My fourth Warrior Kitten's book: The Wolfprince's Revenge

How would you rate "The Wolfprince's Revenge"?

• 5 stars- Loved it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 stars- liked it/it was okay

• 2 stars- didn't like it

• 1 star- hated it

• Total voters
First, Flower led them to the tent where Caspian had been working.
“The White Cat thinks you’ll be able to use this better than Khain.” She said solemnly as they came to the table with the bomb on it. The destructive device was no bigger than Caspian’s head, but more deadly than any rain of arrows or forest of sharpened steel he knew. Gingerly he wrapped it in a towel and set it gently in a basket which he put over his head so that he could more easily carry it as they ran.
“Now what?” asked Blossom.
Flower grinned, “Now I lead another escape from this cursed place. After Khain is gone you should really put up a sign marking where his camp used to be, so that nobody’ll ever forget what happened there.” The young she cat said, suddenly serious again. “Now hurry!”

Flower shot through the forest like an arrow, Caspian and Blossom matching her step for step, calling on reserves of energy they didn’t know they had.
Flower noticed them looking surprised that they could keep going and she laughed and said cheerily, “It’s the White Cat’s power! Isn’t it wonderful?”
Caspian did not reply as he dashed through the forest, marveling at the speed of his paws and at the fact that he never ran out of breath or felt tired.

This strange strength that they got from the White Cat continued until they stood only feet from Reandalawo’s gate. Here Flower stopped them and smiled sadly at them.
“I have to go now. I did what I was supposed to and now I have to go back. Angels can’t stay in the realm of the living forever y’know.”
“Angels?” asked Caspian.
“Yep. That’s what I am and that’s what you’ll be someday when you get up there. A guardian angel for some lucky little cat.”
“I’ll always protect Mozart.” Said Caspian firmly.
Flower shook her head, “Someday you won’t have to protect her from anything anymore, Caspian, and then I’m sure that whoever you get to be an angel for will never have anything happen to them, because you’ll always be trying to keep them safe!”
“You’re Caspian’s guardian angel then?” asked Blossom.
“I’m the guardian of my family, and boy is it work! That’s partly why I was so keen to get you two back here, so that I can keep all of you in one place! Well, not exactly you Blossom, no offense, but you have somebody else watching over you I guess. I just volunteered first.” The young pale gray striped she-cat smiled one last time at them, then white downy wings spread up from her back and she started to lift off the ground.
“Where’d you get wings from, Flower?” called Caspian as she started to disappear.
“Angel wing rentals!” she laughed back down to him.

And then, she was gone.

Mhmm.:D My favorite part of that section is the "Angel Wing Rentals" part that I added almost as an afterthought while writing it. That line sprung from my mom telling me that she and one of her friends think there are going to be places where you can rent angel wings in Heaven. And there was that problem of how Flower would get back... so I smushed them together.:D That section was just all-around fun to write though.

And so was this next one:

Chapter thirty five
Lily

There was much rejoicing when the Reandalawoins found Caspian and Blossom outside the fortress. By the time they had reached the castle it had been about an hour after sunrise but it was only a few hours later in the safety of the castle that Caspian saw a line of wolves peering out of the woods. He shuddered, glad that they were out of that horrible place.
The bomb he had placed under the highest guard in one of the unused storehouses outside the Main Building of Reandalawo. Even though it wasn’t finished it was still unpredictable and could explode if it was dropped or touched in the wrong place or exposed to certain chemicals. So Caspian himself called all the endlessly curious young creatures of Reandalawo together and specifically told them that if they entered that storehouse they would die.
Needless to say there were no break ins to that particular storehouse for a long time.

They discovered around later that the rescue mission had come none too soon, for that afternoon Blossom went into labor. However it would be many agonizingly slow hours until she would give birth.
“How much longer?” Toto would demand whenever one of the she-cats helping walked out of his house where Blossom was giving birth.
“You can’t rush such a thing.” Most of them replied coolly as they hurried past to get more towels or water or herbs.
Rita was in charge of the she-cats who were helping. In addition Mozart and Dorthy were also there. Caspian sat outside the house silently, his face a mask as he watched his brother pace back and forth in front of the entrance. He had no encouraging words to offer his brother, for he could only guess the things they had put Blossom through at that horrible camp.

