Did the last battle freak you out to?

jennyjenjen56

I decided this section needed a thread so here we are!! Ok so the last battle gave me a weird creepy feeling when read it. Kind of like revelation does, I dare say that was the point. But it ceeped me out. Did it creep anyone else out?

SPOILERS!
I wouldn't say it 'freaked me out' as such, it did leave me with a feeling of despair at some points- having the world that you've come to know and love being destryoed before your eyes, and feeling very angry about the way people and creatures were being treated. But then once the anger subsided and you realised what was happening, especially at the very end, it made me feel so glad that things could carry on in a better way and place. WHat did bother me though was that i couldn't read about what happened after!

When I first read the book back in third grade, I think, I was really disappointed at the ending. When I came across the books again in fifth or sixth grade, I really looked into their meaning a bit more, and I found that I really liked the ending of TLB. The idea that there's a world beyond this one is extremely intriguing, and I'd love it if all of it were true.

I totally love it. Yes it is scary at times, but in reality the end of our world is gonna be even scarier. But, I love it more than any of the other books, because where the other ones simply "returned the world to normal," this one allowed it to break that pattern and go beyond "normal" to "extraordinary." Yes, its true, our world will come to a catastrophic end, but, like the creatures who loved Aslan, we also has a hope to move on to the bigger and better world. The world we were meant to live in all along. Anyway, sorry if I ramble on, but that's my personal opinion, and the reason that book is my favorite.

I... seem to be the only athiest here. Actually, I'm leaning toward Agnosticism. But not sure...

However, I really'd love it if there was an afterlife like the one in the Last Battle. "Further up and further in!"

Dont't worry Lord Darcey -you're not the only non-Christian here, I too am healthily sceptical.
I think that one reason people feel so passionately about the LB is that it does contain the promise of the 'next place', and for me personally that conjours up a huge range of emotions- the wanting it to be true but then not being able to believe that it actually is.

>.< This sounds really screwed up, but I was delusional for three years. In my delusion, I sort of constructed a world how I wanted it to be, and a lot of it was based on the end of LB.

Doesn't sound strange to me at all! I can see where you're coming from- the end of the LB provides a great deal of comfort, so if you can wrap yourself up in it totally then you're bound to feel better about things. It's part of the great power of the written word, and i understand you totally! :)

While the Last battle creeped me out, I still liked it. But it was very sad, and not the way I usually like to end a book series. I think the reason it creeped me out because thats, but even worse, whats going to happen to earth. I also love that picture of the unicorn with the blood dripping from his horn, from the cover of one of the editions of TLB. It's very iconic! :)

I was disappointed with the way that LB ended. No disrespect towards C.S. Lewis, because he did write seven books that I truly consider to be some of the greatest stories of all time, but I felt that the very end of the book was sort of a cop-out. It just seemed that he had spent so much time and detail going over every aspect of Narnia and everything that had happened in their adventures, only to end it basically saying that what happened next was just so beautiful he could'nt begin to describe it. I just felt that it shouldn't have ended that way.

I LOVE THE LAST BATTLE!!! I think that Lewis gave heaven a lot of thought; wouldn’t it ruin the whole thing if he explained it too in depth? I don’t know, I have always loved Revelation and I guess it would follow that I also love TLB. No, it did not scare me or freak me out.

Last edited:
I was originally really devastated by what was hapening to Narnia. After reading all of the other stories, I had really grown to like it. At the end, though, I thought that this heavan was wanderful, but in a creepy way.

Not really....

(hi! i'm a new joiner and this is my first time so be easy on me...)

I personlly adore the last battle. I thought is was beautifully written and couldn't stop crying happy tears upon reading Lewis' description of heaven. I did find moments of the book scary though, especially the description of the dwarves' blind disbelief in Aslan's presence. It makes me wonder if I ever accidentally missed out on something and was ... left behind!

You know what Ithilien- i felt exactly the same the first time i read LB, almost as though there was this big conspiracy and other people got to carry on reading the stories, but not me.
WElcome to the site, i like your use of the name Ithilien, it's such a nice word!

"Left Behind"

thanx Rosymole! It's a place in Lord of the Rings.

To Aragorn: I wasn't intentionally referring to the books "Left Behind". I've only heard about them recently, but have never read them. They seem quite popular. Are they good?

Ithilien said:
thanx Rosymole! It's a place in Lord of the Rings.

Really? No, I did know that, it's nice to see it used as a 'name' for a person rather than a place, that was what i meant!

Back