My Banner Art

Sforzando77

I've seen multiple people doing threads like this, so I thought I too would share my graphics. I haven't been doing this for too long, so really I would like some critiques, but I will also take requests if you'd like me to make you something ;) So here goes, I guess:

Edited on March 9, 2009. Wanted to put some of my more recent stuff on the front page :)

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r371/Sforzando77/Banners%20and%20Avatars/TLKban-2.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r371/Sforzando77/Banners%20and%20Avatars/wilmo.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r371/Sforzando77/Banners%20and%20Avatars/wilmo2.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r371/Sforzando77/Banners%20and%20Avatars/wherewordsfail.jpg

And specifically the "My Paperboy" banners:

Teddy Geiger

Brendan Urie

Davy Jones

~Sfz

Last edited:
You're amazing! Do you like you could do something of Prince Zuko, maybe using the picture I'm already using in my current banner. Same words too? If you can, thank you!

Wonderful work!:) I esp. love the bird one,and the Jacob banner.:D
And the heart/love one is gorgeous!:eek:
What program do you use?

You're amazing! Do you like you could do something of Prince Zuko, maybe using the picture I'm already using in my current banner. Same words too? If you can, thank you!

I would love to make you a banner! But, for some reason, I can't see your current banner, or the words on it. :confused: if you could post it, or PM the info to me I'll be happy to start working on it.

Here's another one I made earlier today...
Canterban.jpg

It's not exceptionally detailed or anything. ;)
Also, does anyone know how to change the opacity of font, or can that even be done on GIMP?

Sorry this is kind of big. I thought I had resized it before I uploaded it. :p

And another. Once again, not very detailed or technical, but it was fun to make.
skillsban2.jpg

This is mostly a joke/just for fun type of banner. ;)
The quote is from Napoleon Dynamite.

Also, does anyone know how to change the opacity of font, or can that even be done on GIMP?

Pretty stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

You can change the opacity 2 ways in gimp.At the top corner of gimp(how you open an image,scroll down to File.Then Dialogs,then Layers.
There you can either move the bar down to fade the text,or set the text to Overlay by clicking the drop down box beneath the bar.
Hope that helps!:)

Pretty stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

You can change the opacity 2 ways in gimp.At the top corner of gimp(how you open an image,scroll down to File.Then Dialogs,then Layers.
There you can either move the bar down to fade the text,or set the text to Overlay by clicking the drop down box beneath the bar.
Hope that helps!:)

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed to know! :)

Another silly banner. The characters are from a TV show called "Psych", which you can learn about here if you're interested. :)
psychban2.jpg

Also, I was just curious, where do any of you get your inspiration for banners/graphics? Because I'm having a hard time figuring out what sort of things I want to do, so I end up making simple, little things that I don't really care a whole lot for. :rolleyes: Any opinions or ideas would be nice to hear. :)

Love the background. Where'd you find that,please?:)

I get a lot of my inspiration from music.♪♫ :)
If I'm listening to a song,it puts me in mind to make a banner.For example,when I heard the song in my siggy,I thought of Nancy Drew.:D

Sometimes,I get an idea from a quote in a book or from a movie/tv show.
But mostly,I get my ideas from music.:)

Love the background. Where'd you find that,please?:)

I get a lot of my inspiration from music.♪♫ :)
If I'm listening to a song,it puts me in mind to make a banner.For example,when I heard the song in my siggy,I thought of Nancy Drew.:D

Sometimes,I get an idea from a quote in a book or from a movie/tv show.
But mostly,I get my ideas from music.:)

I didn't really find the whole background "in one piece". I made it light blue first, then I used a circle paintbrush from here to make the white circles.

And thanks for the comment. Although I love music, whenever I get to working on something, I sort of stop listening. Maybe I'll try listening to the music better while I work.

Back