Finally Mozart walked out, looking haggard. Before Toto could ask anything she said, “It’s going badly. I don’t know what Khain did to her but I’d like to give him a piece of my mind right now!”
“Will they… will she live?” asked Toto, though he was fearful of the answer.
Mozart lifted her head and looked at him with her wide blue eyes which were now so serious. “I promise you Toto I will not let more of my family die because of Khain. Even if I have to plead for her life to the White Cat before the gates of Death I will not let Blossom die.” She vowed, her tiny body shaking fiercely.
Mozart left them to go back and help. Another tense hour passed. Not even the wind blew now, for it was as if the entire world was holding its breath.

Sorry, I'd forgotten that I've already written way ahead of this part, you just haven't READ way ahead of it.:p
This update is from page 148. The part I'm working on writing is on page 160 exactly. Forty more pages and I reach 200 pages. W00T!

Suddenly a single piercing scream rent the air. Toto leapt up and stared at the door in fear. Caspian lifted his head for a moment, then buried it back in his paws.
“It’s my fault,” he whispered, “All my fault.”

Toto could bear it no longer. He threw open the door of the room and stared. Blossom was lying on a bed in the middle of a group of she cats. Out of the corner of his eye he could see two still, small bundles wrapped in cloth, then his attention flickered back to his wife.
The line of cats had thinned. Rita walked forward, carrying something very small in her arms. She smiled at him as she approached.
“Come to meet your daughter have you Toto?”
Gently she handed him the tiny bundle. Two wide blue eyes stared up at him and a little mouth opened to reveal tiny white teeth.

His daughter.

She had pale blond fur with darker patches of pale golden orange and a little pink nose and soft paws, still damp from her birth.
“She was born with her eyes open,” Rita was saying, “But other than that she seems fine. Khain’s poisons must not have reached her.”
The precious kit sneezed then reached up a paw to touch Toto’s face. He smiled down at her and took the paw in one of his.
“Has her mother seen her?” he asked.
“No, Blossom’s unconscious.” Seeing the fear in her son’s eyes she quickly reassured him, “She’ll be fine in a couple of hours. Giving birth is taxing to every she-cat, let alone one that’s been through what poor Blossom has. She’ll need time to recover.”
Toto nodded then gave his attention back to his tiny daughter.
“What’cha gonna name her?” asked Dorthy, who was peeking over one of his shoulders.
“I’ll wait until her mother’s awake to officially name her, but…”
“But what?” asked Mozart, who had come up beside him.
“But if I were to choose on my own… I’d call her Lily, in honor of her mother and Flower, the aunt she’ll never meet in this world.”
“I think Blossom would like that.” Mozart whispered with a smile.

****​

“Caspian? Ca-a-aspian! Where are you?” Mozart called into the dark night.
“Over here.” Came her brother’s dejected voice.
“Aren’t you going in?” she asked, confused at his lack of enthusiasm.
“For what? To torture myself further?” he snapped.
Mozart suddenly realized what her brother feared. “You thought… Oh Caspian! They lived! Blossom and one of the kits lived! You have a beautiful little niece! Or rather we do.”
“There were others?”
“Didn’t make it into the world.” Mozart said flatly, “But…”
“And I’m to blame.” Caspian cut her off then buried his face in his paws.
“No more than I am for leaving you that rescue night.” She replied softly, laying her paw on his shoulder.
“Maybe,” he said, “But will Toto, Blossom and the kit see it that way?”
“You know they’d never blame you. Blossom and Toto know that you did what you could, and they’ll tell Lily that too.”
He looked at her, “Lily?”
“That’s what Toto wants to name her.”
Caspian looked back down at his paws, “Lot like her mom’s name.” he mumbled.
“Yes, the tiny lily comes from the tired blossom. Fitting, eh?”
“And they’ll both live?”
“Of course.” Mozart assured him confidently.
“What does she look like?”
“Why don’t you see for yourself?”

