The Hunger Games: Books/Movies

Like you guys, I am less concerned with who is directing it as opposed to them being true to the material. I was unhappy with some of the material they cut out of The Hunger Games, even though most of it was "stupid".

Edit: Stupid as in the things were minor and not huge details.

Last edited:
You want to know what my first thought was when I read this? "Hmmm.. I wonder if Francis Lawrence is in any way related to Jennifer Lawrence?"

I am gonna go find out!

I was wondering that earlier this morning. I just forgot to look it up lol. Thanks for letting us know. We can hope and pray that they stick faithful to the books, and please us fans. I don't want it to be like Harry Potter where the first two were good, the third one alright and then 4 and 5 not being good or faithful at all. The 6th movie was closer to the book, but still switched things around. The two parts of moive 7 were ok, but Voldemort doesn't turn to Vapor. Let's just hope things don't get messed up with the final two adaptations for these fantastic books.

Last edited:
Okay, it says online a lot of places that he is NOT related in any way. I now think that it is a funny coincidence!

Francis Lawrence is from Austria, so that makes sense considering that Jennifer Lawrence is from Kentucky. I don't find it funny at all really...it's just a name.

@Lady Chloe: I don't think anything in the book was too minor to be left out. Yes, there are things you have to change for the sake of a film, but they had ample opportunity to have Katniss not only narrate, but fill in dead space with book details!

It would've been cool to hear Katniss narrate. If I'm not mistaken, I also noticed they changed the Clove death from how it was in the book. I read an interview online where that her death was going to be more gruesome where Thresh actually split her skull open, and you got to see the blood dripping out of her head. They changed it, because they thought it too gruesome to include. I would really love a director's cut for the film, and maybe they could put that scene in there lol;):D.

Personally I'm fine with not showing her head split open...that's a little over the top. I'd have to re-read that section in the book to be sure, but I never got the impression that Thresh slammed her against the wall hard enough to cause that kind of damage.

Just READING that part in the book gave me serious chills. Seeing it onscreen would be a little too much for me.

Personally I'm fine with not showing her head split open...that's a little over the top. I'd have to re-read that section in the book to be sure, but I never got the impression that Thresh slammed her against the wall hard enough to cause that kind of damage.

I don't know if he did either. It would've put more into her death if they added it that way. I feel sometimes they should release two versions of the film on dvd for some films, like they do with others. We could have the PG-13 version and an unrated version all on one disc or combo pack. Then those of us who want to see the scene like that could. I know some Sci-Fi/Fantasy films did that like SuckerPunch and Cowboys and Aliens.

The Hunger Games movie adaption

Okay, you guys! I have seen this movie already like a million times! And my memory is almost photographic. I don't know how, but it seems to always remember every detail from a movie that I loved! So I am writing the movie adaption of The Hunger Games. I will be postin it here, but WARNING!! If you want to watch the movie first, don't read this! because it is the movie in book form!!!!! I have also decided to edit out the few swear words with their mild forms! Hope you like it!

Prologue​
From the Treaty of the Treason:
In penance for their uprising,
each district shall offer up
a male and female between the ages of
12 and 18 at a public "Reaping."
These tributes shall be delivered
to the custody of the Capitol.
And then transferred to a public arena
where they will Fight to the Death,
until a lone victor remains.
Henceforth and forevermore
this pageant shall be known as
The Hunger Games.
A man with blue hair that matched his suit was on stage with another man. He had a clean shaven face and held a packet of paper in his lap while he sat in a white dish chair facing another man.
The man he was with had a very intriguing design cut into his facial hair which was a slicked black color that matched the hair on his head. He was wearing a black suit with a red collared shirt underneath. The first man, named Caesar Flickerman, was interviewing the second.
"I think it's our tradition," The second man said. "It's comes out of a particularly painful part of our history."
Caesar nodded his head in aggreement and glanced toward the audience before looking back to his guest, Seneca Crane.
"But, it's been the way we've been able to heal." Seneca continued. "At first, it was a reminder of the rebellion. A price the districts had to pay. But I think it has grown from that." He looked out at the crowd. "I think it's, uh, it's something that knits us all together." As he spoke he interlaced his fingers and held them toward the audience who responded with applause.
Caesar looked out at the crowd while formulating his next question. "This is your third year as Gamemaker," he said, turning attention back to Seneca, "What defines your personal signature?"...

