The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

I haven't heard any news since the casting was first announced so I don't know if there's been more news that I've missed or not...I'm usually behind on those sort of things. -sigh-

I don't know PJ's direction outside of the trilogy but I think he did a superb job with those so I'm feeling hopeful about The Hobbit keeping the feel of Lord Of The Rings. Also I'm glad some of the original cast will be in it to tie it all together. The trailer didn't really grab me but I expect the movie will be much better.

I don't watch Sherlock (not a fan of the stories) so I don't know Martin Freeman's acting ability but judging from the trailer he looks ok. And, to me, he looks like a hobbit. :p

Over all I guess I'm fairly happy with how it looks so far so hopefully it will be good.

You? :)

I am really excited. I am pleased they are going to try and make the continuity feel like it belongs with lotr. I also like the old cast coming back to reprise their roles. I think its going to be great :D

I adore Lord Of The Rings, movies moreso than the books but I did read them all years and years ago (and didn't understand a word until the films came out :p). Then after the movies came out I was hobbit-obsessed and did my room that way. I fell out of love with it after a few months but I came back to it very late last year and I think my love is here to stay this time. :D

Wow! A Hobbit themed room would've been and would be cool to have! I wish I had a big house where I could make a themed room for all of my favorite series, and read in them whenever I wanted to get away.

I am huge fan of Lord of the Rings especially with these characters like Eowyn and Faramir, Aragorn and Arwen, The 4 Hobbits; Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin. And the other fellowship.. Gandalf, Baramir, Gimli and of course mah LEGOLAS... hahaha...:D

I am huge fan of Lord of the Rings especially with these characters like Eowyn and Faramir, Aragorn and Arwen, The 4 Hobbits; Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin. And the other fellowship.. Gandalf, Baramir, Gimli and of course mah LEGOLAS... hahaha...:D

yay! Another Ringer! Welcome to our humble lotr related threads :D

It's good to see another LOTR fan on here. Welcome to forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks for a warm welcome there peeps!... I have been watching and somehow reading an ebook and I am also enjoying it, though I prefer the live action...:p hahaha I really like LoTR and Narnia the most that I frequently watch it on weekends and my siblings are like this " not again..." hahahahaha..:p

There are times they say its good well after of a long months of not watching but not in my case... ITS ALWAYS GOOD! hahaha that's why they are sometimes annoy with me..:p Like, do I still have some other movie choices...:p

That happens. It happened to me with Harry Potter, Narnia and LOTR. Now it's happening to me with Game of Thrones, because I know what part is going to happen and say the line, or what scene is coming up from having read the books. I haven't watched LOTR in awhile. I might do that at some point.

I have read LOTR and The Hobbit a few times, mostly because I like CS Lewis and he and Tolkien were friends. I prefer The Hobbit to the actual Lord of the Rings trilogy, though.

My favorite line in LOTR is where Frodo says "I will take the ring, though I do not know the way." When I was reading the books for about the second or third time, I thought that line sounded familiar, and I finally found where I had heard part of it before: in a song we sing in church called Be Not Afraid. When I figured that out, I went :eek: because I'm Catholic and Tolkien was Catholic and I wondered about whether Tolkien was the inspiration for that particular phrase in the song.

Part of the lyrics of the song are
"You shall cross the barren desert
But you shall not die of thirst
You shall wander far in safety
Though you do not know the way.

If you pass through raging waters
In the sea, you shall not drown
If you walk amidst the burning flames
You shall not be harmed.

If you stand before the pow'r of hell
And death is at your side
Know that I am with you, through it all."

To me, a lot of that song sounds like it could relate to LOTR--but that could just be me trying to find connections that aren't there! :D I think it is pretty cool, though.

I have read LOTR and The Hobbit a few times, mostly because I like CS Lewis and he and Tolkien were friends. I prefer The Hobbit to the actual Lord of the Rings trilogy, though.

My favorite line in LOTR is where Frodo says "I will take the ring, though I do not know the way." When I was reading the books for about the second or third time, I thought that line sounded familiar, and I finally found where I had heard part of it before: in a song we sing in church called Be Not Afraid. When I figured that out, I went :eek: because I'm Catholic and Tolkien was Catholic and I wondered about whether Tolkien was the inspiration for that particular phrase in the song.

Part of the lyrics of the song are
"You shall cross the barren desert
But you shall not die of thirst
You shall wander far in safety
Though you do not know the way.

If you pass through raging waters
In the sea, you shall not drown
If you walk amidst the burning flames
You shall not be harmed.

If you stand before the pow'r of hell
And death is at your side
Know that I am with you, through it all."

To me, a lot of that song sounds like it could relate to LOTR--but that could just be me trying to find connections that aren't there! :D I think it is pretty cool, though.

I agree, I think it sounds very LOTR-ish. I love it when I find stuff like that- for me it just makes the books (whatever they may be) that much cooler.:D

Somehow that reminds me of something. I heard someplace that, when the Catholic Church organized the preparation of the Jerusalem Edition of the Catholic Bible, none other than JRR Tolkien himself undertook to translate the Book of Job.

Back