Eragon/Eldest/Brisingr- Christopher Paolini III - Post all Eragon here

Yeah... That's a great plan because I bet Eragon wants to go back to the elves.

My favourite characters are probably Arya and Saphira. :D

4th Book release date

There is no release date as of today.

However, it's about half done.

The official email said Chris had just finished working on a pivotal scene where......

Okay stopping there, it's spoilerish.

I love the books! I enjoyed the movie somewhat, but the book will always be better to me. I noticed that they cut a lot of the violent stuff out, but they have to make movies approvable to certain audiences, but I wish it could've made it more faithful to the book that way.

I am actually re-reading Eragon right now, because it's been awhile since I've read it. I am really happy that Christopher Paolini is writing a fourth book in the series.

I just read the first one again, and have now decided that it's the best one, and I really can't be bothered to read Brisingr, Eldest was bad enough. I've got over halfway through Brisingr, but it sucks so I don't want to, it ruins Christopher Paolini for me, it makes them seem like he's a bad author. :mad:

I just read the first one again, and have now decided that it's the best one, and I really can't be bothered to read Brisingr, Eldest was bad enough. I've got over halfway through Brisingr, but it sucks so I don't want to, it ruins Christopher Paolini for me, it makes them seem like he's a bad author. :mad:

lol, I was intending to re-read those books and I read Eragon then got about halfway through Eldest and went, "......M'kay I'll finish this book some other time..." I never did though.:rolleyes: not enough action in it for me.
Meh, finish the 4th book Paolini! And put more action in it! xD

lol, I was intending to re-read those books and I read Eragon then got about halfway through Eldest and went, "......M'kay I'll finish this book some other time..." I never did though.:rolleyes: not enough action in it for me.
Meh, finish the 4th book Paolini! And put more action in it! xD

i only read rorans part of eldest and brisingr plus the sword making. other then that LAME!!
and the 4th book has to have more actionyness... or else:mad:
:p

I like Arya, Angela, and Katrina. They are super cool. Nasuada however, is a douche bag

Last edited:
i only read rorans part of eldest and brisingr plus the sword making. other then that LAME!!
and the 4th book has to have more actionyness... or else:mad:
:p

I like Arya, Angela, and Katrina. They are super cool. Nasuada however, is a douche bag

LOL! Katrina and Angela are cool but I hate Arya and I cannot stand how Eragon likes her. Argh. >.< I love Murtagh though. I wish he becomes good and doesn't die in the last book. =(

I haven't read the books in a while. I'm planning on reading them again some time this summer but I'm not looking forward to the third book. It's so long and so boring. Christopher Paolini could have cut a lot of that junk out.

You never know if any of that stuff might be relevant later.

We could look back in hindsight having read book 4 thinking something in book 3 was irrevalent when it was setting up something for the next story arc.

You never know if any of that stuff might be relevant later.

We could look back in hindsight having read book 4 thinking something in book 3 was irrevalent when it was setting up something for the next story arc.

Yeah, but he shouldn't have put all that stuff in one book. It was so boring. It took me forever to finish it. I know a lot of people who've given up on his books after they read the third one.

Yeah, but he shouldn't have put all that stuff in one book. It was so boring. It took me forever to finish it. I know a lot of people who've given up on his books after they read the third one.

I originally found all three books to be exciting and intruging. this was because that while I was reading them my great grandma was in the hospital and so I had to go there with my mom almost every day and well.....
lets just say it gave me a reason to appreciate having those books to read- no matter how boring they seem now.:D (though honestly I'd have read them anyhow- they're long books! I finish 200-300 page books waaaaay too fast..... though Eldest and Brisingr would be alot more interesting if they were only that long.... or even only as long as Eragon was....)

There not boring to me...I love them!!! But I do agree with that in Brisingr it could've been shorten a little bit. It's just that when Christopher Paolini began to write Brisingr he thought it would've been the final Inheritance Saga book, but he had more storyline than he thought, that it warranted another book. Let's just hope the final book is epic and exciting, and doesn't go the way of Breaking Dawn.

There not boring to me...I love them!!! But I do agree with that in Brisingr it could've been shorten a little bit. It's just that when Christopher Paolini began to write Brisingr he thought it would've been the final Inheritance Saga book, but he had more storyline than he thought, that it warranted another book. Let's just hope the final book is epic and exciting, and doesn't go the way of Breaking Dawn.

Mm, I like Breaking Dawn overall. The ending was awful though. It was such a fairytale ending. >.< I wanted there to be a fight between Cullens and the vampires that were on their side and the Volturi. I wish the ending is more like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with lots of action and people dying left and right. :eek: I don't want Murtagh to die though. <3

Mm, I like Breaking Dawn overall. The ending was awful though. It was such a fairytale ending. >.< I wanted there to be a fight between Cullens and the vampires that were on their side and the Volturi. I wish the ending is more like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with lots of action and people dying left and right. :eek: I don't want Murtagh to die though. <3

Yes that's what I was talking about, because there was no good ending battle sequence, and it was a big cop-out. It had the buildup of this big battle and nothing happened. It didn't have any sad deaths or any survivors morning the deaths and that the evil was done like with Harry Potter. Harry Potter is such a brilliant series, JKR created such a wonderful world that had surprises around every corner, the ending was powerful, sad, and very epic.

Harry Potter remains one of my favorite bookseries and forever will. It will always be surpreme over the Twilight Saga anyday. I really can't wait for the 4th and final book in the Inheritance Saga.

Yes that's what I was talking about, because there was no good ending battle sequence, and it was a big cop-out. It had the buildup of this big battle and nothing happened. It didn't have any sad deaths or any survivors morning the deaths and that the evil was done like with Harry Potter. Harry Potter is such a brilliant series, JKR created such a wonderful world that had surprises around every corner, the ending was powerful, sad, and very epic.

Harry Potter remains one of my favorite bookseries and forever will. It will always be surpreme over the Twilight Saga anyday. I really can't wait for the 4th and final book in the Inheritance Saga.

I agree! I used to be this HUGE Twilight fan but then Breaking Dawn came out making me a little less of a fan...and then the Twilight movie came out which I thought was a huge fail. I didn't even watch the entire movie I thought it was so bad.

Speaking of bad movies I'm not that huge a fan of the HP movies. They're awful compared to the books since there's so much stuff and it can't all fit into a movie. XD Most people don't like the movie for Eragon either. I liked it for some reason. Although I did watch it a long time ago, so maybe I won't like it anymore. :p

So anyways, who do you think the last dragon's going to go to?

Mmmm... Mega hard question! I dunno, maybe Eragon and Murtagh have another brother/sister?! XD lol

Harry Potter is so much better than everything else! I love it. JK Rowling is a legend.

Back