the new series is almost here!

And I am very excited because my husband is taking me to see the premiere on the big screen. We are not going on opening night because here in our neighborhood it is a midnight showing. The next one is on Monday, August 25 at 7 PM — this is the one we're going to. So I will not be able to come here and comment until Tuesday the 26th. But I will be very anxious to hear what you all think of the new Dr. and new series.

Allonsy!

That sounds like so much fun, Inky! I went to the Day of the Doctor at the theater, you'll have a great time. I'm seeing it on the 23rd, it's gonna be great. From what I've heard from the Doctor Who World Tour, it's a really good episode, and Peter Capaldi is one of the best.

That sounds like so much fun, Inky! I went to the Day of the Doctor at the theater, you'll have a great time. I'm seeing it on the 23rd, it's gonna be great. From what I've heard from the Doctor Who World Tour, it's a really good episode, and Peter Capaldi is one of the best.
Thanks; I am excited.

I had wanted to go see Day of the Doctor in cinema, but it was happening the same week that my husband was taking me downtown for some program… And it's difficult to get him to go out 2 nights in the same week. I bet that was awesome; it was in 3-D, right?

Just looking at Peter Capaldi in the previews and such, I think he's going to be really good. Can't wait.

Thanks; I am excited.

I had wanted to go see Day of the Doctor in cinema, but it was happening the same week that my husband was taking me downtown for some program… And it's difficult to get him to go out 2 nights in the same week. I bet that was awesome; it was in 3-D, right?

Just looking at Peter Capaldi in the previews and such, I think he's going to be really good. Can't wait.

It was in 3D, which looked really cool(one of the only things i've seen that should be in 3D!). I also loved being around all these doctor who fans just as excited as I was.

22 hours more! At least for me here in California so count the time and don't write spoilers until after 23 hours have passed.

Spolier free review for all of ya'll

Best episode in a long time. The writing is great, the dialoge is perfect. Just some of the best writing i've seen in forever. Moffat really did well, so much better than the last episode(Time of the Doctor). It is a lot darker than the Matt Smith era, but wow is it good.

Peter Capaldi- He is an amazing doctor, no words can describe how much I love him already. His accent is thick at times, so it was hard for me to understand him. I'm sure I'll get better at it though. He is very different from Matt, but a good different. Great acting too.

Jenna was also beautiful in this episode. Clara really steps it up, lots of character development. I got to see a lot of her that i've never seen before(personality wise). I like her so much more than I did with her Impossible Girl story line. She has real emotions that I can relate to(I havn't seen that in a compainion since the RTD era). She also is great with Peter, the chemistry is perfect(and not in a romantic way!!). Also so really good acting on Jenna's part.

All in all, Deep Breath is great, go watch it. This review is coming from someone who's not a Moffat fan, so yeah high high hopes for the season.

I would respectfully disagree with you. This episode went against many of my Christian beliefs, for reasons I cannot discuss on this forum. Jenny, Vastra, and Strax were in terrible form.

I can only hope that the episodes will get better as the season goes on.

I would respectfully disagree with you. This episode went against many of my Christian beliefs, for reasons I cannot discuss on this forum. Jenny, Vastra, and Strax were in terrible form.

I can only hope that the episodes will get better as the season goes on.

Ah I see. Well i hope you like Peter anyway.

I saw it live and I've already watched the recording I made twice. Considering I much prefer the original series to 'Nu-Who' - I've recorded every episode since 2005 but only re-watched a hand-full - I think that tells you something.

Really liked Peter Capaldi and Jenna sparked off him well and gave one of her best performances for a while. I'm looking forward to next week and the daleks. I haven't felt so optimistic about the series since it returned 9 years ago.

Spolier free review for all of ya'll

Best episode in a long time. The writing is great, the dialoge is perfect. Just some of the best writing i've seen in forever. Moffat really did well, so much better than the last episode(Time of the Doctor). It is a lot darker than the Matt Smith era, but wow is it good.

Peter Capaldi- He is an amazing doctor, no words can describe how much I love him already. His accent is thick at times, so it was hard for me to understand him. I'm sure I'll get better at it though. He is very different from Matt, but a good different. Great acting too.

