The Duffer Training Academy. (please do not delete)

*Hobbit*

Ok,for new people,old people,or people who just dont know anything about dufferness,come here to the training academy so you can learn the ways of the Duffer.I mysefl am a bad Duffer and need traing.So I made this school for that.I am now hireing teachers,so Please voluteer to help our poor souls from not knowing about Duffs:D

My first recommendation would be to read the duffer materials at the beginning of the stickied "Order of The Can" thread. Dernhelm collected them. You'll be very much 'up on your stuff' after that...I got 18/18 right on the Duffer quiz after reading said materials. And look at me now! Duffering's fun...;)

My first recommendation would be to read the duffer materials at the beginning of the stickied "Order of The Can" thread. Dernhelm collected them. You'll be very much 'up on your stuff' after that...I got 18/18 right on the Duffer quiz after reading said materials. And look at me now! Duffering's fun...;)
Ooooook.can we still put this thing to use?

I shall help.
I have a different Duffer philosophy. And that is, there is no philosophy. :D
Knowing about what past Duffers have done is fun, but it doesn't tell you how to be a duffer. Every duffer is different, even though they have similar values ( Stealing Cheese whiz, smashing HB's house, tieing people to train tracks with duct tape, you know, the usual).There's a strange element ( I prefer to call it the element of hypnotizing ability) that this land has that brings out the true duffer in people.

*continues*
MOOhamuhahaBOOmuahaHOOHAmumahahaCowMuahaBOOHOO...

Of course every Duffer has its own style...errm...his or her own style... Anyways, where was I? But there are certain styles that are...not funny at all...or not even Dufferism, actually...

(Here's a slogan: If it isn't funny, it isn't a Duffer...:rolleyes: Never mind.)

And tis a well-known truth that the air...or, umm...cyber-air at least...around here tends to bring out people's Dufferly sides. Would you believe i'm quite a serious person, normally?:eek:

And now to get back to serious business again (that's another cardinal rule...for me personally at least... 'Thou shalt be SERIOUS about thy FUN!':D <-- Which is obviously why I use that smiley, right?)

True Duffering cannot be taught. It is far better absorbed in prolonged exposure to good, true Duffering. How will they know how without seeing how others have so done? 'Tis how I learned, mostly... You can develop your own style...I mean, thou canst develop thine own style...but still observe the best of the best for help in developing it!

Didn't that make WONDERFUL sense?:p Now go get someone who's good with undoing knots to work your brain back into shape...

Last edited:
Would you believe i'm quite a serious person, normally?:eek:

She actually is... :eek:

But I agree. True Dufferism is half learned by example, half drawing on that innate strain of Dufferism which exists in all - or at least most - of us, and half learned when you're doubled up in your computer chair, laughing fit to bust. True Dufferism cannot be expressed, it is an intangible, an ephemeral being who every so often sees fit to grace some select few of us with her much-coveted presence. (or more often, like some people I could name... :D) And... um... I ran out of things to say. :D

MuahaHOOahahaBOOmuhahauhOOHahahaBOO...

Would you believe i'm quite a serious person, normally?:eek:

Me too! What is this with all these serious people going crazy as soon as they walk...uh...hm...click into the Land of Duffers? :confused:

*:eek: it's the Can! He's brainwashing us! :eek:*

Me too! What is this with all these serious people going crazy as soon as they walk...uh...hm...click into the Land of Duffers? :confused:

*:eek: it's the Can! He's brainwashing us! :eek:*

I can third that!

Except for the can part...HE'D NEVER DO THAT! *Bows to the Can* She didn't mean it...

Back