Post-Narnian Roles

Based on what I read it looks like Will, Anna, Skadner and Georgie are focused mainly on getting an education than finding their "next big thing". Major props to them. To many here in America get fame and pursue that only to burn out when the rolls stop coming. I wonder if it has something to do with the actors who played the Pevensies being British.

^It's nice to hear actors behaving like normal human beings and seeing that education is indeed important! I salute them :D

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already but Warwick Davis who was Nikabrik in Prince Caspian was recently in the Doctor Who episode 'Nightmare in Silver' as the character Porridge. He was soo good in it! Really like that actor :rolleyes:

Based on what I read it looks like Will, Anna, Skadner and Georgie are focused mainly on getting an education than finding their "next big thing". Major props to them. To many here in America get fame and pursue that only to burn out when the rolls stop coming. I wonder if it has something to do with the actors who played the Pevensies being British.

I find it inspirational to hear that they are pursuing education, and not ending up in scandals like certain child stars.

Bending the premise a bit, I've discovered a PRE-Narnian role! James MacAvoy played the son of Paul Muad'dib Atreides in the SyFy movie of "Children of Dune."

Anna Popplewell did a Halo film called "Forward Unto Dawn" that (I thought) was really well done. She was in a little bit different role than she was used to (her words) but she did an incredible job and was the best actor on screen (in my opinion.) The entire film can be bought/rented on iTunes or watched on Youtube, if you're interested. I'm not a huge Halo fan, but the fact that Anna was in it was enough to get me hooked, and the movie kept me interested until the credits.

Anna Popplewell did a Halo film called "Forward Unto Dawn" that (I thought) was really well done. She was in a little bit different role than she was used to (her words) but she did an incredible job and was the best actor on screen (in my opinion.) The entire film can be bought/rented on iTunes or watched on Youtube, if you're interested. I'm not a huge Halo fan, but the fact that Anna was in it was enough to get me hooked, and the movie kept me interested until the credits.

A friend sent that to me and I watched most of it. It was fascinating, and I thought she did well.

Anna has also been in a CW series, "Reign", or something like that. I don't watch it, but I saw some pictures of her in some episodes. Not sure what role she played. I don't get the CW, so I can't watch it. Not that I'd choose to...

The CW network has one message common to its programming: goodness and wisdom belong _exclusively_ to physically attractive people. Not that this hasn't always been common to movies and television, but the CW gives it more emphasis than some outlets do.

I couldn't find the original thread for Georgie's recent movie Perfect Sisters. I was wondering when this movie hits theaters but I guess it already did. I don't remember seeing any trailers for it. I guess the theaters that showed it were very limited so I don't know if it's going straight to DVD for everyone else?

I found this on imdb.com (internet movie database) it shows the release date, I'm assuming theater wise for some countries, including the UK and the US.

Release Dates
UK April 2014
Ireland April 2014
USA 8 April 2014 (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
Canada 11 April 2014 (limited)
USA 11 April 2014 (limited)

So, I don't know if we're just waiting for a DVD release or what. :confused:

Also, Georgie made another movie called The Sisterhood of the Night and all it says for the synopsis is: A girl exposes a secret society in her New Jersey suburb. The information I got came from imdb.com and if you type in Georgie Henly in the search then click her name on the list of you can scroll down some and see the list of movies she made and the most recently will be on top. :)

Last edited:
Lord, I hope Georgie has not decided, and will not decide, that wholesomeness is an embarrassment to get rid of. I felt ill when I saw the movie "Sin City" and found Elijah Wood portraying, not merely a bad guy, but a grossly disgusting bad guy.

One interesting thing from "Perfect Sisters" is that there is a home video shown at the beginning that is actually one of Rachael and Laura Henley.

As for Georgie's future roles, I doubt we can take much stock in her two post Narnia roles. I'm also not sure if the Sisterhood role is a bad character.

MrBob

it would be intreesting to see if the movie comes on saailite dish

it would be cool if perfect sisters came on sauilite dish then i could see Georgie's new role too :)

OK so I went to amazon.com thinking it may have a release date or preorder date so we could know when it's coming out and it says you can preorder it and it comes out June 10th. It didn't say a worldwide release or certain countries so not sure on that.

SO I went down to my local dollar theater to catch the Lego Movie, and Liam Neeson was one of my favorite V/O actors for the movie. Mainly because in his good cop bad cop roll he was unafraid to pitch his voice higher for good cop. At first I was simply impressed because this "serious, respected, academy award nominated actor" was willing to be so silly, but then it donned on me... the guy has two sons. Chances are when they were little and he'd play with them or read aloud to them, he would do different voices for characters. I know my parents did, and so do most parents in general.

Then again, this is the actor who, on the set for Star Wars, made lightsaber noises during all the Jedi battle scenes. Obviously, when he's in a "fun" roll, he's going to have fun.

SO I went down to my local dollar theater to catch the Lego Movie, and Liam Neeson was one of my favorite V/O actors for the movie. Mainly because in his good cop bad cop roll he was unafraid to pitch his voice higher for good cop. At first I was simply impressed because this "serious, respected, academy award nominated actor" was willing to be so silly, but then it donned on me... the guy has two sons. Chances are when they were little and he'd play with them or read aloud to them, he would do different voices for characters. I know my parents did, and so do most parents in general.

Then again, this is the actor who, on the set for Star Wars, made lightsaber noises during all the Jedi battle scenes. Obviously, when he's in a "fun" roll, he's going to have fun.
He made the light saber sounds? That's some talent there.

Yes. And then he actually said out loud, "Oh, wait, you take care of that in post production, don't you." Talk about getting into your roll!

I haven't seen anything regarding Georgie's new movie. I think she did two. I haven't seen a US DVD release (I mean even if it didn't make it to theater and went straight to DVD).

Back