All Seven Films To Be Made?

Rhindon

A spy sent in this report to a Narnia website.

Walking into the Christian Source in the Woodlands Mall, I noticed a display of Narnia books. Three very familiar pieces of artwork drew my attention. All three were printed on a computer printer. The top one was the Disney ad that appeared in a newspaper a few months ago. The second and third one appeared to have come directly from NarniaWeb’s multimedia section. I talked to a lady at the bookstore and she said that they got all three pieces off of the internet. She was not completely certain where they came from. I also asked her if she knew if the books would be re-released before the movie. The books will be out sometime next fall with covers from the movie. She also said that it would take fifteen years for all seven movies to be made.

UPDATE: The employee’s source is from Zondervan and Harper Collins. Also, the employee said that as of right now, they plan on doing all seven movies if all goes well.

If this is true, it sure would be great.

how could they make some of those into movies? a couple of the books are so short. perhaps they would have enough filler information or something. i would love it if they would make one for each book! (if they did it right)

I think this rumour is probably false. But still, it is neat to think of all seven films being made. Then again, they can always do other things to get cover art for the other books. They did the same thing for Lord of the Rings card game.
12657.jpg

I think that they will make all seven, because otherwise the story will be incomplete. The creation to the destruction of the world of Narnia. Yes, they are making LWW first, but i'm sure they'll be able to make a good connection with the movies.

I was reading an article a few days ago that mentioned the CoN film series, but it said they would only be making 5. I'm not 100% sure i read it correctly, but i shall try to re-find it and post!

I imagine that if LWW is a hit, theyll continue to make more. It was an obvious choice to start with, though.

oh! just remembered- in an interview with JAmes McCavoy (tumnus) he mentioned that a sefcond film - PC possibly was already in pre-production- i shall check this to be sure!

I read that they have started work on the script (for PC), which they will use if LWW turns out well.

Money equals sequels

I am in total agreement with those who bet on the success in order for the production of more movies. While i am sure that the more optimistic of hollywood have several scripts already in production, the people behind the money want to make sure they get a profit. If LWW flops (which is very unlikely) then I would tend to believe that is it for a long time with the chronicles. However I am betting that the publicity and success of the LOTR will ultimately bring the same success to LWW and the rest.

You know, I could really see them doing LWW, PC, VODT, SC, and TLB. I think it'd be neat if they went back years later to do HHB, Characters like the Pevensies would've grown up for their small roles in that one. (though if that's the case, they would obviously be different actors than the grown Pevensies in LWW.Tha'd be interesting to see pulled off) And then they could go do TMN at a later date as well. It really works well as a stand-alone and would make sense if a release date of it were set off by a number of years.

On a personal note: I would *love* to see Charn! I just think that would be an awesome spectacle. Not to mention the creation of Narnia and the flight on Fledge. HHB would have some good eyecandy moments as well: the tombs, Tashbaan, the battle etc.

oh yeah. Charn, would be amazing! as would the part with Fledge. and the creation of Narnia! and Tashbaan in HHB, and the battle..... and.... oooo.... i'm getting so excited!

I know, I know...
that would rock SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I just hope Disney doesn't mess it up. But the special effects should be great!!!! Man, this is going to rock! (SO excited) If the battles are anything like the lord of the rings I'm going to love this! The White witch (Jadis) is going to be sweet as well. The talking animals and the creatures like the niads, driads, unicords, dwarves, specters, hags, warewolves, giants and all the countless others... SOOO sweet, SOOO sweet. Oh man, I can't wait until December 9th.

Is anyone else worried that Disney is producing? Don't get me wrong Disney has done some great work, but I wonder how Disney is going to handle Lewis's obvious allegories to Christianity.

I have a feeling that has been discussed before, SDG (welcome, by the way! :)), but I don't remember where. So I'll answer your question as well as I can.
After seeing the impact (both financial and sociological) of the movie "The Passion of the Christ," I don't think Hollywood, including Disney, is going to take the Christian audience for granted again. To learn more about how Disney is dealing with this, you might want to read this:
http://www.narniafans.com/?id=170
I think they are on the right track. ;)

Man, that is very disturbing. I think I'll post that link in the books forum and see if anyone else has anything to say about it...

Last edited:
Back