Jill Pole: Who should play her?

So...there seems to be a thread for everyone except Jill Pole. So...any suggestions for actresses? Although it's a bit early in the game, I do believe SC will be filmed b/c in an article on Narnia web, it says that the producers are already looking for directors (apparently Michael Apted won't continue w/ that one after VDT).

I think Abigail Breslin might be a good girl for the part.

Oh yes! I loved her in Little Miss Sunshine, and even though she's a young star now, I think she would fit the part perfectly. I think it would be better if they chose unknown actors/actresses for the parts, but I think Abigail Breslin can be an exception. ;)

As much as I love Abigail Breslin, I think they should stick to unknowns. That way, when you first see Jill, you're not like, "Oh, look, it's Abigail Breslin!" But instead, "Oh, look, it's JILL." And anyway, that seems to be the trend w/ Narnia casting :D

-

I wish I could be Jill, I have allways wanted to be in movie! But of course who know's when they have auditions for this things? All I know is that you find out about the movie and then it comes out, and the actors always talk about auditioning for the roles, and I think "When do they do that?" ohwell.

I love acting, and I think I should play Jill. Have you guys ever heard of Southeast Christian Church? I played the temptress one year (when I was nine) and it was a huge deal. Plus I've taken lessons since I was five, so eight years.

I love acting and I hope I get to try out! (I know it won't be me, though, I'm not that good (lol).

Katy877!! Did you say Southeast Christian? Do you mean Southeast Christian OF PARKER, COLORADO???? That's where I attend, and my daughter and son-in-law, and my wife Janalee until God called her home to Heaven. As a matter of fact, I myself have been the one to notify some people at that church of TDL's existence. Could I have spoken to you? My name's Joseph Ravitts, I'm a retired U.S. Navy petty officer now living in Aurora near Chambers Road, and I have a gray beard. My Jan, while she still was in mortal life, had dark hair and needed help walking due to a traffic injury from before I had married her. I know Pastor Hudson, Pastor McCracken, Amy Weinischke, Denise Christopoulos, Calvin Rolark, Bill Perry, and other folks there. Some of those I have just named were present at the memorial service we held for Jan today in the Community Room.

I suggest you don't answer this unless it seems to you that we have already met anyway. If you choose to answer me, DO NOT answer openly on the thread; instead, use the PM function to send a reply visible only to me. Safety issues, you know. I don't think any evildoers are watching this discussion, but we never know.

My choice is still Emma Bolger. She was the younger sister (Ariel) in "In America" (her older sister played, well, her older sister in that movie). She was also in an independent movie version of "Heidi" released in the UK and a few other countries (not the US) in 2005.

She is Irish but I am sure she could do a British accent. Her older sister is Sarah Bolger who starred in "Spiderwick Chronicles" as Malory.

MrBob

well I am in contact with the casting ppl but i suppose saying I should get the part is a bit big headed.

(but I would do a pretty great job I think. I've been acing since I was 5:D)

Like I said early I would like to try out! I have a little experience, I was in the Pirates of Penzance (I was a police man, very boring).

i think Abigail Breslin is a god idea. lol, I've always wanted to play jill, she's one of my favorite characters.......but i'm too old. and i have no acting experience. Unless playing a sheep in the church's Christmas play for two years counts...:p

Dakota Blue ( I LOVE her name) and Emma are good choices. As for all of you that want to try out, I say go for it. exploretalent.com is actually a good place to put up a profile for acting work if you want to. :)

I wouldn't mind an unknown for Jill. Practically all the Narnia cast are unknowns, like Georgie and Will (well...I'm assuming, because I've never seen him in a film before LWW) and they did an amazing job.

I am not sure how well Abagain Breslin can do a British Accent. I would much rather have a natural speaker. Otherwise, she is a great actress.

Dakota Blue could work. The big quetsion for her, however, is whether they will make the sequels to "The Golden Compass". If they do, she would probably be too busy.

MrBob

Back