Contest 24: Narnian-world Rummage Sale

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
Calling all creatures in Narnia, Archenland, Calormen, Bism and the eastern islands and seas,
You are invited to participate in a world-wide Rummage Sale to take place on the plain just north of Beruna.

To reserve a vendor space, write a description of at least one of the items you plan to sell with the following information:
----------------
VENDOR APPLICATION
1. Vendor's name, and a little bit about yourself:
2. Title of your booth:
3. Highlight(s) of what you will be selling -- describe 1 or more item(s)
[This info will go into the Catalog for the Rummage Sale to attract customers to your booth.
Note if you add a price, please use Narnian currency, i.e., lions and trees]
:
----------------
The Date of the Rummage Sale will be September 30, and a poll will be posted on the Dancing Lawn so creatures can vote for their favorite Booth. So send your vendor applications in now or as soon as possible!

This looks like an ace competition!

How many entries per person, i.e "real" people, as opposed to literary characters?

Can characters who died in the books or movies participate?

Multiple entries are welcome Corin; thanks for asking!
Also any canonical characters living or dead except for Aslan himself may sponsor a booth.

Opening the Ball

Allow me to assume a character such as _would_ exist, since canonical stories leave many _likely_ officials and functionaries unnamed.

I am Glazmadazz, third assistant undersecretary to the Vizier of Calormen.

I need to sell five hundred paintings of Crown Prince Rabadash. These were intended to be displayed in public places in lands which Rabadash was to conquer. But in his noble compassion, by no means forcibly compelled by anyone or anything, the mighty Rabadash has decided not to conquer those places after all.

For the complete consignment of these magnificent works of art, all I ask is twenty bushels of northern oats, which I believe would be excellent feed for a certain donkey which is temporarily in the Vizier's care.

Glazzmadazz, thank you so much for your participation. In light of the fact that no other vendors have applied for permits, the Rummage Sale has unfortunately been indefinitely postponed. However, the Raven Sallowpad had a suggestion for the 500 paintings:

"I understand canvasses are particularly weather resistant and would make great insulation inside the Royal Tashbaan stables..."

I am Glazmadazz, third assistant undersecretary to the Vizier of Calormen.

I need to sell five hundred paintings of Crown Prince Rabadash. These were intended to be displayed in public places in lands which Rabadash was to conquer. But in his noble compassion, by no means forcibly compelled by anyone or anything, the mighty Rabadash has decided not to conquer those places after all.

For the complete consignment of these magnificent works of art, all I ask is twenty bushels of northern oats, which I believe would be excellent feed for a certain donkey which is temporarily in the Vizier's care.

Love this, Copperfox, including the "spin" that Glazmadazz has put on what really happened to Rabadash!

Back