Prince Caspian: Ben Barnes & why is he so old?

PrincessRosario

NarniaWeb has received an unconfirmed report that Caspian has been cast. According to the source, the part went to a boy from Madrid.

Please note that this report is completely unconfirmed. However, I'm almost inclined to believe it, seeing as shooting is supposed to start in January. It's getting close to the end of 2006 and they may very well have cast the part of Caspian.

I for one am really excited...it would be so cool if they had cast him! I doubt we'll get official confirmation until December...we might not even get names or pictures until after shooting starts (remember what they did with the Pevensies ;) ).

Thoughts?

~ROGUE~. If you go to the main page of Narniafans you will see now that this has changed and it has been confirmed that a Caspian has indeed been cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
well... technically, Capsian wasn't British.. he was descended from Caribbean pirates who entered Narnia through a portal.. I wouldn't expect him to have a british accent, and if he does, well, tha's fine. I wouldn't think that he would have a Spanish accent either, but I guess I'm being too picky. But it can go both ways, I guess.

I'm not inclined to believe it yet, because, as you'll remember, there were also some other unconfirmed rumors that only two boys had been asked to return to do callbacks.. if the first (callback) rumor was true, I wouldn't expect them to narrow down the Caspian so soon.. but then, it could happen, i suppose...

I don't know.. I'm just speculating out loud...

pink-cheetah said:
well... technically, Capsian wasn't British.. he was descended from Caribbean pirates who entered Narnia through a portal.. I wouldn't expect him to have a british accent, and if he does, well, tha's fine. I wouldn't think that he would have a Spanish accent either, but I guess I'm being too picky. But it can go both ways, I guess.

I'm not inclined to believe it yet, because, as you'll remember, there were also some other unconfirmed rumors that only two boys had been asked to return to do callbacks.. if the first (callback) rumor was true, I wouldn't expect them to narrow down the Caspian so soon.. but then, it could happen, i suppose...

I don't know.. I'm just speculating out loud...
good point and thats probably why they picked him!

well, you can call me a skeptic (or someone who hasn't checked in lately- lol) but I think that until they decide to reveal who the actor is, and they are totally sure they have the right person, I'm perfectly fine in the dark. :)

tottyfruitty said:
haha good for you:) i jsut want them to show him.
:)

well, I mean there is just no sense in sneaking around trying to find out who the guy is prematurely... ;)

and then if someone got a picture of him, depending on what he looks like, it will be plastered on the internet in like, a minute and then all these girls will be like, "OMG, he is sooooooooooooooooo hott!!"

:rolleyes: yeesh...

.:Out.of.the.Blue:. said:
i don't think its true... plus the news would be here at nanriafans... and i stick to imdb :)
The reason that it isn't here yet is that it isn't technically "news." It's just a rumour. NarniaWeb received a spy report from a source who evidentally auditioned for the part, and he said that he heard the part had been given to a boy from Madrid.

And I don't really trust imdb anymore, after they put up the Queen Pruniprismia April Fools joke...;)

Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13637&SCRN=0&PN=1

Once again, this is completely unconfirmed. It could very well be untrue. However, since there's no other official news, it's fun to speculate, isn't it? :)

.:Out.of.the.Blue:. said:
i don't think its true... plus the news would be here at nanriafans... and i stick to imdb :)

Even if Prince Caspian's origins were supposed to be 'descended from Caribbean pirates' that doesn't mean any link to Madrid, Spain in terms of an actor. The Telemarines in CS Lewis' book did not seem to share any ancestry to those of Iberian descent ( Spanish descent). They could have been British pirates for all we know. I would think in reality, the actor chosen for the role would be English, but then, that's just what we're all familiar with since the Narnian cast of LWW were all primarily English.

If this is just a rumor, there's bound to be a lot more of them before the actual and coveted part of Caspian is cast in stone. I won't believe anything until we hear it here at Narniafans also.

Back