Forum Issues

i hope so couldn't post for weeks :)

i hope that TDL is fixed, i couldn't get on for weeks even though i'm not the only one having trouble :) but i have my angel wings on & i got my sword ready to defend TDL :)

I'm very pleased by the real-world inference that Paul's family is all okay. And glad to see B-King back on. So next comes the recovery of threads that fell into the chasm.

yeach i haven't been able to come on here either :( i'm glad to see that i wasn't the only one having trouble :( i'm glad to see that TDL is back up, but i can tell you this, the devil hates TDL & he's makeing a fuss :( the only way to fight against the spritiual warfare on TDL is prayer :)

If by devil you mean the person that runs the site, as that's what this was/is. As we've gotten much smaller, I suspect Paul has moved us to a different machine that costs less, and running forum software takes a lot of machine power. If the forum software detects that it doesn't have enough resources, you get the "we're very busy" message.

There's no devil doing anything to TDL. Just lack of traffic and probably Paul trying to save his money.

I'm glad it seems to be working again. I can't count the number of times I tried to come here and just got the busy servers message lately. I'll enjoy it while I can and hopefully save some old threads incase it goes for good one day.

Hi Timmy,
Yes, I've noticed that too... How often did you use that feature on the forum? Do you need me to ask Specter (the webmaster/site founder about it?
blessings, Linda

From what I understand from one of Specter's Facebook posts, something about the search feature was one of the problems that was leading to the server going down constantly... And I believe the "New Posts" feature is connected to the search feature... So that's why they were disabled.

Again, that was my understanding of it but I could be wrong, or over simplifying it... :)

Hi Timmy,
Yes, I've noticed that too... How often did you use that feature on the forum? Do you need me to ask Specter (the webmaster/site founder about it?
blessings, Linda

Well I am just stating some of the features missing. Actually I didn't use the New Posts feature. But the search was helpful.

MM, I don't know of Paul's facebook page, only the narniafans facebook page.

Well I am just stating some of the features missing. Actually I didn't use the New Posts feature. But the search was helpful.

MM, I don't know of Paul's facebook page, only the narniafans facebook page.

Sorry, I read it in the comments on one of the posts on the NarniaFans page actually.

(By the way, you can just call me Machia. :D It's my "real life" name too... MM is way too much like GG (GondorGirl) who happens to be my sister... :p)

The sign in is acting a bit glitchy. After I sign in, the screen reverts to the original home page with a blank sign in-- and yet I am actually logged in. Strange...

I've had some similar issues, but I've found that, even when the sign in screen doesn't show that I have signed in, refreshing the screen or going to another page in the forum usually causes my sign in to register.

Back