Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I love the movies, but haven't read the books yet

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I'm all about the movies - forget the books

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • What books?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm mostly about the books. I love the movies too, but there's a certain magic in the books that can never totally be captured on film.

I like the movies in the same way I enjoy good fanfiction. They are someone else's interpretation of Narnia (and I may not fully agree with them), but they can be interesting and enjoyable in their own right.

I'm mostly about the books. I've seen LWW but not Prince Caspian yet. The movie was great in it's way, but the book will always be first for me.

Last edited:
I'm mostly about the books. I've seen LWW but not Prince Caspian yet. Thhe movie was great in it's way, but the book will always be first for me.
Yah, I agree with you ... the books are awesome. When you see PC, be sure to let us know what you think of it.

I read the books when I was a teen... and believe me, I'm the type of person that will go to a movie before a book usually, (I've never read LOTR, but loved the movies, the book, sadly still sitting on my self unread.)

Now, I've read all of the Narnia books, and I saw the BBC versions of the four books, which was happy about when I saw them. But of course, with LWW and PC out they are way better, but I was really nitpicking on PC when I very first saw it, but I'm not so bad about it (because I thought they kinda went off course). I only hope VDT won't be as bad as PC, and with Disney not helping Wedia but Fox, I don't really want to see hum, a POTC version of it with Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustance, and Reepicheep.

But the books do let you go into the world, make you have you're own thoughts, unlike the movies, that's true. But also at the same time, C.S. Lewis in some parts of the books did leave different things unclear, at times, the movies can bring these points up. So, I guess anyone can take the good with the bad with both book and movie. But I'll still read the books no matter how many movies they make, or how many times I may watch them.

They might have it out with the storm scene, with a lot of comedic moments from Eustace being all pouty. That'd be great. :D

Jenn1 said:
I don't really want to see hum, a POTC version of it with Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustance, and Reepicheep.
I do -- I think a kind of PoTC flair would be great for VDT. I mean, not the same themes clearly, but the same style. Swashbuckling high seas adventure! With a sea serpent. Cool.

Which would NOT include myself! I never even heard of the series until I went to see LWW with my 5th grade class because it would be one of the books that we would be reading that year. :p

Mainly its the same for me too. I went to see the movie with my parents and fell in love with the magical land of Narnia.;)

I got addicted to it very quickly and though the books are better, I give credit to the movies for starting my Narnia obsesion.:D

I like both the books and the films.
If I had to choose between the books and the films, I would choose the books, though. :D

See, this is what I'm talking about when I say, "Die-hard fans." :rolleyes:
why, thank you truman!!!:D besides, mostly about the books is ahead, did you notice that? We also don't need hollywood to tell us what a good story looks like!!

Then we can certainly throw out The Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, and The Godfather.

Oh, did I mention all the above were based on books? :rolleyes:
We certainly can!! I don't care for any of them.

...they are based on books... so?

I enjoy both pretty much equally, although if it hadn't been for the movies, I probably would never have read the books in the first place. Nor would I have ever found this place.
It's a pretty close tie though, I think.

We certainly can!! I don't care for any of them.
Wow, that completely proves my point on the other thread about Narnia book fans. If you don't care for these movies, then you are in the minority (a very small minority) of book fans. Thus, the majority of people who've watched the movies are not readers of the book, which was my entire point. You responded saying that I'm "always wrong," but you kind of confirmed what I said originally. :) Thanks!

As for them being based on books, "The Shawshank Redemption" is the highest-rated movie on IMDb (#1), "The Godfather" in the top 10, and Braveheart somewhere in the top 50. If the majority liked the movies, based on books, that proves my second point: Hollywood can "tell us what a good story looks like," because these "good stories" were once books that people loved to read, and the movies made from the books were even more loved than the books themselves... by the majority. ;)

Wow, that completely proves my point on the other thread about Narnia book fans. If you don't care for these movies, then you are in the minority (a very small minority) of book fans. Thus, the majority of people who've watched the movies are not readers of the book, which was my entire point. You responded saying that I'm "always wrong," but you kind of confirmed what I said originally. :) Thanks!

As for them being based on books, "The Shawshank Redemption" is the highest-rated movie on IMDb (#1), "The Godfather" in the top 10, and Braveheart somewhere in the top 50. If the majority liked the movies, based on books, that proves my second point: Hollywood can "tell us what a good story looks like," because these "good stories" were once books that people loved to read, and the movies made from the books were even more loved than the books themselves... by the majority. ;)
the majority CAN be wrong. Ample is the way that leads to perdition, and MANY go through it. Narrow is the way to salvation, and very few go through it. I hope I may never be in the majority as the crowd is usually wrong.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'll leave it there. :)

...But I didn't say the majority was always right (goodness, no). I just think it is as far as movies go.

Back