For the Love of the Tree

How do you feel about Lossy's Treeness?

• Total voters
Fine, fine, I'll be politically correct. I cannot say, "The squirrels are evil," because that is making a judgment about the squirrels' character based on their behavior, which is unacceptable. I must rather say, "The squirrels are evil to me," thereby continuing to think well of the squirrels while disapproving of their behavior.

(Or is "evil" an evil word, too? Should I substitute "painful" instead?)

Last edited:
"Evil" is a weighted word. It carries unacceptable connotations of an objective, bad reality. Say rather "I do not like..." Your feelings on the matter are all we are considering here. Make that clear.

(Incidentally, I wasn't even thinking about PC problems to begin with...I was just thinking that some of us might not agree that anything that attacks another of us is therefore evil. But you are right to catch this...er...error.);)

n19opv.jpg

Fine, fine, I'll be politically correct. I cannot they, "The squirrels are evil," because that is making a judgment about the squirrels' character based on their behavior, which is unacceptable. I must rather say, "The squirrels are evil to me," thereby continuing to think well of the squirrels while disapproving of their behavior.

(Or is "evil" an evil word, too? Should I substitute "painful" instead?)

Got a lithp today, Gwenburne?

Yeth. Leave me alone, I want to go to thleep. (It was two minutes before I had to leave for class, okay? No time to proofread. *sigh* *glare*)

I noticed it as well, and couldn't help exulting that Glenburne, Queen of the Spelling Police, is also a fallible human being... :D

*pouth* 10 thingy

EDIT: It just occurred to me that "pouth," with a lisp, is very close to "pouteth." I wonder, did all the Elizabethans...? *evil grin*

*whacks Sopes with branch*

*poles Lolosaurus in the eye*

*drops pine-cone on D*

*scratches amd with piney-needles*

And Glen?

*sends evil squirrels after Glen*

(Oh yes, they're evil. Has anyone ever met good squirrels? :rolleyes:)

And that, my friends, was for accusing me of being a tree. :mad:

And me? *looks innocent* *very innocent* Um, Mike, you like squirrels, don't you? Here--here they are. Meet them. *hides behind Mike*

And me? *looks innocent* *very innocent* Um, Mike, you like squirrels, don't you? Here--here they are. Meet them. *hides behind Mike*

I despise squirrels. Glozelle! Exterminate these squirrels now!

Glozelle: But they're so furry and cute! Look at that one with the little stripe. I think he likes me!

NOW, Glozie!

Glozelle: ...Fine. *storms off to exterminate squirrels*

*squirrels bite Glozie*

Glozie: *ear-splitting scream*

Me: :rolleyes: Next time I'm calling Caspian... after all, he knows how to deal with Pattertwig.

*whacks Sopes with branch*

*poles Lolosaurus in the eye*

*drops pine-cone on D*

*scratches amd with piney-needles*

And Glen?

*sends evil squirrels after Glen*

(Oh yes, they're evil. Has anyone ever met good squirrels? :rolleyes:)

And that, my friends, was for accusing me of being a tree. :mad:
I would really just like to point out that only one thing has branches, piney-needles, pine-cones, and squirrels...and that would be...well...we all know...

So by utilizing these methods of retaliation, you have really just proved the point yourself.

That is all.

Yes, exactly, LoL. ;) Lossy's subconscious is aware that she is a tree, and her Treeness comes out through her actions, whether she likes it or not.

Back