did he become a Christian, what was his relationship with Tolkien

2. Chronicles of Narnia -- what are they, how do they relate to LOTR

3. LWW -- here is where you put your ideas on Edmund's redemption, Christian theme, brotherhood, etc. which were all good

4. LWW the film -- you can make your predictions for the movie here and offer your comparisons to LOTR (please note Disney is not making the LWW film, it is being made by Walden media and distributed by Disney)

Just make these four categories, then go through your paper and every place you address one of these themes, copy it and drop it into that cetegory. Then eliminate anything repetitious, make nice transitions, and you will have a clear paper without so much of the "but that's not what I want to talk about here..." business.

INky again!

I like your ideas, except I think you are not fairly judging Walden Media and Andrew Adamson. Peter Jackson is not the only director who could do CON justice.

I think Jackson and Adamson are NZ buddies, just as Tolkien and Lewis were UK buddies, and we may see some of the same brilliance crossing the lines in the films just as they did in the books.

Back