Your Favorite Star Wars

So, what is your favorite part of the Star Wars sextet?

• Total voters
I don't wan to vote until i see RotS, but currently i like #1 the best. it was done very well, and i can actually stand looking at the actors (rewatching the old SW, i was clinching on how bad the acting was.) also, the whole thing didn't seem stupid or disjointed as it did in #2. However I'm told that the whole story will make sence when I see #3, so maybe the other movies won't be so bad...

Number of reasons: It's the most exciting. The fight between Luke and Vader is one of the best. The Battle of Hoth is really neat too. Oh, and of course, Yoda's great in it. The special effects are still impressive today even with all that computer technology. And the acting may not be great, but it is believable overall unlike the I and II(and only parts of III).

well i;m not mouch into STAR WARS but all of my fmelay is, i'm just a hard core of cs.lewis and lotr, may friends dad saw i think the 4th one 135 times in one summer, NOW THAT A LOT OF TIMES.

holyboy666 said:
I don't wan to vote until i see RotS, but currently i like #1 the best. it was done very well, and i can actually stand looking at the actors (rewatching the old SW, i was clinching on how bad the acting was.) .

Wow! Dude you've got to be kidding. Liam and Ewan were both good actors, but I don't consider them on the same tier as Alac Guiness, James Earl Jones or even Harrison Ford (Well actually Liam's past Ford, but certainly not Ewan). I mean, who believed the Padme'/Anikan romance? But we all felt the sincerity behind 'I love you'....'I know...' exchange lol...I love that line.

'A New Hope' is my favorite, I think it had the most epic feel of all of them - my second is 'ESB' and then 'ROTS'. Sith was good, but I still prefer the first two movies over it, and ROTJ lost points ‘cus I can't stand Ewoks.

Nah, fight scenes i liked, but i hated the romance scenes. It was "I love you" "I don't know what i will do without you" "Lets kiss now" "ok"

alright, that was mostly the script's fault, but they could @ least put some ethusiasm in it!

and as a note, Anikin in SW #1 was voted worse actor mean 2 pick on the little guy

Last edited:
i have to stick with epmire strikes back, because its the best one for character development. Han and Leia and the kiss and their love starting is just greatness, then Luke learning about himself and the force with yoda, and yes the hoth battle was cool, and we get lando, and boba fett, the I am your father line, you can't beat that.

tg

I have to disagree with you guys. Revenge of the Sith is my second favorite because it is, in my opinion, Yoda's best movie. (By the way, Yoda's my favorite character. "hint hint") It would then be a draw for me between "Phantom Menace" and "Return of the Jedi". That last light saber duel in Phantom Menace is totally sweet and ya the ewoks are pretty fake looking but I think their cool. I also like Return of the Jedi for the redemtion of Vader and the Ian McDiarmad does a really good job with his part as the Emperor. I think he's even a little scarier in that movie than in Revenge of the Sith. Fourth would be A New Hope, which is a good movie overall but kind of boring, and last Attack of the Clones. Well, I don't need to go into that. I still like it though, it's just not the best Star Wars.

Last edited:

i loved number three i thought it was the best of all, but mind you the other ones were good to except #1 i wasnt as fond as that. But i thought it was great and Yoda was even better in this one then ever

I definitely enjoyed ep3, but I'm going to have to wait at least a year before I could honestly rank them.

Choices choices - it's between III & V, but that's probably coz I've just seen III- as Drag's done, I may have to wioth hold judgement until I can watch all 6 in a row!

good god aragorn, you weak weak little man! How could you betray me like that? lol, i love ya still

tg

i watched 5 and 6 the minute I got home from the theatre (after 28 years of waiting - yes, i was waiting for this moment even before I was born!). Somehow, its just not the same anymore. 5 and 6 never seemed as fulfilling as ROTS. The plot was never as concrete or detailed, the development was not as obvious, the conclusion always seemed a little rushed. They seem almost infantile in comparison (I never thought I would say this.)! Still, they had much better dialogue and still have a have a strong place in my heart!

I like Return of the Jedi the best. The father-son confrontation is wonderful drama and, even though it nearly turns him to the dark side, I love how passionately Luke wants to defend his sister from the dark side. I think Vader's "So you have a twin sister[...]If you will not be turned to the dark side, then perhaps she will" is his most evil line.

I also love Jabba the Hut (gross but menacing and cool), I like Yoda better in this installment (and not because he dies :D ). As a teen I often joked that I wanted my dying words to be: "there is another Sky...wal...ker" :p I love the Ewoks (it's true, it's true, you know it's really true). I love how somethig so uncivilized and connected to nature beats out the machine. And I'm just a sucker for the underdog. I love seeing Lando as a full-out good guy and the space battle is just awesome. But the Vader, Luke and Emperor subplot is what truly sells the movie for me. I just don't like how in the DVD Hayden's Anakin replaces the original guy. Hayden looks too young and glowery while the original dude looked full of paternal pride and what was left of Anakin's physical body aged in that time period. That's part of the reason the Emperor wanted a new apprentice in Luke. He was younger and stronger.

Oooooo -I shouldnt really post here cos im not THAT much of a SW fan but I would like to vent my frustration, and see wot other people think.

I dont like the way that they redid the original 3 with new effects and CGI - I think it looks stupid - what does yous all think???

Back