Your Avatar/Sig

Originally posted by Y. Fish@Aug 9 2004, 09:45 AM
I picture you all looking like your avatars. Skiner's Batman, Specter's a ghost, Dragon's himself, Monkeh's a guy with a gun, Fae's a fairy, and Aragorn is a weird old man looking at a golf club.
Sometimes I do that as well, so I get confused with some people whose avatars are photographs of someone who's a different genter than the person represented. You know who you are...

Yeah! I was so sure that Pretz was a girl, and then they started reffering to her as "he," and I was all confused till I realized that he was a guy. And don't worry, Nienna, lotsa people think I'm a guy. Fishes are pretty gender-neutral, after all.

my avatar is a cropped, close-up version of the banners that were released a few months ago. the name JadistarkilleR is based on two characters: Jadis you all know; Starkiller is the original last name for Anakin Skywalker when Lucas was writing Star Wars 30 years ago. i just merged the last letter in Jadis and the first letter in Starkiller, capped the R for aesthetic purposes and there you have it: JadistarkilleR.

kinda fits Jadis too, if she had a last name. true she didnt destroy a star but she did destroy a planet.

oh and Jadis is known to be half Jinn (which is kind of becoming an inside joke among Star Wars fans ;))

and NiennaTinuviel, i think Dom is a great actor, i'm hoping he'll get his break soon. sure deserves it more than that pretty boy Bloom (who personally i dont really find too pretty <_< )

Hey! I changed my avvie. I was kinda hesitant because I'd grown attatched to the little goldfish, but my brother was like, "NO! GRARR! You MUST change you avatar to the Riven fish!" so I did. Or, more accurately, he did.

well, I'll have to tell you Fishy that I had honestly never even thought of using the fish from Riven. I think it's a brilliant idea!!! I love it! I'm thinking of changing my avvie, but I haven't quite decided what the new one will be.

ok don't beat me but can someone tell me what a riven fish is? Obviously I know what it looks like but i'm guessing it's from some kind of book, game, movie...Oh yea and Jadis i totally agree w/u about Bloom. I loved him in LotR because I loved his character, Legolas, but I really don't think he's that versatile of an actor. Dom is much better. Can't wait for "Lost" :D

Originally posted by NiennaTinuviel@Aug 21 2004, 09:55 PM
ok don't beat me but can someone tell me what a riven fish is? Obviously I know what it looks like but i'm guessing it's from some kind of book, game, movie...
I'm guessing that only Fishy and I know about Riven. It's a computer game, but it's so much more than that!!! There are actually several that tie together in a story. Here they are in order:

1. Myst (there is a redone version called RealMyst)
2. Riven
3. Exile
4. Revelation

And there is another one that I suppose comes a lot later chronologically (I don't know because I haven't played it yet), and it's called Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.

You're wondering what this has to do with a Riven fish, yeah, I talk to much. Anyways, the Riven fish is a symbol used in the game Riven. That's it. ;)

There are also the Myst books, three of them I believe. Fishy can tell you the titles because I've forgotten them. :)

Well, if I've managed to attach my pic propoerly (not exactly computer genius you see) it's the image of a dragon thats generally used in tatoos - if i was less of a wuss I'd have it done - in small of course, and my name is said as seen - rosy mole - this is not my real name, more linked to the fact that i generally have a very healthy looking face - rosy wind burned cheeks and the mole bit is an old nickname from school - for the sake of ease most people call me plain old 'rosy'

well, my avatar means that i am totally in love with michael phelps, as you can also tell by my sign.
my name, jillthevaliant, stands for jill, my fav. character in the CoN. thevaliant part of it stands for my 2nd favorite character in the books, Queen Lucy the Valiant.

my avatar is from cow boy bebob... it rocks... my name... um... i luv autumn?

Ok, I don't want to sound really stupid but I have to ask, does anyone know why they're called avatars? And how does everyone pronounce the word? I say ah-vah-tar but I don't know how other ppl say it.

lol... it aint stupid, i've been wondering myself lol... some of my friends say a-vi-tar... i dunno... its really convusing... i always call it that lil pic near ur name. i mean, u cant really confuse that... well... im sure you could... but... eh

Back