* * * * * *​

Last edited:
Interesting, but I'd be really careful...studios don't like it when unauthorized people try to write copyrighted material. Not saying not to proceed, but to be careful. This borders on infringing with copyright issues.

Just READING that part in the book gave me serious chills. Seeing it onscreen would be a little too much for me.

Agreed. I don't have to see blood to be affected by something. I mean, every time Rue dies in the film, there is an audible gasp, and then dead silence that follows. Each and every single time. The audience doesn't make a sound during that whole episode. I dunno if anyone else had this experience when seeing it, but the two times I saw it, you could've heard a pin drop in that theater.

Interesting, but I'd be really careful...studios don't like it when unauthorized people try to write copyrighted material. Not saying not to proceed, but to be careful. This borders on infringing with copyright issues.

Thanks. I don't think I can get in trouble, though. I am just rewriting the movie in my words. And I am trying to remember all the dialogue, which I think I can do pretty well. But if somone from the studio tells me to stop writing, then I will. But what I am doing right now can't really get me in trouble! Thanks for your concern! :D

Chapter one!!!!

Chapter One​

Deep in the heart of a territory known simply as District 12, a young girl was woken from her sleep by terrifying nightmares. "Nooooooooo!" she screamed.
"Shhh, shhh." Her older sister was there beside her, holding her tight. "It's okay, it's okay. They're just dreams." She rocked her little sister gently as she stroked her dark blond hair. "They're dreams."
"It was me." The little girl sobbed into her sister's chest. She had her eyes closed, trying to shut out the awful visions that had been tormenting her recently.
"No. No it's not." The older sister tried to assure her. "Trust me. It's your first year, Prim, your name's only been in there once. They're not gonna pick you." She said this out loud so it would have just as much affect on herself as well as her little sister. "Shhh, just go to sleep."
Prim hugged her big sister tighter. "I can't ." She continued to breathe heavily and the tears of fear escaped slowly down her face.
"Just try." Her sister whispered softly. "Just try."
Prim slowly peeled herself away from the warmth of her sister's body and leaned her head up to whisper a request in her ear. Her sister looked into Prim's frightened little face and nodded her head with a soft smile. As Prim lay back down, the older girl began to stroke her hair gently. Then she started to sing a sweet melody.
"Deep in the meadow, under the willow, " At this point, Prim smiled and began to sing with her sister. "A bed of grass, a soft green pillow." Her sister stopped singing and gently smiled. "You remember that song?" She leaned down to kiss Prim's forehead. "I gotta go somewhere."
Prim looked up curiously. "Where?"
"I just gotta go." That was the only reply her sister would give. She walked down the stairs in their small, semi - rundown house and removed her leather jacket from a hook in the kitchen. While she put it on, a black cat with green eyes and a white stripe across it's nose and lip hissed at her. "Meeoooowww!" the cat complained.
The girl, obviously annoyed, glared at the cat. "I'll still cook you." She threatened as she went out the back door.
As she jogged through her small village, the girl took inher surroundings for the millionth time. People whose cheeks were hollow stared out broken windows. Children played quietly in the mud with sticks, and dusty coal miners walked the path through the middle of the village with tin pails swinging by their sides. They all looked exhausted. But, that's how things were in District 12. This was the mining district, and people never had very much out here.
The girl continued jogging out of the village and across the top of what used to be a large, concrete dam. It didn't serve very much purpose anymore. She came to a wore fence with a big red and white sign on it that read: 'DISTRICT BOUNDARY: NO ACCES BEYOND THIS POINT'. There was another sign that had a lightning bolt on it and read: 'HIGH VOLTAGE'. It was supposed to be an electric fence, but it was almost never turned on. Slipping through the fence, the girl crossed a meadow and entered the woods.
She carefully made her way to a fallen tree that the animals had hollowed out. Here was the place she kept her homemade bow. A tree just a few paces away stored her quiver of arrows. If she had kept them at home, they would be confiscated and she would be arrested for sure. Here was safe because nobody ever bothered with the woods. They were off limits, after all.
Stringing her bow with an arrow, she carefully made her way across a fallen tree that made a perfect bridge across a creek. Kepping the bow pointed toward the ground, she quiety stopped and listened for anything. The slightest movement through the trees caught her well trained hunter's eye. A deer, and it was just right there! She hadn't seen a deer in forever, and this one wouldd certainly feed her family for a while. Or it would bring a good price in the hob, District 12's black market.
Slowly, the hunter raised her bow and aimed at the deer. It was still a fair distance away, but she was confident she could hit it. A slight breeze picked up and the deer suddenly caught the girl's scent. It darted away with incredible agility. The girl lowered her bow, silently fuming for waiting so long. She then crumpled a handful of leaves between her fingers to see which way the wind blew them, and took off quietly after the deer.
It took a while, and she finally thought she had lost it. So she picked up a small rock and used her bow as a slingshot, bouncing the stone off of a nearby tree. This frightened the deer out and the girl once again had a target.
She carefully aimed at the now unsuspecting creature. Breathing deep then letting it out. Almost ready.
"What were you gonna do with that after you killed it?!" A voice from somewhere behind her called.
Startled, the girl spun around for half a second before realizing that the unwelcome visitor would scare away her prey. She turned back quickly, saw the deer beginning to retreat, and loosed her arrow. It missed. The deer got away unscathed.
Furious at the carelessness of her newest arrival, the girl spun on her heel and yelled, "Dang you, Gale!"
A tall boy with dark hair and a boyish grin, came down the small embankment from where he had been watching. He was thin but muscly, wearing dark trousers with a blue long sleeved shirt, except the sleeves were pushed up to his elbows. On top of the shirt was a dark vest with a pocket. he was attractive and looked pleased.
"It's not funny!" The girl ranted. She was angry at him.
"What were you gonna do with a hundred pound deer, Catnip?" Gale asked. Catnip was his nickname for the girl. The first time they had met, she mumbled her name, Katniss, so Gale thought she had said her name was Catnip. Now, he never let it go. "It's reaping day! The place is gonna be crawling with Peacekeepers."
"I was gonna sell it!" She said as he reached over her shoulder and removed her arrows. "To the Peacekeepers." Katniss jerked her arrows back away from Gale. Why did he have to be so annoying sometimes?
"Oh, of course you were." Gale said sarcastically.
Katniss rolled her eyes at him. "Like you don't sell to Peacekeepers." She retorted as she put her arrows back in their sheath.
"No!" Gale grinned. "Not today!"
Katniss had to aggree with him in her mind. It would be suicide to try and sell on a day when extra Peacekeepers were going to be in the district. It still didn't make her feel any better about losing the kill. "That's the first deer I've seen in a year. Now I have nothing." She sulked as she restrung her bow.
"Yeah?" Gale took a few steps away, then picked up a small stone. He launched it into the trees, frightening a flock of birds. Katniss immediately took aim and shot one down. The mood lightened and she and Gale both laughed lightly.
Then, a strange noise came from overhead. It was the sound of a strong wind along with a loud humming. Gale and Katniss searched the treetops, knowing what was causing it. A hovercraft from the Capitol. As soon as they saw it, the two friends ran for cover behind some bushes. They stared up at it cautiously. The large, ominous transport was bringing in loads of Peacekeepers and other things for the reaping that afternoon. They waited until it had passed before coming out again.