Jenna was also beautiful in this episode. Clara really steps it up, lots of character development. I got to see a lot of her that i've never seen before(personality wise). I like her so much more than I did with her Impossible Girl story line. She has real emotions that I can relate to(I havn't seen that in a compainion since the RTD era). She also is great with Peter, the chemistry is perfect(and not in a romantic way!!). Also so really good acting on Jenna's part.

All in all, Deep Breath is great, go watch it. This review is coming from someone who's not a Moffat fan, so yeah high high hopes for the season.

I most definitely do. :D His independently cross eyebrows were the highlight of the episode!

I agree with all of the above. :D

I just saw the new episode in cinema last night and loved it so much. Peter did a great job; Jenna did a great job. I think they are going to be a great team. Also that little potato man just cracks me up, what is it, Strax? he is just a riot. I loved his list of all the doctors at the start of the program, and his suggestion that they lure the doctor back to the TARDIS --and dump acid on him. So goofy.

I saw it live and I've already watched the recording I made twice. Considering I much prefer the original series to 'Nu-Who' - I've recorded every episode since 2005 but only re-watched a hand-full - I think that tells you something.

Really liked Peter Capaldi and Jenna sparked off him well and gave one of her best performances for a while. I'm looking forward to next week and the daleks. I haven't felt so optimistic about the series since it returned 9 years ago.

I am one of those freaks who only started watching at the 9th Doctor and have never watched an entire episode of the older original ones, so I do not have this prejudice, but I am so happy that you like Peter and I looking forward to the new series. :)

The DVR at home recorded this for me, but I didn't watch it because we were going to see it on the big screen; my husband, who is not a Whovian, had a ton of questions after the program, so we may watch it again together at home on TV.

I agree with all of the above. :D

I just saw the new episode in cinema last night and loved it so much. Peter did a great job; Jenna did a great job. I think they are going to be a great team. Also that little potato man just cracks me up, what is it, Strax? he is just a riot. I loved his list of all the doctors at the start of the program, and his suggestion that they lure the doctor back to the TARDIS --and dump acid on him. So goofy.

I am one of those freaks who only started watching at the 9th Doctor and have never watched an entire episode of the older original ones, so I do not have this prejudice, but I am so happy that you like Peter and I looking forward to the new series. :)

The DVR at home recorded this for me, but I didn't watch it because we were going to see it on the big screen; my husband, who is not a Whovian, had a ton of questions after the program, so we may watch it again together at home on TV.

Inky- I love Strax too, he's a great character. ALSO: watch Classic Who. I started with New Who and then after watching all of that I went back and watch some of the more know storylines. I also listen to the 8th doctor audio dramas(which are considered "Classic Who even though they are still being made!). I high reconmend it, it can be better than the newer stuff sometimes!

Inky- I love Strax too, he's a great character. ALSO: watch Classic Who. I started with New Who and then after watching all of that I went back and watch some of the more know storylines. I also listen to the 8th doctor audio dramas(which are considered "Classic Who even though they are still being made!). I high reconmend it, it can be better than the newer stuff sometimes!

I've never heard any of the audio dramas - perhaps I should give them a go. But I agree; give Classic Who a chance, Inky. There are some wonderful Classic stories. Admittedly the sets and special effects are not always up to modern standards but you can overlook that if the story is good enough.

I like Strax too, he's hilarious!

I've managed to see both new episodes, despite my busy college student schedule. :D

I thought that Deep Breath was great- it was hilarious, had a good storyline and 12 was in excellent form. I especially liked that they used Clara to address some of the issues I've heard that some of the fans of the new series seem to have (with 12 being older and whatnot). I loved the Doctor's "attack eyebrows" and his other epiphanies about himself.:p

I also liked the second episode, but not quite as much. I read on facebook that it may have been better if it had been placed further in the series after we'd had a bit more time to get to know the regenerated Doctor, and I would agree. I still enjoyed it though.:D

And the next episode apparently involves Robin Hood. Robin Hood!!!!!:D

Back