The Order of the Can III

*applauds*

Well said, MF! But I think we must have a new entry in the Duffer Encyclopedia, because I know none of these Seven Rules to the Golden Way of the Cheese. :eek: What may they be?

FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF FORUM SECURITY

Warning members of the "Order of the Can"... We have received terroristic threats against you by a group calling itself "The Order of the CAN'T". You can usually recognize these people because they are wearing Frowny Buttons on their lapel ----> :mad:

Be careful where you play with rubber ducks, hold custard pie fights or wear red clown noses until we have had a chance to sweep the area for suspects and take them into custody.

Keeping the Faith,

PawPrint.gif

EveningStar, Director

Are you a termite, then? Be careful, the furniture is made from treated lumber, and it might not be yummy for your tummy.

Would it cause rumblies in your tumblies?

Indeed, non-Duffers would feel burdened by all such knowledge about such obscure facts from the history of Dufferland - not realizing, you see, that we make most of it up on the spot.

I know none of these Seven Rules to the Golden Way of the Cheese. What may they be?

read this and you shalt be enlightened.
you see, [...] we make most of it up on the spot.

FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF FORUM SECURITY

Warning members of the "Order of the Can"... We have received terroristic threats against you by a group calling itself "The Order of the CAN'T". You can usually recognize these people because they are wearing Frowny Buttons on their lapel ---->

Be careful where you play with rubber ducks, hold custard pie fights or wear red clown noses until we have had a chance to sweep the area for suspects and take them into custody.

Keeping the Faith,

PawPrint.gif

EveningStar, Director

:eek: :D

but we are not afraid! for we shall send :rolleyes: to fight them frowners!

Very nice post, mf. :) I see that you even capitalized your "i"s. Did you have to borrow someone else's keyboard to do it? :D

But thinking about the definition of duffer (yeah yeah, it's indescribable, indefinable etc. Hear me out...)

Duffer used to refer to those who post random, funny posts in the Land of the Duffers, and some times other forums...

Now it seems to have narrowed down to only those familiar, or willing to learn of the ways of the Can, cheese, walls, whales and other objects, stories that form a whole culture of their own...

Should we refuse someone the title of duffer simply because they don't know who Stan the Cookie is?

Very nice post, mf. :) I see that you even capitalized your "i"s. Did you have to borrow someone else's keyboard to do it? :D

no. i fought my keyboard man to man, that is, duffer to keyboard. i lost. then, i started insulting it by telling it that the other keyboard, with the black and white keys, was much nicer and it made music as well and so on, until my keyboard started to sob and i quickly typed the capitalized "i" and copied it for further use. my computer then exploded because sobs are basically water and water no good inside a computer. yes, all this for one article!

lossendil said:
But thinking about the definition of duffer (yeah yeah, it's indescribable, indefinable etc. Hear me out...)

Duffer used to refer to those who post random, funny posts in the Land of the Duffers, and some times other forums...

Now it seems to have narrowed down to only those familiar, or willing to learn of the ways of the Can, cheese, walls, whales and other objects, stories that form a whole culture of their own...

Should we refuse someone the title of duffer simply because they don't know who Stan the Cookie is?

no we should not. if we did, derny would not be a duffer (diad! diad! diad!), which she clearly is. (diad!) we can just impose the title on anyone we consider worthy, and our fellow duffers shall judge whether we are right or wrong.
let us not glorify too much the whole "duffer culture" because if we try to stuff dufferism into it, once the duffer objects die, dufferism dies with them.
so... why did i spend five lines to tell you that i agree? do wonders never cease?

I know who Stan the Cookie is, but I won't discuss it with just anyone. After all, someone may be trying to steal his identity. Just the other day they sent Chip Chocolate up the river to the Toll House for trying to pass off some counterfeit Million Dollar Fudge.

this reminds me of one of those Chips Ahoy ads
in which the Chocolate Chip is dancing to
Dont you want me baby?
and then a giant hand takes it out of its house....
and it goes black..

Back