* * * * * * * * * *​

I never said it had to be blood. Its just for the sequence of the characters death. That part when Rue died was highly emotional, and I cried in the movie seeing it, as I did while reading it in the book.

Sorry about the first chapter post being sooooo long. I didn't realize it was that long. I will try to post shorter entries so it is easier to read. However, this week I will be really busy working on my house with my family. I will not be posting a whole bunch, but I will try to get a few more parts up for you!

Chapter two
A tall, pale woman with short whitish blond hair and an umbrella walked through the middle of Katniss' village in District 12. She was wearing small, heeled boots with sharp, pointed toes, a dull magenta skirt that was almost to tight, and a jacket-style top with puffed shoulders of the same color. On top of her hair sat an oversized artificial flower that was about the same color as her outfit. Around her neck was a large black choker-like scarf that had more pinkish flowers attached to it. Her lips were a dark metallic purple color and they reflected any source of light. Eyeshadow of the same color surronded both her eyes. Bright transparent pink earrings that dazzled in the sunlight adorned her ears. This was a woman from the Capitol. Her name was Effie Trinket.
Effie was in District 12 today to officiate the annual ceremony known to all the districts as "the reaping". She really did not like coming to this filthy place. Such a change from the luxurious lifestyle she was used to in the Capitol. Seeing the half-starved children playing in the mud almost made her feel a sort of pity for them. But after today she would be able to forget those sad, empty faces that always stared at her. At least, for another year.
The preparation for the reaping was on schedule. The lights were up, the big screen was almost perfectly in place, ana a man was busy washing the stairs and platform in front of the Hall of Justice with a pressure washer. The Hall of Justice was where the reaping would take place, with all the children standing there in groups, hoping their name would not be called. Everywhere you looked around the village square, you could see the symbol of Panem, the name given to the Capitol and the 12 Districts. It felt exciting for Effie, but dreadful for the citizens. Tonight, their District would have one less girl and boy living there. And one more broken-hearted family.​
* * * * * * * * * *​

