Welcome to the DLF Cafe

You can't use the Can in that context. At least not until you realize that actually, yes, you can ignore me and refuse to do what I tell you to. But I'll give it a shot.

Or you could ask for, "1,000 Ways to Get Your Trousers Back" at your local library. Or look for it in the local dumpster.

Sorry Glen.

*growls*

1,000 Ways to Get Your Trousers Back is almost certainly in the local dumpster (unless the recycling people or a local nonprofit got to it first). Nonfiction books like that might check out while they're on the "new" shelf, but afterward nobody goes to the humor/self-help sections unless a book by a famous author is sitting there.

I have come to despise the word "homes." Our library now tries to find "homes" for things we get rid of. Like books. And plants. And small children abandoned near the puppet set.

Only because he keeps homing pigeons. And because he can play really annoying songs on the violin over and over again.

Sound Director: "So, about your theme song-"
Sherlock: "I don't trust you. Your music sucks. I'm going to do it myself." *plays violin*

Is it really that surprising?

Very little is surprising if you use the entire universe as a context. But if you do that audibly, it will frighten the populace. Believe me.

Back