Toto’s voice startled him. His brother held a tiny bundle in his arms.
“N-no thanks.” Said Caspian, backing away.
“Oh but she’ll like you. Crazy old uncle Caspian, the one who saved her and her mother from Khain before she was born.”
“But only after they were tortured and nearly died anyway.” Caspian said sadly.
“Na!”
A tiny squeak interrupted them. Little Lily had turned in her blanket and was staring directly at Caspian, as if she understood what he was saying and was trying to deny what he telling them.
“Ca!” she squeaked again, then looked at imploringly at her father, “Toe! Ca!” she pointed at Caspian.
“She knows your names!” Mozart laughed.
Lily turned briefly to Mozart, “Mo!”
“And mine!” Mozart laughed harder.
“No kit this young can do that.” Said Toto in a confused voice, “I wonder if some of those chemicals did reach her…”
“At least they don’t seem to be having the desired affect!” smiled Mozart.
Caspian peered at his little niece from a distance, “She’s beautiful, Toto.” He said softly.
Lily smiled at him, then snuggled back into her father’s arms to sleep.
“She’s going to be a remarkable little cat someday.” Said Mozart.
Toto smiled lovingly at the tiny sleeping bundle, “She already is.”

****​

Aw, that was sweet. I hope Caspian can forgive himself.

Well with a little help....;)

Lily was indeed a remarkable kitten. A week after she was born she could walk almost as well as the adults and her mind was as quick as an arrow. She could talk as well as her parents by her second week and was forever afterward constantly asking questions.
“Why does fruit grow on trees and bushes instead of on the ground like grass? What do ‘amazing’, ‘incredible’ and ‘miracle’ mean and why does everybody say I am those things? Why doesn’t Khain like us? How come we can see with our eyes and not our noses or ears? Why can’t Jay see? What are the walls made of?” ect. ect.

Her favorite and most asked question and the one that nobody could or would quite answer was, “Why doesn’t uncle Caspian like me?”
Caspian had hardly ever spoken to her and avoided her whenever possible. When he saw her his guilt at what had happened in Khain’s camp was awakened and a haunted, fearful look arrested his face and he quickly turned away. Unfortunately this confused his curious little niece to no end and she began to be afraid that she had done something to make him act that way around her. As of yet nobody had told her about what had happened to her mother and her before she was born in Khain’s camp, for despite her obvious intelligence Toto and Blossom did not believe that she would understand and they wanted to preserve her innocence a little longer.

So finally the little cat decided to find out herself. She cornered Caspian one day when he was in the ever-expanding graveyard, looking at one of the stones.
“What’cha doin’ uncle Caspian?”
Caspian jumped, then glared at her, “Don’t do that!” he hissed, then turned and tried to walk away, hoping she would be put off by his warning.
But Lily was determined. She jumped in front of him and swayed unsteadily for a moment, then righted herself. Then she asked a question that she thought was so direct that Caspian must answer it.
“Why don’t you like me?” she demanded.
“Who told you I didn’t like you?” asked Caspian, who was now surprised and angry that someone would say that to her about him.
“Nobody. I figured it out on my own.” She announced.
Caspian was taken aback, “Why do you think that?”
“You never talk to me, you leave whenever I’m around, you, you…” she searched for a word, “Don’t pay attention to me!”
“Oh I pay plenty of attention to you Lily, but I suppose its not… not the right kind.”
“What do you mean?” it was Lily’s turn to be confused.
“I watch you almost constantly Lily, more than I watch Mozart now, you just don’t know because you never sense me.
“Like an angel?”
“Yeah… kinda.” Said Caspian awkwardly.
“But why don’t you play with me like Dorthy and take care of me when I’m hurt like Mozart? Why don’t you show me your big sword like daddy does? Why don’t you sing to me like Ribbony or rock me to sleep like Gramma Rita and mama do?”
“I don’t know. I guess I’m just a bad uncle, aren’t I? Caspian sighed.

Silence reigned. Finally Lily broke it.
“What were you looking at? What’s so interesting about that funny rock with the scribbles on it?”
“That funny rock with scribbles on it is called a tombstone- a marker so we remember where dead creatures are buried- and that tombstone happens to be my older sister Flower’s.”
“Oh. I’m sorry. Why did she die?” asked Lily, looking at him with eyes that were still baby blue.
“She died because Khain hurt her when she was escaping from his camp with a group of kits she had set free from there.” He closed his eyes, but a tear escaped them nonetheless.
A little paw hesitantly wiped it away. Caspian opened his eyes and saw Lily staring at him with those wide innocent eyes, her paw still outstretched. She looked so much like Mozart had when they were little kittens and he had gotten a scratch play fighting and was trying not to show how much it hurt.
“It’s not bad to cry, Caspian.” She would always tell him.
“Maybe not for a she-cat, but tomcats aren’t supposed to cry.”
Mozart would shake her head, “No, Myrrh says that everybody cries. She says that she even saw the White Cat cry once and he’s a tomcat!”
“Well he’s different…” Caspian would protest.
Mozart would only smile at him, “No, its not. Crying helps you feel better Caspian, you should do it more often.”

