The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

Welcome, I'm new too. I love lotr more than narnia. because i've been a fan longer. but i actually read the chronicles of narnia before i read the lotr trilogy. I've read the lotr trilogy atleast...6 or 7 times. the silmarillion, the unfinished tales , and the chronicles of narnia only 2 times. The lotr movies were great but they didn't stick as close to the book as the chronicles of narnia did in the new movie.

Between_the_Worlds you have a very nice website, i like the layout.

Lord of the Rings, yes yes...I love it! I have not a Lotr fan as long as a Narnia fan, but from day to day I wish I was in either Narnia or Middle Earth rather than this place. I find myself to be alike in many ways to Eowyn and wishing to be like Arwen as well. Indeed I do love them both greatly and read them both in my spare time!

Lord of the rings, in my opinion is a bit more deep and complicated. And Tolkien goes into TOO much description BUT The story ALWAYS has a special place in my heart.
I have brothers who are SO much like the characters and being raised with 5 men in the house I tend to be strong willed like Eowyn.
Yes, I love BOTH LOTR and Narnia!!!
What can I say, fantasy worlds are a good escape from crushing reality.

Well I did read Narnia before I found out about LotR. but I think I have to say I like LotR better. There's something about it that I prefer. although I love Narnia!
I've read the books a couple times but heard them even more :)
I've read the Hobbit several times and The Silmarillion once. I love Tolkien's other books too

Major Lord of the Rings fan here. I actually haven't read the books, but I really want to, there's just so many other books I have to read (school). :rolleyes: Now the movies, that's a different story. ;) I have to watch them at least once a month. When it starts to get over 30 days since I've seen them, no matter what I'm doing, how busy I am, or whether watching them is a ridiculous notion at the time, I MUST watch them (always in order). Sometimes I just listen to them because I pretty much have it all memorized anyway. Gandalf is the best. And Pippin just makes me smile. :)

-Anna Kate

Anna the Witty said:
When it starts to get over 30 days since I've seen them, no matter what I'm doing, how busy I am, or whether watching them is a ridiculous notion at the time, I MUST watch them (always in order).
So when you read the books, do you think you'll see the actors who played the characters, or from your own imagination? I think the answer's obvious: the actors. Will that hurt your appreciation at all? Probably not in the case of Gandalf, because Ian did such a bang-up job. But I think you'll find that the Hobbits have a lot more to them than got carried over into the movies.

I love them more than any movie, and the books are my favorite books as well. I suppose as far as the movies go, it depends on what you're expecting, and what your tastes in movies are. Some people really hate the actor who play's Frodo, and so dislike the movies. He's not my favorite, but I love the rest of them so much, and I've loved the story for almost as long as I can remember being interested in fantasy, so I could hardly dislike the movie, and I thought they were all totally awesome, and had really great acting and music, and costumes, and sets and props, and pretty much everything. I do have some problems with the movies, but I like to look at what I love about them rather than what I dislike.

Last edited:
Back