Attention-Deficit Roleplaying

"Hm, that is a thought. Though I worry about the possible effects on the space-time continuum."

"I've thought about that too: the intricacy of cause and effect. But I believe there is a built-in safeguard. An intervention in time COULD NOT destroy the persons and conditions that caused the intervention, or else the intervention WOULDN'T happen in the first place TO destroy anything. I therefore agree with science-fiction writers who say that the intervention would produce an EXTRA branching timeline. So if we take a party of people back to your century to increase enlightenment, the timeline WITHOUT that added enlightenment will still exist, as your place of origin. But thenceforth ANOTHER timeline will also exist in which there IS enlightenment."

"You bet! Let's go to opposite ends of the festival property and work toward the center -- see whom we can enlist for the expedition."

The otherworldly swordsman Vissarion the Selfless also joined up, since his eccentric friend Ivan had once again lost interest in adventures.

"That," replied Sadko, "depends on your means of time travel. If it's possible for someone to stay behind and round up others to take after us, then you and I and whoever should go now, letting the stay-behind man try to recruit others. But if it will be hard to revisit this time after we leave, we should wait here longer and try to get more help before ANY of us go back in time."

"That's the hard part then, since I was just meditating about the future and found myself here, sort of like a dream. How did you get here?"
Doc Brown had been listening to Sadko's and Taliesin's conversation, so he came up to them and said, "I do have a DeLorean that might be able to help you, if you need it. But I must warn you to avoid anything that would seriously alter the timeline or cause somebody to cease from existence. My friend Marty and I have had a few close calls of that nature."

"I still am certain that causality will preserve itself in the way I described to Taliesen," replied Sadko. "But we would be grateful for the use of this vehicle. Only, how many can it carry?"

Julie Andrews appears in the thread just to remind you by her presence that she's better than you at everything
because she's Julie Andrews
and she's awesome

Noticing Julie Andrews, Sadko says to her: "Miss Andrews, when you do in fact have an _exquisite_ singing voice, why is it that you so often _don't_ sing all the words in a song, but _shout_ many of them?"

Meanwhile in a typical horror film, the stereotypical socially diverse group that , in most cases in regard to a group of high schoolers, would never hang out with each other, which included a jock, a cheerleader, the party guy, the foreign kid, the party animal, the Goth and the genre savy nerd were all hanging out when they heard news that the monster/killer was loose.

The nerd said, "Hey, guys, instead of going outside and throwing ourselves into danger in which we all die horrific deaths, why don't we stay put? Logic dictates that if we stay safe and let the police or other law enforcement handle the problem, we'll be fine."

Last edited:
"I would hope that the police would handle it," replied the jock. "Still, just in case, we should think of what we could do to defend ourselves in a pinch. ONE thing is for sure: nobody wanders away alone in the dark!"

" I have a fully charged cell-phone," said the cheerleader.
"And I happen to have my portable hotspot with so that way our signal won't go down," said the nerd. "Does anybody have a flashlight? Preferably one with batteries?"

The foreign kid-- let us say it's a Japanese girl --had _three_ flashlights, and a supply of assorted batteries for everything imaginable.

Including one made from a potato.

They also took stock of what possible weapons they had .In the trunk of his car, the jock had a baseball bat, a hockey stick, and a tire iron for repairing his car. The foreign girl had a katana. The nerd had a replicas of a Highlander sword, Sting, Glamdring, Rhindon, Excalibur, a Game of Thrones sword and a Klingon Bat'Leth all made out of real metal, as well as a fully functional lightsaber that he built in his spare time.

"Awesome!" said the party guy. "Now lets go to a party! It's being held at an run down farm at the edge of town."

Last edited:
"All right," replied the nerd. "But please, everyone try NOT to walk within grabbing range of any dark doorways or other places where the monster or killer might be hiding."

"Hey!" said the cheerleader. "I just got a text about another party at a legitimate business here in town. It's in a nice, well lit area. The location even has a five star rating on Yelp.com! "

Last edited:
Back