CHAPTER TWO continued

Gale and Katniss sat on top of a hill, almost completely concealed by the tall grass. They were in the middle of a serious conversation and Gale was not happy. He never was when reaping day came. In his eyes, the whole thing was unfair and the people only made it worse. "What if they do? What if one year everyone just stopped watching?!" He said.
"They won't." Katniss argued.
"But what if they did?" Gale wouldn't let up. "What if we did?" He stared at Katniss, then looked off into the distance. "You root for your favorites, cry when they get killed. It's sick!" The look of digust on his face was unavoidable.
"Gale-" Katniss tried to calm him down.
"No one watches." Gale insisted. "And they don't have a game. It's as simple as that."
Katniss grinned. She loved it when Gale got upset at the Capitol. He always had everything figured out in his head and he was so confident that it made her believe that what he said could actually happen. Then, reality would bring her back.
"What?" He demanded, staring into her eyes.
"Nothing." Katniss laughed. They both held each other's gaze for a few seconds.
"Then why are you laughing at me?" Gale turned away.
"I'm not laughing at you." She assured him. But it was a lie, and he knew it. They both grinned at each other. Silence once again overtook them while Gale was obviously thinking hard about something.
"We could do it, you know." He said suddenly serious. He stared hard at Katniss. "Take off, live in the woods. It's what we do anyway."
Katniss already had her objection ready. "They'd catch us."
"No, maybe not." Gale replied. He was actually serious.
Looking away, Katniss voiced part of her fear. "Cut out our tongues... or worse. We wouldn't make it five miles."
Gale almost cut over the top of her voice. "No, I'd get five miles." He said. "Go that way." He pointed toward the forest deep in the heart of the valley that was below the hill they sat on. Another off limits spot to the people in District 12.
"I have Prim. And you have your brothers." Katniss had this arguement all mapped out. It wasn't the first time they had discussed running away.
But Gale was just as planned as Katniss. "They can come, too."
"Prim, in the woods?" Katniss almost laughed again. And the, so did Gale.
"Well, maybe not." He finally admitted.
Katniss changed the subject to something that had been bothering her lately. "I'm never having kids." She said simply. Why would she want to have kids? So they could be subjected to this horriffic life? Never knowing which birthday would be their last?
"I might," Gale told her. "If I didn't live here." He looked out at the treetops again.
"But you do live here-"
"I know. But if I didn't." His response provoked another long, hard stare from Katniss. Suddenly, a look of realization came over his face. "Oh, I forgot!" He reached into his bag that was sitting by his feet and removed a small loaf of bread. "Here." He held it out to Katniss.
Katniss sat up straight and quickly reaced for the bread. "Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed. "Is this real?" Tearing the bread open, she inhaled deeply and the smell of fresh bread was almost overwhelming.
"Yeah. It better be. Cost me a whole squirrel." Gale answered as Katniss split the bread in two pieces and handed him part. "Happy Hunger Games!" Gale said mockingly.
"And may the odds be ever in your favor." Katniss replied, just as mockingly as Gale. She bit into the loaf and flavor erupted inside her mouth, She hadn't tasted fresh bread in so long.
They sat in silence for a moment while savoring the taste. Then Katniss asked Gale a question. "How many times is your name in there today?" Durig the reaping, each boy and girl between 12 and 18 had their names put in a bowl. You got more entried every year you got older. Also, you could get more food rations for your family by having your name added even more times. Since Gale had so many brothers to feed, he always took extra rations.
"Forty-two." He said solemly. "Guess the odds aren't exactly in my favor." He looked away because he couldn't bear to see Katniss face filled with such sadness and pity.​
* * * * * * * * * *​

Back