Since then Caspian realized he had cried a lot. Not in public of course, but in the safety of his room or high in the branches of a tall tree he had often allowed tears to flow freely down his face. Now he sighed, what kind of an uncle was he? He ignored his only niece in public and now he cried in front of her!

Oh, Caspian. I want to give him a hug.:p

I think its a mark of a good book when the author manages to make the characters lovable and real enough that people want to hug them, so, thanks.:D

“Is she with the White Cat?”
“What?” he asked, startled out of his thoughts.
“Your big sister, is she with the White Cat?” Lily asked again patiently.
“Most of the time.” Caspian said, “Except when…” he hesitated.
“When what?” asked Lily.
“Except when she came to help me and your mother escape from Khain’s camp.” Caspian said heavily.
Lily’s eyes widened, “She helped you and mama escape? When?”
“When your mother was pregnant with you. In Khain’s camp… they did stuff to her, stuff that makes you the way you are now.” Caspian said carefully.
“What do you mean, ‘the way I am now’?” Lily demanded.
“I mean… you’re not like other kittens. You act more mature and learn things faster than kittens twice your age, its… different.”
Lily nodded, “So Khain made me this way.” She said slowly.
Caspian stared at her and suddenly felt angry, but not at her.

“No he didn’t! Khain only wanted to hurt you, you’re the way you are because of the White Cat taking care of you. The White Cat protected you, why he let you become the way you are I don’t know, but it was only by the White Cat’s protection that you lived, Lily, believe that.”
Lily stared at him and slowly a smile spread over her little face.
“I’m glad somebody finally had the courage to tell me that. And I’m especially glad it was you.” She said.
Caspian nodded, “Your parents didn’t want you to know… They’ll probably be upset with me…”
“I’ll make sure they aren’t.” she said fiercely, “They should have told me before.”
“They you should know the whole story.” Caspian said in a weary and sad voice.
“That’s not everything?” she asked, confused.
“No. It was… it was my fault your mom and I were there. Khain wanted to use me to make him a weapon, a weapon he was convinced only I could make. It was a weapon he wanted to use to conquer Reandalawo so he knew he would need a bargaining chip to get me to do what he wanted. So he took your mother. He threatened to hurt her and he threatened to hurt you and your siblings who were inside of her. And he did, even though I did what he wanted. I tried to help her, I tried to get Khain to stop but I couldn’t do it… They almost killed Blossom and they did kill your two siblings. I’d have taken Blossom’s place if I could’ve and been tortured instead of her, but I was too valuable.” Caspian clenched his fists, tears beginning to form in his eyes against his will, “If Flower hadn’t gotten us both out when she did you, me and your mother probably wouldn’t be here right now.”
“What about the bomb?” breathed Lily.
“I took it with me. It’s locked up in one of the storehouses here now and under heavy guard.”
“They you still did save us.” She said, her eyes wide as saucers.
Caspian shook his head. “Don’t you get it though? It was my fault all those bad things happened! Its my fault your mother got hurt and your siblings died and its my fault that you almost died too.”
Lily took one of his big paws in her two little ones. “Oh no Caspian, you were the one who helped save us! If it wasn’t for you mama and I could be dead now. You did everything you could. Thank you.”
Caspian stared at her uncomprehendingly, “What?”
“I said, Thank you.” Lily repeated, “Thank you for doing what you did. It was never your fault.”
Then the little cat wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him gently.
“I love you uncle Caspian.” She whispered, “You’re just about the best uncle I could ever have.”
Caspian stared down at her for a moment longer, then smiled and picked up the little cat in a hug.
“I love you too, Lily.” He whispered back.

Aw! Yay!:) That almost made me teary. Excellent job.

