Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Starbuck Chronicles

• The Grail Quest Chronicles

• The Sharpe Series

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
You should be able to do this as the creator of the thread; I definitely can as a mod - but there's a link to the upper right of the poll results named "Edit Poll". You can add poll components and even adjust the counts.

Sharpe was kind of a landbound Horatio Hornblower, and I enjoyed it. I haven't liked all of Cornwell's books in the same manner, but I did like Sharpe. Didn't he also write a series about some English troops in France in the Agincourt days?

Well, that one about the archers in France, and the Civil War series, and a couple of others. I find Cornwell can get a bit nihilistic - a trait that Alexander Kent shares - so sometimes his stories drag me down a bit. Sharpe didn't, at least not much.

Well, that one about the archers in France, and the Civil War series, and a couple of others. I find Cornwell can get a bit nihilistic - a trait that Alexander Kent shares - so sometimes his stories drag me down a bit. Sharpe didn't, at least not much.

You didnt like the one about Thomas of Hookton???
Did you like the series about Uhtred (the saxon chronicles?)

I don't think I've ever read them. Maybe I should look them up. When are they set? About the time of the Saxon invasion of England?

I don't think I've ever read them. Maybe I should look them up. When are they set? About the time of the Saxon invasion of England?

They are set in the year Alfred of wessex was on the throne and its describing the times of when England was being invaded by Danes...
Its a reli good series I highly recommend them :D

Back