Who Has Seen This?

I almost did not remember this now, but when I was little, one of my friends had the movie on video and I thought that it would be good. I like to see that movie again, I hope. I even heard it won Emmys and was on air on CBS.

My Uncle, bless him, used to tape stuff off of cable and telivision. In this way he got a copy of this film. I saw parts of it as a young child among other cartoons.

About five years back, I borrowed it from him, (again), and watched it. The animation wasn't too great, but I enjoyed the story and decided to read the books. I loved the books, became a fan.......end of story :D

The moral is - Good things can happen from Bad Animation. ;)

I used to love this back when I was three or four. I don't even remember the the first time I saw it. I must have been around two. My parents had taped it off TV but they missed the intro titles so for years I didn't even know what it was called. Then when I was about six or seven and I actually read the book (not knowing that the animated movie was based on it) I was pleasently suprirsed to find all the characters and settings to be so familiar. Well that's enough of a nostalgic rant for now.

Hi, Everyone,

First time on this site, must say it looks great!

I first saw this version of the LWW in 1983, when it was broadcast on tv here in the UK.

Interestingly there are 2 versions; one with the voices of english actors(such as Arthur Lowe, Sheila Hancock and Leslie Phillips), and the other voiced by American actors.

Always thought that it was a very good interpretation - and the enlish voiced version is difficult to find.

By the way the stage version at Stratford was superb!

:D

Wow! There's something that I didn't know about the animated version. I'll have to be on the lookout for it.

I'm confused, there's two versions? I haven't seen either and I don't think i will...the whole ancient animation thing and me don't go together too well. Besides, i've got the real one to loook forward too. I can't wait. I work at one of the local movie theaters and sometimes the managers let us see movies early so maybe we'll get to see LWW early. I'm crossing my fingers for it.

Originally posted by NiennaTinuviel@Jul 31 2004, 09:00 PM
I'm confused, there's two versions? I haven't seen either and I don't think i will...the whole ancient animation thing and me don't go together too well. Besides, i've got the real one to loook forward too. I can't wait. I work at one of the local movie theaters and sometimes the managers let us see movies early so maybe we'll get to see LWW early. I'm crossing my fingers for it.
Hi,

No there's only one version, but 2 different voiceovers.

Even though it was made in the early80's, it is still worth having a look at it.

WOW. WHen i was little i saw it, and i found it at my library a couple weeks ago and checked it out, but it was horrible.

ha ha, gotta love it when you realize you loved something once now you find it terrible, just shows how much we grow up and everything. Same with books, you read them when you are younger think they are awesome but grow as a reader and read more challenging stuff then think about the older plotlines you use to enjoy and think geez i was a bit of a dork. well i may have gotten the point wrong but whatever.

tg

I grew up watching the animated version. My grandma had it on video and we borrowed it for a couple of years! :p I haven't seen it for quite a while, it would be fun to try to find it again!

ITS NOT WORTH IT! lol. You should look for it. I got some great laughs (and shudders) out of it.

Back