Write a Note to the Person Above You III

Dear Soapy,

No, I did not. But I am most impressed by this bold move and looking forward to the delightful notes which will be documented in this thread. :)

*raises glass of champagne*

*spills champagne on note*

Ah well.

Sincerely,
Freckles

PS. Thank you so much for capitalizing correctly!!

PPS. Okay seriously what's with the tags.

Dear Freckles,

Thank you for drawing my attention to the tags so I can add to them.

GG

Dear GG,

You're welcome. I've always found the tags very interesting/amusing, though not interesting enough to investigate what cyborg senshi means...

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear GG,

Sushi and I have been friends for years, and I don't know what the tag means either. I do know that Sushi is definitely not a cyborg...for what it's worth.

If there's a cyborg buffalo somewhere in the universe, though, I want out. Sushi's rampages are enough.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

How do you know he's not a cyborg? Is there a generally applicable test which would be good for testing humans, squirrels, and turtles? And whales. If I'm going to be crushed by a whale, I want it to be an authentic one. Be crushed in style, you know, like da real MC okay I should go.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

For one thing, cyborgs don't write annoyingly emotional poetry in classical Greek.

Oh, look, there's an authentic whale about to hit your apartment. But don't worry, at least you'll feel authentically crushed.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

Yes, thank you, that's all I ask from life. That, and fireproof evidence to back up your claims. Why wouldn't cyborgs write poetry in Greek?

And how do you justify using a capital letter behind a comma in letter writing? I've always wondered that.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

Well, have you ever seen a cyborg writing poetry in Greek?

Neither has anyone else.

I can justify anything as long as I have a lawyer and a lot of money.

Insincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

Have you ever seen anyone fall off the edge of the world? If you choose to employ this kind of reasoning, things could get ugly really fast.

I can justify things using a half decent text editor. :cool:

All things considered, I should like to think I win this round.

Sincerely,
Freckles

PS. Not cliff: world! No intentional misreading!

PPS. Geocentrism sukz.

Dear Freckles,

Are you confusing geocentrism with flat-earthism again?

As a matter of fact, the world used to be flat. But then the Numenoreans were idiots, etc., and only Elves can take the sea road into the West....

Geocentrism sucks lollipops and marzipan, thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

Yes to all except the 'again'. I've never confused the two before and you're only being condescending.

Anyway, how was your day?

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

My library is getting rid of half the nonfiction section and I want to launch an oppositional campaign but cannot ethically do so because I'm an employee. That's how my day is. I've stashed volumes of Plato, Lucretius, and Yeats in my office so they can't be deleted. That might also be unethical, but I'm trying to think about posterity here.

Don't object to my use of "again." It's a free word, and it has a right to be included in my sentences if it wants to.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

How is Yeats non-fiction? Did he write a book on How to Propose a Lot? And what is your library replacing the books with?

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

I have just made the surprising but important discovery that you can change the size of the text box in which you write posts by grabbing the bottom right corner where there are (seemingly unnecessary) lines. I see now why the lines are not unnecessary.

Though actually, I'm not sure why one would need to change the size of the text box?

*Sigh* It seems the more I know, the more I am confused.

GG

Dear GG,

Thank you for sharing your discovery. I have since tried changing the box and quickly changed it back to its original size because it was unaesthetic and I hate change and you're completely right why would we ever need to change it?

Your aphorism is, I feel, right up there with Aristotle and Dr. Seuss. But don't let it go to your head.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Freckles,

Things like that always go straight to my head. Much like sugar, caffeine, and dodgeballs.

GG

Dear Freckles,

I meant Yeats' poetry, which is the nonfiction section. Along with The Iliad, et. al. I don't know what his prose nonfiction would be like. C.S. Lewis was probably not a fan; he liked Yeats' poetry but was stunned to find out that Yeats believed in "Magic," as he put it. Never seemed to get over that aversion, either.

We have put books in the dumpster. I am not happy.

-Grumpy Glen

Back