The Duffer FAQ

holyboy

Retired Purplemite
Royal Guard
Emeritus
The Duffer FAQ​

It has finally arrived. This FAQ is to help you members become what it takes to be a funny, witty, and most importantly, a well-liked Duffer.

Q: What is a Duffer?

A: A Duffer is a term used in the narniafans forums. It originated through the Land of Duffers, where the funny members would post there and (basically) spam. Duffer is used to describe members who are especially funny and are able to light up the member's day (or at least, I hope so.)

Q: Who are the current Duffers?

A: There are too many to name. And there are bigger Duffers then others. However, Black Cloak (BC) is the winner of the Duffer Award. Yay.

Q: Are YOU a Duffer?

A: No. I'm the devil reincarnated. I am here to suck your blood.

Q: How do you Duffers think of those funny comments?

A: Each Duffer has a different style. Black Cloak posts the first thing at the top of her head. My best jokes are developed when I spend time fixing it up (and editing it several times.) until it is perfect. You have to find the style that is best for you, and experiment a bit in the process.

Q: Here's the thing. I am not funny. Can we copy you?

A: We are very flattered that you would consider reusing our jokes. But to become a true Duffer, you must develop your own style of funniness. I never thought I was funny, but when I started posting here, I developed a knack for posting funny comments. When you use your own jokes, you will be remembered by all (or at least by me) for those jokes.

Q: Are Duffers spammers?

A: Depends on who you ask. I personally think most Duffers tend to spam, but others are able to be funny without posting pages of nonsense.

Q: Do I need to spam to become a Duffer?

A: PLEASE don't spam. Though sometimes funny, it can get annoying for those members who wake up in the mourning and find a topic with 5 pages of nonsense. Plus, I'm told the mods don't like it.

Q: But I see you spam all the time you hypocrite!

A: Yes, and I get in trouble for it.

Q: OK, so we can't spam. But the other rules don't apply to us, right?

A: *Bursts out laughing* No, all the rules still apply to you.

Q: OK, I have read the rules. So can I be a Duffer anywhere?

A: No. You do have some restrictions. You can only post Duffer comments here (but making an occasional joke while posting a valid comment is acceptable in other forums.) However, some Dufferish threads will pop up in other forums ("OK I'm Here. Where's Mr. Tumnus?" Is a good example) but generally Duffer activity stays in the Land of Duffers

Q: Does being a Duffer mean I can't be a mod?

A: That cannot be farther from the truth. Waterhogboy and GrayCloak (though they will probably deny it) are semi-Duffers, and they became mods during the summer. Just don't spam, follow the rules, be helpful, and you may be a mod.

Q: Can you train me?

A: No. I have no time, energy, or time to train every member. Instead, look at some of the posts in Corrupt a Wish or Glorious Food for examples of Duffer posts.

Q: Pretty Please With a Cherry on Top?

A: No.

Comments, suggestions on other questions to add, and BC "posting" are always welcome!

EDIT: I wrote this before I became a mod, but I still stand by it.

Last edited:
Corrupt a wish game is a very good place to seek out how to be a duffer...it was where I first got a touch of randomness, of a mob might come and chase you out of town...

Gotta love the duffers... :D 'Tis my fervent aspiration to become a (semi) duffer one day... Alas... Methinks that I'm just an awkward combination of Doctor Darkness and Doom / The irritating smelly child sat at the back taking the mick out of WHB (and being beaten up by said WHB.) :(

you dont just become one of the duffers, you have to believe your one of them. also, the biggest duffer there ever was is strong bad. everyone who knows about him can testify, he's strange and completely random. making him the king of duffers. but he's not on the forum, he's on homestarrunner.com

Gryphon said:
you dont just become one of the duffers, you have to believe your one of them.

I don't know...I don't believe I'm one of them...but everyone else seems to be of the opinion that I am... :( :mad:

:D

:rolleyes: You're being influenced by BC. She's been buttering people up lately too.

:p

Oh?

black cloak said:
^ is nice not mean at alll

Dead Rain said:
^Is, I believe to be, buttering me up for some unknown purpose and plot. Was born and raised in the Land of the Duffers, yet has two feet and only one mouth. ;-)

black cloak said:
^posts at the perfect time

Dernhelm said:
^ Is buttering up again. ;)

...And I think you did it to Inkspot too.

:D

Well, because this thread has been without me for so long. and i havn't been mention (i don't beileve) i must spam.. so... I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

sry hb. had to do it.

I do not feel like typing alot again, so i will just quote myself from last time..

legolas said:
Well, because this thread has been without me for so long. and i havn't been mention (i don't beileve) i must spam.. so... I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

sry hb. had to do it.

Back