Mark Gordon Company's The Silver Chair

Is it too early to ask if we know officially if Liam Neeson is doing Aslan's voice? I see posts talking of other people who would make good substitutes and I may be joining the middle of a conversation where I missed what people said in the beginning (if that makes sense).

Is this movie still a thought or have they begun working on it? Sorry if I am asking questions which have already been answered. I keep checking announcements and haven't seen much.

In my opinion, as long as they keep the magic of Narnia and have that inspirational touch I think I'll be happy. :)

Has anyone been on YouTube and seen some of the personal auditions made by young people for the role of Jill Pole? Some are quite good. Most were made before it was announced that The Silver Chair would be the next movie, which shows how positive people feel about the chance of acting the role of Jill. I always liked Jill. She is a very modern women when you consider that Lewis was suppose to be such a traditionalist.:)

I have a question on how the cliffs in Aslan's country will look. Like the Grand Canyon? Like Half Dome in Yosmite? I tend to try to find something English, since Lewis is English. I was thinking of the Seven Sisters on the English Channel. They've been used before in movies. Of course you would need some special effects to make them look bigger. There are also the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland (The Cliffs of Insanity!) which would also be good.

Last edited:
Scenes to use in Scotland to use for The Silver Chair.
5977193391_5501b46f9d_z.jpg

The River Shribble?

Last edited:
I hope that more news is released regarding this movie soon! The Silver Chair was one of my favorite Narnia books, and I'm excited to know that it's being made into a movie.

I remember there was a two-year gap between Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader that made me think that the latter movie was never going to happen -- but it happened! -- which kind of gives me hope now, haha. It's been four years since the last movie, but that's not so long!

Welcome back, Ac96 -- Yes it is very exciting! But we need more recent news ... It's been too quiet ...

We mustn't be too discourage over the long time between Narnia 3 (VDT) and Narnia 4 (SC). Just look at a couple other popular movie franchises. The Indiana Jones franchise had a 19 year gap between the 3rd and 4th movie. In the Jurassic Park franchise there will be a 14 year gap between the 3rd and 4th movie. If we only have to wait till 2018 the gap between the 3rd and 4th movie will only be 8 years.

But Indiana Jones 4 was rubbish, and I have every confidence that Jurassic Park 4 will be too... I hope that trend won't follow for TSC. Especially as I was so disappointed with VDT anyway :(

I actually really enjoyed all three films so far, each one for different reasons. For me, the only real disappointment for the future films (if the series continues) would be if Liam Neeson doesn't do Aslan's voice anymore. To me, he really brings out the character of Aslan. To me, it really wouldn't be the same. I know they could probably find a replacement who is just as good like they did with Reepicheep but I feel like Aslan is a bigger and more important character.

I suppose it comes down to how long it actually takes to get the ball rolling on the making of the film, who is available at the time and whether or not they want to stick to the Walden continuity or just go for a stand alone adaptation of the original book.

Has there been any more news so far about this movie? 2015 is here and I hope that with this upcoming year more news is released!

Back