Write a Note to the Person Above You III

Dear Freckles,

I understood most of that, but I think there were a few nuances that I missed. I tried though.

GG

P.S. The proper style for cover letters is one of the most obnoxious I've encountered.

Dear GG,

It's not the style of cover letters that's the problem. It's everything about cover letters that's stupid.

What didn't you understand about my note? You do have Whatsapp in the States, right?

Sincerely,
Freckles, 2nd ed.

Dear Queen Artemis,

Or do I say "Your majesty" or what would you prefer?

Anyway, errr, hello! How come you're active on the forum now? When you've been a member since 2008?

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Artoaster,

What a good idea to return! If there should be anything you don't quite understand in the Land of Duffers, don't hesitate to ask. Just don't expect any sensible answers. And if you have questions about Telmar or Telmarines, for some reason there is even a thread for that. So what could go wrong?

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Artwo Deatoo,

Just a heads-up: Avoid a creature called "DLF". And his numerous relatives. I still don't know what happened to Glen's blue duck. Or was it a blue chicken? And what happened to my impeccable memory......

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

I heartily object to your extending your naming disorder to new victims. "Artwo Deatoo"? Really?

I expect better behavior from you in the future.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenbattleship,

People's expectation tend to have very little effect on me. But if you tried to expect bad behavior from me, maybe you wouldn't end up disappointed. Anyway, I like renaming things so much that I shall rename your "Naming Disorder" to "Creative Linguistic Spurt" (or CLS because here on TDL, we heart abbrevations).

Always look on the bright side of life. Ignore the unicorns.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

"We heart abbreviations"? This English slang is going too far. Please remember that a lot of English speakers are enormously degenerate people, and that you really, really should not copy them.

I am going to be sending you several crates full of unicorns. You can name them, if you're so into renaming things. Have a CLS with your favorite creature on the planet.

Sarcastically,
But with sincere intentions to send unicorns,
Glen

Dear Glenbungalow,

Don't you think you're a little too hard on your speech community? I.e. do you really think people from other speech communities are any more, er, advanced?

Thank you for the unicorns. I shall nail them to this year's Christmas cards; it makes for a lovely surprise.

In return, I shall send you a large number of lolcats. And a Christmas card, of course.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Her Regal Majesty, Queen Artemis,

Why, I am truly honored by that statement. Thank thee kindly, milady.

Sincerely,
GG

Glen,

Regularly while in California my siblings would say "Look, Elizabeth, a whale!" and point to some sign with a whale on it or the like. My uncle even got in on it. They're such a loving family with great respect for my Cetaphobia.

Sarcastically,
GG

Dear GG,

Well, my family kept teasing me about my (probably psychopathic) boss at a time when I was feeling physically sick from anxiety.... Granted, they didn't know how bad I was feeling, but my 16-year-old brother, at least, would not cared, because he thinks that anyone who is upset is weak.

I am much more comfortable joking about the situation now. They left me no choice. Aren't relatives wonderful?

I'll assume that yours have gotten you over your Cetaphobia, so.... *whalesplats*

Sincerely,
Glen

Back