CharnTim III

Pretty sure that's a Greek Orthodox boarding school, so the kids have to stay away from meat, dairy, fish, and olive oil from the 2nd to the 6th weeks of Lent. They can have octopus or shell fish if they want, and they can also pay in drachmas. 2,400 per term. (It's a very traditional school. They don't want any of those new Euro things.)

Your kids still haven't arrived. Do you have their cell phone numbers? We're beginning to get concerned that they might have been lost. We have had a staff member waiting at the Athens International Airport for seven hours, and there's been no sign of them.

I just talked to them. They got stuck in Rome; apparently they're still trying to convince the pope that his hat is blue and black, not white and golden.

Please, PLEASE give my children an education, Ms. Glenopoulos! You're my last hope for them! (For all seven except the twins - I gave up on the twins a long time ago. I just sent them along for fun. Good luck.)

I'll be happy to give them an education so long as they get out of Rome without a criminal record. Trying to convince the pope that his hat is blue and black is all right, but no physical assault, kicking the pope's cat, burning the pope's curtains, etc.

And tell them to hurry up, orientation begins tomorrow.

Well, it's not Lent, and I wouldn't consider Italy - Greece a long distance, given that one of your students grew up on the ISS. What's up with that anyway?

What that supposed to be a pun?

We ban puns during Lent, also.

Unfortunately, you are right. This is not Lent.

*sigh* Fine, bounce the kids over. But make sure they wear protective bouncing gear and fasten all the buckles.

If ISS stands for "International Space Station," then asking "What's up with that?" is a rather loaded question.

I was briefly considering that this was what you meant, but then I thought, no, not even I would be tempted, who is known far and wide for her inappropriate use of puns. (For me, it's a way to reassure myself that I do in fact speak English. If you can make a pun in a foreign language, you have achieved a certain degree of mastery. At least that's what I tell myself.)

The question still stands.

*shakes head* Your knowledge of English is just about impeccable. You don't need to worry about it anymore. Or make bad puns.

The student who grew up the International Space Station is the child of two astronauts. He also keeps trying to jump from extremely high locations and breaking both legs. We currently have him under guard, but he keeps trying to knock the guard down the school steps. The guard is wearing pillows. Many pillows.

My insecurities run deeper than "about impeccable"! *breaks down and cries*

I'm moving to China.

EDIT: BAHHH I'm a sheep.

EDIT EDIT: STILL A SHEEP WHY WON'T ANYBODY HELP ME

Last edited:
Back