LWW Game??

I'm flabbergasted that a story like LWW is distilled to a game where you punch furniture to get coins and can fight with over 60+ creatures.

It's distressing that the world is so heavily based around consumerism that people MUST make video games with every movie nowadays.

Well I'm sure they are just expanding on the film for a Learning level :D, I'm not even sure of what I was doing :p Disney is notorious for making something sound completely different than it is ( I mean they use to list full color disk art , as a special feature ! ;P)

I agree that the world is way to consumer centric, though!

The games based on the movies will always be different, with the music and interactions, etc and even sometimes the voice acting with certain characters are different.

I also played the Playstation 2 version of The Golden Compass, based on the movie. Lyra's voice in the game was still voiced by the girl who played her and so was Pan's voice (the same as the voice actor in the movie). I also think Iorek (the polar bear) was the same voice actor. However, Mrs. Coulter was voiced by someone different but she was only in the game briefly when you had to do things in her mansion. You also had different things such as actions that you couldn't do in the movie and different environments that you didn't see in the movie. I think it's more of a way for fans to explore more of the environments and sort of be the main character or characters in the game and sort of enjoy it more.

I also found it amusing in the LWW game where Peter for example could punch crates and destroy them when in real life if he had done that he probably would have broken his hands or something. I enjoyed the Narnia games a lot, because I got to explore the areas at my own pace and I also got to play as my favorite character, Lucy. :) I know you couldn't play as Lucy in the entire game but when I could play as her I enjoyed it.

The games based on the movies will always be different, with the music and interactions, etc and even sometimes the voice acting with certain characters are different.

That's true , Games and Novelizations of movies ( that are not based on a book), sometimes use an earlier script than the movie uses because they have to be finished before the movie. that's why Scooby Doo's (2001) novelization had a completely different way of ending the movie, and Looney Tunes: Back in Action had a slightly different Idea of the movie plot.(as well as using abandoned concepts, like the Daffy Duck Batman pitch).

I do know that PC's DS game is a completely boring game after a certain point.

That's true , Games and Novelizations of movies ( that are not based on a book), sometimes use an earlier script than the movie uses because they have to be finished before the movie. that's why Scooby Doo's (2001) novelization had a completely different way of ending the movie, and Looney Tunes: Back in Action had a slightly different Idea of the movie plot.(as well as using abandoned concepts, like the Daffy Duck Batman pitch).

I do know that PC's DS game is a completely boring game after a certain point.

Yeah I found the PS2 version of PC to be a little boring after a while. I can honestly say there were only a few parts I thoroughly enjoyed: exploring Cair Paravel ruins, Aslan's How, and the ending where you are the tree. :D

Back