He's wearing way too much eye-shadow in the Hobbit. It's kind of funny-looking when you compare him to his older pictures.

Huh. I never noticed that, but it could be I wasn't really paying much attention. Much as I like him in these films, I definitely can't say he's the same Legolas. This Legolas is a brat. :rolleyes:

Very cool. One of the things I've enjoyed about these movies is seeing old characters come back, and it's nice to have that happen again--in a slightly different way.

I like the choice of having a Hobbit actor sing it. "Song of the Lonely Mountain" and " I See Fire" from AUJ and DOS reflected Thorin and Co., this one should be Bilbo.

I hope that the last film will have some way of letting us see Ian Holm one more time as the aged Bilbo. If only "The Hobbit" could have been filmed twenty years ago, Mister Holm would have been perfect as the relatively young Bilbo.

I hope that the last film will have some way of letting us see Ian Holm one more time as the aged Bilbo. If only "The Hobbit" could have been filmed twenty years ago, Mister Holm would have been perfect as the relatively young Bilbo.

I agree. That would be a great way of book-ending the film.

I agree. That would be a great way of book-ending the film.

Well, according to the official presser from Warner Bros., Ian Holm is part of the cast of BOTFA. So I believe we can assume that we'll see him at least one more time. Elijah Wood is not, and according to TheOneRing.net, since he was included in the presser for AUJ, and he was in the film, most likely we won't be seeing Frodo one last time. Which makes me kind of sad, but in all reality we know Frodo went off to meet Gandalf so it would make little sense for him to show up again in BOTFA.

I'm holding off on listening to the soundtrack. Someone said that The Last Goodbye was pretty bittersweet. I'm already going to be an emotional wreck I'm afraid, even though I know what to expect. Maybe that's why?

And have y'all seen the latest/last trailer for the film? Wow. I'm really hoping this movie improves on the flaws of the last two. Looking forward to seeing Saruman again!

I'm [hopefully] seeing it Friday with my dad.
Was planning on seeing it tomorrow for my birthday, but where we're going they aren't showing it yet. So, we're seeing Night at the Museum 3 instead since it's my parents' anniversary and they both want to see that.

I have to say a lot of the final movie I was fisall disappointed with. I won't go into thr e things I.didn't like about this film or what Jackson added in that wad s o out of context with this part of of Middle Earths timeline. Thr y. They could've made into onr movie, two at the most and that wou l wouldve been fine.

I saw the last movie and I liked it a lot. it was depressing in some points,(not surprising for those who have read the book) but I actually think they stayed semi-close to the book in some certain scenes. ;) I know Narnia bookworm disagrees, but hey, we all have our opinions on movies. :) I also like how all the actors worked together for the movie.

Spoilers!

I was however very disappointed that Beorn did not kill Bolg OR Azog. I wanted him to SO badly.(especially since he was kinda snubbed in the last movie. :mad:)

Back