:eek: Gee, thanks.:eek:

Chapter thirty six
I will believe​

Caspian, however, was not the only one of his siblings who had a few things to sort out.
Two days after Lily’s birth Mozart was heading up to check on the walltop defenses when she heard a familiar voice calling to her. Turning, she saw Jay running towards her. It never ceased to amaze her how well the young, blind tomcat could get around Reandalawo, even if she had helped him learn how to. She had never told Jay this though.
When Jay reached her he stared in her direction, his unseeing eyes focusing a little above her head as they always did- as if he constantly forgot how small Mozart was.
“I’ve been looking for you!” he gasped, “I need to talk to you about something, very important.”
“What is it?” Mozart sounded worried, for she thought it must be some sort of security problem.
“I… its-its kind of a private thing.” He said hesitantly.
“Okay,” said Mozart, a little perplexed, “We can go to the orchard, nobody’ll notice us there.”
He nodded. As they walked Mozart searched his face, trying to find answers there. All she saw though was a blank mask with dull unseeing eyes staring at nothing but perpetual darkness. When they reached the shelter of the trees they stopped walking and turned towards each other.
Jay sat down, then his eyes once again focused slightly above Mozart’s head and he said, “I’ve been learning a lot about the White Cat recently. Ribbony and his siblings are good teachers and you’ve told me many things about him too.” Mozart’s heart skipped a beat as she realized where his was going with this conversation, “I think I’ve learned enough. At least as much as I can on my own and with Ribbony. I-I want to learn the rest of what I need to know with you,” He said awkwardly, “Not just in a friendly way either, but I’ll get to that later. Anyway… can you, I mean, do you think… well, you see Ribbony said there’s something special that you have to say to become a friend of the White Cat, or that you should say, so that you know you’ve made the decision, you’re not just thinking that you have. But he said that since he had met the White Cat that he never had to say anything, but he said that you had and that you’ll be able to tell me what to do better than he can.”
Mozart took a deep breath, trying not to let herself seem nervous. She had led armies into battle and fought terrifying foes but when it came to the White Cat she always felt like a little kit just learning to walk; unsteady and scared. It was only when he spoke through her- when He was using her to do his will- was she completely sure of what she was doing. She might know all the stories, have learned about the White Cat from experts and those who knew him as a best friend but she was still young and inexperienced.

Just like Jay.

“Jay… you’re sure, right? I mean, this is a big decision and you’ll have to live by it for the rest of your life; you can’t just give up when it gets tough, you have to follow it through faithfully. Do you understand?”
“I-I understand.” He steadied his voice, “I’m ready.”
Mozart swallowed her own anxiety. ‘I could use some help right about now Mr. White Cat…’ desperately she tried to recall the words Myrrh had helped her pray when she was a tiny kitten to ask the White Cat to be her friend. All her expertise and sureness seemed to have vanished though and she was left stabbing in the dark, scared of making a mistake.
“Okay then. This is what you do.” Her voice sounded surprisingly calm, “Say, ‘Dear Mr. White Cat’,”
“Dear Mr. White Cat.”
“I come to you today, asking to be yours,”
“I come to you today, asking to be yours.” He repeated.
“I wish to become yours so that you can do with me what you will while I am alive in this world. I want you to take care of me while I walk in the dark places, I want your hope that shines through in hard times that others lack and crave, I want you to be my Father and for you to watch over me always.”
Jay repeated every word.
“Please come and help me on this walk of life until I go to be with you at the end of my time. Live in me and with me forever, I beg you. Amen.”
“Amen.”

As they finished the prayer Jay opened his eyes that he didn’t know had been closed and blinked slowly. He felt different, and somehow everything else did too.
Then he realized what was different. He could see. Mozart stood looking up at him with curious and hopeful blue eyes and for the first time he could actually see her.

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for; one of the most awkward romance/love scenes I have ever written. I am seriously not cut out for writing romance.:rolleyes:

She was even more amazing and beautiful than he had imagined. She was no larger than a young kit and her fur looked soft and downy. Dark stripes crossed over the lighter fur on her sides and tail, and her head was also covered in dark fur. Her eyes were a deep blue, like the bottom of a clear pond.

“Jay, are you alright?” she was watching him with concern now. Jay tore his gaze from her and looked around for the first time since coming to Reandalawo. Trees rose over them, some with pink and white blossoms still visible on their branches. Bushes crowded between the tree trunks, jostling each other for sunlight. He was standing on a light green moss that looked as soft as it felt.
“I-I… I can see.” He whispered incredulously.
Suddenly he heard a voice whisper into his ear. At first he thought it was just the wind, but when he strained his ears he could discern words.
‘Your sight will not last, my son. I do not want you to forget what it is like to wander in the dark- for it will allow you to help others who hunger for my love like you have someday. Yet this gift I will give to you; I will allow you to see in the moments when you most need to. This will be the longest time. In one week you will become blind again. Never lose hope though and remember this moment when you are in despair.’

