Twilight * Official Twilight Thread * All Twilight Discussion here

The trailer for the Hunger Games that showed before BD makes me want to watch the movie. I've been "meh" about it because of the white-washing. But that scene where the heroine volunteers to take her sister's place really, really touched my heart.

Another one of Stephanie Meyer's books The Host is going to be adapted into a movie. I hope it looks promising and spot on for the book. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn Part 2. I am also looking forward to the Breaking Dawn Part 1 movie companion out on the 12th or 13th. Team Twilight, Vampires and Stephenie all the way!

Well, I haven't read the novels, but I have watched all the movies. The first two film, "Twilight" and "New Moon", are for me too boring, they are focused in a tender couple of "teens". "Eclipse" for me was more interesting, because of vampires' stories and tribe's myths. It also has more action and the Vultures are involved specially. The first part of "Breaking Down" was normal, maybe better than the first film and worse than the third, for me.

I really enjoyed the Folklore of vampires and werewolves in eclipse. Breaking Dawn has some cool parts in it. I enjoyed reading about Bella's first hunt and how she almost killed humans and it took a lot for her to hold back. I know there not the best books written, but I still enjoy them.

I think the idea of Twilight is good, in a "Oooooh, sparkly vampires!" And I did like the way that she incorporated the myths and tribal stories into it. But I can't bring myself to be thrilled with the series. I think the movies fell flat as well. But that might just be because I really dislike Kristen Stewart...

Kristen Stewart wasn't everyone's vision of Bella when reading the books. Including mine. I enjoy the movies, and I have grown used to who they cast, but they will never be how I imagined the characters in the books to be. The Host is such a fantastic book. It's better plotted than all of the Twilight books. Wanderer aka Wanda and Melanie is a brilliant character.

I read the books when they first came out before they were popular and I enjoyed them. Not in a "wow, best books ever written" sort of way but as fun escapism. I'm a sap for angsty romance so they were right up my alley. I was 100% Team Jacob, he was awesome.

I still like them secretly but the films and the amount of hate and obsession generated by other readers makes me rarely mention them to anyone. :eek:

I loved The Host, too, more than Twilight actually. I just hope the film is better than the Twilight ones were.

I read the books when they first came out before they were popular and I enjoyed them. Not in a "wow, best books ever written" sort of way but as fun escapism. I'm a sap for angsty romance so they were right up my alley. I was 100% Team Jacob, he was awesome.

I still like them secretly but the films and the amount of hate and obsession generated by other readers makes me rarely mention them to anyone. :eek:

I loved The Host, too, more than Twilight actually. I just hope the film is better than the Twilight ones were.

Me too! The Host is just a fantastic escapism, and beautiful written and structed Fantasy/Sci-Fi novel. The Twilight Saga has gotten some flack, and I agree with you about being "Wow, best books ever written" comment. They are enjoyable, but there are hundreds of thousands of books and series that are written so much better. But they do bring a different angle to the vampire/werwolf folklore.

Ditto. I love the way she brought the legends of vampyrs and werewolves into a modern-day setting, and since I usually dislike both I was surprised by how much she made me like them.:cool:

I saw new pictures today from Breaking Dawn Part 2 of Bella as a vampire. Let me say that I am disappointed. She looks nothing like a vampire should, and her hair is awful. Kristen wasn't much of Bella to me at all, but they atleast could make her more spectacular looking for the role. I hope the image is just that and they do something to make her look more beyond beautiful and vampirish.

I saw new pictures today from Breaking Dawn Part 2 of Bella as a vampire. Let me say that I am disappointed. She looks nothing like a vampire should, and her hair is awful. Kristen wasn't much of Bella to me at all, but they atleast could make her more spectacular looking for the role. I hope the image is just that and they do something to make her look more beyond beautiful and vampirish.

I agree. She just looks like a pale person.

I'm glad that you agree. From what I saw it's not going to be as good as part 1. Then again the ending of the book wasn't all that great, either. I won't fully judge the movie until I see it in it's entirety.

I was always confused by the fact that in the movies, Kristen Stewart has appeared just as pale (if not PALER) than the actual vampires. So the images of her in BDP2 aren't really all that groundbreaking, in my opinion.

I was always confused by the fact that in the movies, Kristen Stewart has appeared just as pale (if not PALER) than the actual vampires. So the images of her in BDP2 aren't really all that groundbreaking, in my opinion.

I totally agree, because in the book she becomes so much more beautiful when she is a vampire, and has shining gleam to her in the book, but it doesn't look like it in the trailer and a lot of the acting seems weak.

I liked them ......out of the books I liked the 1st book....twilight the best......but I did like the ending in the movie breaking dawn 2 better than the way it ended in the book .

Back