• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
H

high_kingpeter

Ok, who here loves Star Wars. And no, just because you saw Revenge of the Sith because Hayden Christensen was hot doesn't mean you love Star Wars.

I have loved these movies just about the same time I started loving CoN, and I was wondering who else here does?

yeah, you can count me in on that. I have seen the old version of star wars (episodes 4-6) about 10 times each (including two marathons where I have watched them back-to-back-to-back). The new ones are pretty good (especially episode III IMO), but not quite as good as the original. Anyone else agree?

The originals are the best! Agree with you completely Charn_Tim. Episode two pissed me off, it was most definately the worst out of the whole saga.

Fellow SW fan!

high_kingpeter said:
Ok, who here loves Star Wars. And no, just because you saw Revenge of the Sith because Hayden Christensen was hot doesn't mean you love Star Wars.

I have loved these movies just about the same time I started loving CoN, and I was wondering who else here does?
Same here I've been a fan of SW since the first SW film came out. :cool:

I love star wars too, I think all of the six movies rock!, of course u shouldn't like the movie just because hayden christensen is a hottie. I think each movie rocks because they have their special thing.. i don't know... anyway STAR WARS ROCK_!

I have always loved Star Wars, I have been watching it for longer than I can remember. I loved it long before Narnia or LOTR. Even though it can be pretty cheesy at times it's still so great. I don't care if George Lucas isn't satisfied with the orignal three they are timeless. The new ones are good, but can't compare to those older ones.
And my friend, knowing my love of Star Wars, was kind enough to get me the Attack of the Clones script autographed by the various cast members. Which was one of the best gifts I got this year.

u know i'm not that old but i do love the saga. but honestly i didn't see them til my freshmen year in high school. And i've been a fan of T.C.o.N. since i 1st read t.m.n. in 3rd grade. i must admit that Jedi is the best but sith is definitly a close 2nd. and i think that when T.C.o.N. is done that it will most likely be better then star wars. and may the force be with u all. :D

I'm an empire strikes back fan. So thats should explain that i grew up in the 80s and have loved the movies ever since. The main thing i'm looking forward to now is the live-action tv show. That has so much potential, I simply cannot wait for it.

tg

My brother was a huge Star Wars fan back in the late 70's early 80's. And when he saw ROTJ, his Star Wars mania was grewing and grewing. We have seen all episodes in that time and then I loved it. I loved the story, I loved Luke Skywalker (compare it with the William/Skandar hype now) and we collected the action figures for my brother. But years passed by and my love for SW was going away. I was extremely unhappy with TPM and thought it was more a children's movie. AOTC was also not my taste, but ROTS was cool. Of course Hayden was a hottie (he still is) but besides that, the way he turned to the dark side was sad. He killed all those innocent children and only because of his love for Padme. He thought he would do good but he was wrong. Looking back at it, I must admit that the first trilogy was the best. I am not a Star Wars lover, but the trilogy (old one) has now become very classical and I don't think it will change. The new trilogy was far less, but at least we can place a face and a name to Darth Vader.

Love the original Star Wars, even have some of those figurines from the time (though I wish I'd kept them in better condition; unfortunately, children tend to actually play with toys ;) ). However, like many, I absolutely despised the new films, especially the first two (though the second at least has that funky little duel featuring Yoda). Revenge of the Sith was still deeply, deeply flawed, Hayden Christenssen continuing to produce some of the worst acting I've ever seen in a major film, but at least the effects were magnificent and there was plenty of action. Not a film I'd want to revisit, but displayed a slight improvement from the debacle of the first two 'prequels'.

I could post up a review, because as anyone who has read my posts over the past few days knows, I'm prone to long-windedness, but I'll see where this thread goes first... :p

Peter lover said:
My brother was a huge Star Wars fan back in the late 70's early 80's. And when he saw ROTJ, his Star Wars mania was grewing and grewing. We have seen all episodes in that time and then I loved it. I loved the story, I loved Luke Skywalker (compare it with the William/Skandar hype now) and we collected the action figures for my brother. But years passed by and my love for SW was going away. I was extremely unhappy with TPM and thought it was more a children's movie. AOTC was also not my taste, but ROTS was cool. Of course Hayden was a hottie (he still is) but besides that, the way he turned to the dark side was sad. He killed all those innocent children and only because of his love for Padme. He thought he would do good but he was wrong. Looking back at it, I must admit that the first trilogy was the best. I am not a Star Wars lover, but the trilogy (old one) has now become very classical and I don't think it will change. The new trilogy was far less, but at least we can place a face and a name to Darth Vader.

Hey I just wanted to know where you got your avatar!!

i have a friend who thinks Hayden is cuter than the average actor/guy. yeah, she's a big Star Wars fan as well. Me, i'm just happy that all six are finally out. is it true that they will remake 4,5, and 6?

just asking.

ChildOfAslan7 said:
i have a friend who thinks Hayden is cuter than the average actor/guy. yeah, she's a big Star Wars fan as well. Me, i'm just happy that all six are finally out. is it true that they will remake 4,5, and 6?

just asking.

I could be wrong, but I think that George Lucas is all Star Warsed out ;)
Besides, I think Star Wars fans would murder him with how coldly the newest three movies were accepted. (How they were accepted in spirit, not box office count).

Like I said, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, so I could very well be wrong. Maybe some one else could fill you in. :)
-Austin

ChildOfAslan7 said:

just asking.
There was supposed to be a 7,8 and 9 of Star Wars movies, but George Lucas decided he didn't want to make anymore movies and he's not selling the rights. So, him remaking the old ones is probably out of the question. The closer we'll ever get to remakes are the Special Editions from about ten years ago and it should stay that way.

high_kingpeter said:

Yes I like 4,5,6 they wheir great

Diehard SW fan here...I've loved it from the beginning. Although the Prequels aren't up to any SW fan's standards, I still enjoy the entire saga.

You wouldn't believe how relieved I was when George announced he won't be making anymore movies (at C3). The EU is enough for me. This new SW series seems to be making waves...just hope Lucas doesn't direct them.

It would kill the original trilogy if GL is going to remake it. I hope he stay with his decision to leave them alone. I like Hayden as Anakin, and he is very cute, but that won't make the whole SW saga my favorite. Looking back at the new trilogy now, I would say that Darth Vader has a face and we know how he became a Sith Lord, but that is it. The old trilogy is always the best.

Back