It had taken Mozart that much time to understand the full meaning of what Jay had said. When she did however her eyes widened in awe.
“It’s a gift! From the White Cat! It must be!”
Jay shook his head as the voice drifted away, “Yes, it is. And now, Mozart, I must ask you something that I tried to ask you before. Then you rejected me, and I think I see (no pun intended, you understand) why now. Yet I will ask again and perhaps this time you will say yes. Mozart, will you marry me?”
Mozart’s eyes widened ever further, “Jay… I-I don’t know what to say, I mean… I…” she took a deep breath and smiled at him, “Yes. Yes, I will marry you Jay.”
Such a joy came into Jay’s eyes then that Mozart had to laugh. Her eyes twinkled with merriment and he took one of her little paw’s in one of his bigger ones.
“Well, shall we go tell the others what has happened?” he said, grinning at her.
“Why yes,” said Mozart, lifting her head, “Yes we shall.”

:D

Chapter thirty seven
A wedding to remember​

Six days later the wedding preparations were finished. Everything was ready for the monumental marriage ceremony that was to take place between Jay, the miracle cat and Mozart the Meerkitten, the champion of Reandalawo. Lily was the flower-kitten, Blossom and Dorthy were the bridescats, Caspian and Toto were the best tomcats and Bee was the one conducting the ceremony. Benches had been set up in the glade just outside of the orchard where the ceremony was to take place. A podium had been set up underneath two huge oak trees whose trunk’s curved inward to form an archway.
The animals of Reandalawo only wore clothing (besides cloaks of course) for special occasions. Since this counted as a special occasion though everyone was dressed up in the best clothes that they could find. Jay was fidgeting nervously in a dark purple shirt with a black suit jacket on top of it. His hair was combed so much that it shone, and a shock of it on top of his head had been pulled down so that it shrouded his eyes mysteriously, but not so much that he couldn’t see. His eyes were bright and joy shown on his face so that it seemed like a beam of sunlight had descended on it.

It was Mozart, however, who stole the attention of everyone as she walked up the aisle. Lily trotted in front of her, throwing flowers out of a little basket she carried and dressed in a white, almost transparent little dress. Mozart herself was dressed in a dark purple dress, with her white cloak streaming out behind her. On her head was a coronet of woodland flowers and on her belt she wore her sword and her other treasures. Jako walked beside her in a dark red-orange suit, his smile almost splitting his face.

Bee stood behind the podium, his curly dirty-blond hair combed and slicked back underneath a light brown ceremonial jacket. As Mozart and her father reached them he smiled at her and winked. Then Jako went to sit with Rita and Mozart’s older siblings. Jay and Mozart faced each other and the ceremony began.

“Dearest friends young and old I welcome you here to witness the joining of Mozart the Meerkitten and Jay of Freedom Forest. Now, if you two would please take each other’s paws, good.” At this point the vows began and they are similar to those vows which humans take. After the vows came the joining, in which both creatures would offer up a treasure that they had to the other in a gesture of good faith and love. Jay had very few things of value, for most of them had been taken from him during his captivity with Khain. However there was one thing that had no monetary or worldly value, but was worth more than a bag of gold to Jay that they young tomcat still had. They were his father’s old reading glasses.
Mozart also had something very special to give. As they reached into their pockets to take out their tokens she brought out a little glowing blue stone that had a string around it, creating a rather battered looking necklace. Looking at it there wasn’t much special about it that one could see, but that was the point; its value was invisible, literally. For this was Mozart’s blue invisibility stone that Myrrh had given her at the start of her very first adventure.

“You may exchange your Trust Tokens now.” Said Bee.
Gently, Jay set the glasses on Mozart’s little face. She ginned at him, her eyes full of laughter as the battered spectacles almost fell off, then she dropped the little stone on its string into his open paw.
Bee smiled at them both, then said, “In the name of the Great White Cat I now pronounce you married. May your days together be long and fruitful, and may you enjoy each other’s company until the time comes that you must depart from this world and go to the realm of the eternal.”
A cheer went up from the assembled crowd and Mozart and Jay embraced each other. Caspian and Fireheart set off fireworks and there was a grand feast to celebrate.

