The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

Im a huge lotr fan i cant decide wich is better lotr or narnia i have the extended dvd set and i try to watch it every weekend. ive read the books at least 10 times but my local libary dosent hold the unfinished tales and stuff.
I ve read narnia about 20 times and each time in both of the books i find something new lol im only just 13. I got locked out of the lord of the rings fan club because at first my membership stuff didnt work so now im going to make a new email address and try agian!

Hi, guys. Sorry I haven't been here for a while, but now I have something really exciting to tell ya'll!!
You see, I was on councilofelrond.com and I saw a contest for getting the Limited Editions of LotR. So, I submitted just for the fun of it. Can you imagine my shock when I saw that I had won?!?!? So that's cool. My only regret is that Mom is probably going to make me get rid of my precious EE. Waah! Ah well. Such is life.

Lord of the Rings is an fantastic story about good vs evil and about how absolute power corrupts absolutely. Thought I love Narnia more, LOTOR is my second favorite fantasy story and the movies themselves are timeless and worth watching over and over again. Also I reccomend that anyone who is a LOTOR fan to pick up Battle For Middle Earth II for the PC or Xbox 360. "For Frodo" Aragorn-Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

PrinceOfTheWest said:
That's cool! I never win anything. What is a Limited Edition, and how does it differ from an EE?

umm, as far as I know the only reason why it's different is because there are bloopers *finally* and there are a few more documentaries. I haven't got them yet (grr) but I'll update ya when I do.

Sheesh, doesn't anyone visit here anymore? Anyhoo, I got the LE today, and I'm a bit disappointed. The documentary isn't divided into chapters and is over 40 minutes long. The bloopers are just sprinkled throughout the documentary. Ah well, the good feeling from winning something is still here, and that's what counts (for me).

Hey anyone who is a die-hard Lord of the Rings fan should check out the 5oth aniversary editon of all three books. But I must warn that is $100!

I've read the whole series-from the Hobbit to Return of the King-two times. If I were to say which time I liked them better...hmmmm...well, I think the first, just because I hadn't watched the movies and it didn't effect my opinion on the books...well, the second time was good too. It's hard to decide since LOTR is good anytime you read it. (Just don't read Return of the King if you're not in the 'battle' mood!!! :D )

I have read The Hobbit, and I am currently reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I am in the Council of Elrond chapter right now, and I am a little confused about locations. The maps at the beginning of the book are not quite large enough and therefore and I cannot find where Moria is supposed to be or where the towers of Gondor are either. If anybody knows their location in regards to Mordor or knows of a better map I can look at, please tell me.

I am enjoying the book very much, however. There are quite a few questions from The Hobbit that are being answered.

Hey anyone who is a die-hard Lord of the Rings fan should check out the 5oth aniversary editon of all three books. But I must warn that is $100!

I WANT IT!!!!! *sobs, then brightens* Maybe I could afford it. I'll have to take a quick look at it on google...

Right here! I love LotR--both the movies and the books. There's just so much in there to learn about. Tolkien's work is just so amazing. I've read the books four times each, I think, and I've read 'The Silmarillion', 'Unfinished Tales', and some of the histories of Middle Earth. This doesn't count all the movie guides, art of the movies, and whatnot. :p

One of the biggest surprises in my life was to learn that two of my fave authors - JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis were friends. It was very interesting for me to learn that.

I love lord of the rings! I have read the books multiple times as well as the silmarilion twice. I have also read several of the history books such as the Book of Lost Tales. They are by far my favorite books ever (besides the Bible).

I love LOTR!!! Absolutely crazy about it...actually, my whole family is. My parents included. And there are a lot of LOTR fans here....as I think you probably discovered... :)

LOTR and Narnia kinda go together, in my book[shelf]. I love LOTR, the Sil, the Book of Lost Tales, the Unfinished Tales, etc. I wish he had had more time to write before he'd died.

Back