Eragon/Eldest/Brisingr- Christopher Paolini III - Post all Eragon here

I do!!!!When i read the end of the dark materials trilogy i cried like every thme i thought about it and i almost cried when tonks and lupin die straight after they had a baby

Haha, don't worry I was kidding. Oh, when I finished HP 7 I bawled. :rolleyes: But not as much as when I read my favorite book of all time; Kate by Valerie Sherrard.

Hi to everyone here! =)

Well, I was wondering if you have your paragraphs. I'm not talking about quotes from the characters. Any sentence that has captivated you in the prose... do you have any of them to remember?

Well, I start here, and this is one you obviously might have caught in the beginning.

Wind howled through the night, carrying a scent that would change the world. A tall Shade lifted his head and sniffed the air. He looked human except for his crimson hair and maroon eyes.

The emphasis is mine, that is what I liked. Now, I'm waiting for your answers.

They had won,but he had lost

^I think thats the correct quote.^

BTW,welcome to TLD!!!!:D

I have one.

Saphira looked at Eragon. It is your wyrd--your fate--that shapes you. Every age needs an icon--perhaps that lot has fallen to you.

Mm, I really liked the one Audrey mentioned as well! I can't think of anything else at the moment. I haven't read those books since the summer. =/

An unknown fact about Inheritance

I'm quite fond of bonded Dragons (that is, if they're good and not evil).

A short time ago, I bought a dragon based computer game, partially because Eragon (the game) was so awful. Mainly because Saphira had minimal involvement and lack of free flight/walking.

The name of that game is Drakan: Order of the Flame. The sequel is called Ancients' Gates.

Now, Inheritance fans usually ignore this topic when I bring it up, but Drakan fans have concurred with my conclusions.

So, here's my list of similarities between Drakan and Inheritance:

1. Rider bonded to a dragon of opposite gender: Rynn (female) and Arokh (male), Eragon and Saphira.

2. In the second game, Rynn acquires magic spells which are similar to Arokh's dragon powers (he can "exhale" other elements as well as fire), along with some other magic spells that are quite useful. Eragon gains magic power from Saphira.

3. The sequel of Drakan (Ancients' Gates) and the second book of Inheritance (Eldest) features an older dragon of opposite gender to the bonded dragon: Mala-Shae (female) for Drakan and Gladr for Eldest.

4. Drakan and Inheritance feature an order of bonded Riders who were destroyed by one of their own abusing his power, Navaros (Drakan) and Galbatorix (Inheritance).

5. The dragons in both Drakan and Inheritance have gone into hiding following the aftermath of the war/s.

6. The Kulls in Inheritance seemed to be based on the Wartoks and Orcs from Drakan.

7. This is the one that finally decided me. In Drakan, there's a place called Surdana. In Inheritance, we have a place called Surda.

Am I completely crazy?

Or is this a valid opinion?

Last edited:
Oh, those two games are a must for dragon fans.

I can't discuss availability for the first one publicly, so send a me private message (if you're interested) and I'll let you know how to obtain it.

The second one is a PS2 game (don't try to play it on a PS3!), which is still somewhat available.

They had fairly high sales figures, according to one piece of info I read.

I can't wait for the new inheritance book to come out!Man, words cannot describe how excited i was when i walked into borders bookstore and found out that the last book was comming out on september 20!I've been waiting for years for this book! I can't wait to finally finish the series and see how it all ends.:)

I can't wait for the new inheritance book to come out!Man, words cannot describe how excited i was when i walked into borders bookstore and found out that the last book was comming out on september 20!I've been waiting for years for this book! I can't wait to finally finish the series and see how it all ends.:)

Theres going to be one more book.Its a four book series now.:)
Btw,welcome to TLD!:)

I'm quite fond of bonded Dragons (that is, if they're good and not evil).

A short time ago, I bought a dragon based computer game, partially because Eragon (the game) was so awful. Mainly because Saphira had minimal involvement and lack of free flight/walking.

The name of that game is Drakan: Order of the Flame. The sequel is called Ancients' Gates.

Now, Inheritance fans usually ignore this topic when I bring it up, but Drakan fans have concurred with my conclusions...

Yes, your opinion is valid... but as far as I know, there are also Dragonriders of Pern and Wizard of Earthsea, they're books and not precisely videogames. I just find interesting that many things in Paolini's work can be found in more things than just books... ha!:D

But, I'll let my other opinions for another place...-_-

Okay, that was one.
I've got to ask one of the mods if I can create a new thread to sequal this one: Eragon/Eldest/Brisingr- Christopher Paolini III - Post all Eragon here

Or can I just do it outright?

Back