Gotta love weddings.:)

Yes, but enough with this happy stuff! We're in a war, afterall!:p

Unfortunately however the merrymaking was not to last. For about halfway through the festivities there was a BOOM as a battering ram hit the great gate with a force that it had never felt before. The night had grown very dark indeed, but as they peered over the walls all the Reandalawoins could see the thousands of torches that Khain’s wolf army carried and they could all feel the fear and dread of the great wolf come upon them.

“This has to end.” Muttered Mozart fiercely.
Jay nodded, “Couldn’t he have left us alone for our wedding?” he growled.
Mozart sighed sadly, “Evil doesn’t care about our special events. I wouldn’t be surprised if Khain had planned this attack. Afterall the Wolfprince was due to get revenge after that miraculous escape Caspian and Blossom made a few weeks ago.”
Jay stared at her in surprise. Her body was tense underneath the beauty of her wedding dress and her gentle coronet. Her blue eyes blazed with anger, fear and hope and her sword seemed to have drawn itself as she stood there, glaring at the gate that the battering ram pounded mercilessly against. She was so young, yet she knew so much, this little wife of his. She understood war better than he felt he ever would and when it came to such things she had a confidence about her that automatically made her seem stronger than she was. She needed him, he realized, just as he needed her.

Then, as suddenly as the dousing of a flame the vision of her vanished. He had been plunged into blind darkness again. Jay gave a terrified cry and again felt the helplessness that had come with his blindness.
The White Cat had kept his promise.

Being blind during a battle would be rather unpleasant.

That's why I made room exceptions to Jay being blind. Because later in the.... well, I'd better not say that, because that'd be spoiling it.;):p

Oh yes, this next part is.... interesting/fun/intense.:p

Chapter thirty eight
Mozart’s battle

A few days after their wedding Mozart became pregnant, but they didn’t know it until several weeks later. When she found out and started telling others Mozart found that her news elicited a mixture of excitement and anxiety. This was normal she knew, but there was more apprehension at her pregnancy than there had been for any other she-cat in Reandalawo. This was due to her tiny size- for she was no larger than a six-week-old kitten, maybe smaller. How could she give birth to kits when she was as small as one?

The answer (or rather answers) came a few weeks later. It was during another battle with Khain’s forces. Mozart had insisted on going up onto the wall to see how the battle was going and Dorthy had accompanied her.

As Mozart peered down the battlements to the army below she gasped. Shooting pain racked her sides and made her eyes widen with pain. She reached over and grasped Dorthy’s forepaw and pulled her close. Dorthy looked at her sister in alarm, she had never seen her like this before.
“Dorthy,” Mozart gasped, “The kits… they’re coming!”
Dorthy’s eyes widened, “Are you sure?”
Mozart nodded, pain making her tighten her grip on Dorthy’s paw.
“Then we gotta get you outta here! C’mon!” Dorthy started to pull her sister towards the stairs but Mozart just stood there, her eyes glazed with pain.
“Mozart!” Dorthy said urgently. Mozart’s head jerked up and she began to stumble after her sister.

Now from the day Dorthy had found out Mozart was having kits she had been worried. For one thing this was Mozart’s first litter and things were wont to go wrong Dorthy knew. For another thing they were sisters and Dorthy and Mozart shared a deep bond; it was natural for Dorthy to be worried about her little sister. And that was the crux of the matter: Mozart was little. So little that she might not be able to give birth to the kits properly, or that she might die in the process. For those reasons, and the last one especially, Dorthy had always been angry at Jay for making her sister fall in love, for stealing her heart. Mozart was too precious, too important for anything to go wrong!
Well Dorthy was not about to let her sister get hurt, loose her kits or even die during this ordeal; Dorthy was going to help Mozart win this battle.

Leaving Mozart on her bed at their house Dorthy shot off again to get Jay.
She found him preparing things for the wounded. Since he couldn’t fight Jay had taken an interest in healing and had learned quite a lot in the past few weeks, Dorthy reflected- she just hoped it was enough knowledge to help her sister.

“Jay!” she called, “Mozart’s having her kits, your kits!”
Jay stared at her for a moment, his unseeing blue eyes seemed to look through her. “She’s what?” he gasped, then hurriedly he grabbed what were apparently pre-arranged supplies created for this day and hurried over to Dorthy.
“Take me to her.” He commanded.

Back