Write a note to the person above you II

Dear GG,

We are currently experiencing a "pineapple express" rainstorm. I can't really be out in mine either... Which stinks cuz we were going to go to the coast today for our (month late) anniversary celebration *sigh* which might not happen now...

~Fernie

Ferny! No more than an hour ago, I was explaining my sonnet-writing to people on one of the Facebook Narnia groups. And I gave them as an example _this_ sonnet which I wrote years ago for _you!_

A college girl--young woman, I should say--
Befriends, and prays for, throngs of younger girls.
A Tolkien fan for life, she'll also stray
To writing of The Wood Between The Worlds.

But writings open to the eyes of all
Are not what Fernshire Hobbit's presence means
To me; for me, she's one whom I can call
To raise concerns, and pray behind the scenes.

I won't identify for whom we two
Have interceded, and made loving plans;
But "loving" was the format through and through,
As we entrusted friends to Jesus' hands.

Now, Ferny, it's yourself whom I commend
To Jesus, Who will be your campus friend.

Ferny! No more than an hour ago, I was explaining my sonnet-writing to people on one of the Facebook Narnia groups. And I gave them as an example _this_ sonnet which I wrote years ago for _you!_

A college girl--young woman, I should say--
Befriends, and prays for, throngs of younger girls.
A Tolkien fan for life, she'll also stray
To writing of The Wood Between The Worlds.

But writings open to the eyes of all
Are not what Fernshire Hobbit's presence means
To me; for me, she's one whom I can call
To raise concerns, and pray behind the scenes.

I won't identify for whom we two
Have interceded, and made loving plans;
But "loving" was the format through and through,
As we entrusted friends to Jesus' hands.

Now, Ferny, it's yourself whom I commend
To Jesus, Who will be your campus friend.
Dear Joe,

Huh, that is intriguing, as just the other day, I felt the need to pray for one such two...

Also, I am confused as to what happend to your banner picture. Was it decided to say that or did the hosting site decide that for you?

~Fernie

I sure had nothing to do with that, and I'm upset at losing the tiger image Lost Dreamer provided for me. But Prince of the West has brought "Southward the Tigers" back up on the Writing Club, so it still would be possible for new readers to see it.

Gondorgirl:

You are not dear to us. You have neglected and mistreated the DLF. You are as bad as the abusers of house elves.

Weep in sorrow.

Or we will make you weep for other reasons.

Very sincerely,
The DLR

Dear GG,

THAT IS NOT THE POINT. The abuse of innocents is the point, and you, like Ron Weasley, are missing it.

Violently yours,
The DLF

O Wet One,

Hagrid's treatment of the Blast-Ended Skrewts was shameful, and we would appreciate you not imitating him. Forcing free beings into boxes...! We stand for righteousness. We wield the Justice Knife.

In the interest of those who cannot speak,
The DLR

O Wet One,

Hagrid's treatment of the Blast-Ended Skrewts was shameful, and we would appreciate you not imitating his speech patterns. Forcing free beings into boxes...! We stand for righteousness. We wield the Justice Knife.

In the interest of those who cannot speak,
The DLR

The DLR,

For your information, I was saying a phrase common among the hares of Salamandastron and Redwall. And don't spoil it for me! I haven't finished Goblet of Fire yet!

Ever frustrated by those who spoil books,

Inquisitor Rain

Dear freckles,

Pubescent Harry...uggh. He was much better before and after. Though Goblet of Fire isn't too bad. It's books 5 and 6 where he sometimes got on my nerves. Fortunately, the DLR doesn't mind the--

saf;jda;lksj;j 'kmalj jskfj'sahiuhou43895u2ijhlasdlfhjlsahf;ksjiuoqyohaiousyuejkniu

Glen has been removed to a secure location and is being forced to eat carrots. She hates carrots.

Sincerely,
The DLR

Dear freckles,

Pubescent Harry...uggh. He was much better before and after. Though Goblet of Fire isn't too bad. It's books 5 and 6 where he sometimes got on my nerves. Fortunately, the DLR doesn't mind the--

saf;jda;lksj;j 'kmalj jskfj'sahiuhou43895u2ijhlasdlfhjlsahf;ksjiuoqyohaiousyuejkniu

Glen has been removed to a secure location and is being forced to eat carrots. She hates carrots.

Sincerely,
The DLR

Dear Glenburne,

I know!! Order of the Phoenix was the worst! Except of course still a masterpiece... I'd rather read OotP ten times than Madame Bovary once.

I hate carrots, too. Secure locations are great though, you lucky girl :)

Give my worst to the DLR.
Freckles

Dear Young Lady,

Glen believes that OoP is an interesting re-read, now that she is used to Sirius being dead. She was highly upset by his death at first. She has not read
Madame Bovary and thinks she has many excuses not to read it, since she has not even finished the Aneid yet.

We do not like her taste in literature. We prefer the pamphlets of dead Russian anarchists, and audiobooks preserved on vinyl.

Your worst has turned into a mechanical chicken.

Apologies,
The DLR

Dear Young Lady,

Glen believes that OotP is an interesting re-read, now that she is used to Sirius being dead. She was highly upset by his death at first. She has not read
Madame Bovary and thinks she has many excuses not to read it, since she has not even finished the Aeneid yet.

We do not like her taste in literature. We prefer the pamphlets of dead Russian anarchists, and audiobooks preserved on vinyl.

Your worst has turned into a mechanical chicken.

Our sympathies,
The DLR

Last edited:
Dear Glenbeard / DLR,

the Literary Association of Rabid Reading Yuppies (LARRY) rates the readability of the Aeneid and Madame Bovary at 400:1. It's like Jane Austen without the humor, you know, social satire that's not funny, just horrifying-making-your-hair-stand-on-end-because-these-people-are-seriously-so-stupid-and-not-in-an-endearing-way. And a love story without love. Realism, eh... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I got off track there. Good luck with the Aeneid! I haven't read that yet, at least not the original. Shame on me.
Freckles

PS. You do realize that you keep double-posting and then editing the latter of the two posts? Does it mean anything?

Last edited:
Dear Freckles,

Give LARRY my regards. I've got Dryden's translation of the Aeneid, in couplets. Still not sure how I feel about that. C.S. Lewis translated it, too, and I've got half a mind to read his version after I'm done this one.

Yeah, my account has a tendency to double-post by accident. I don't know why; it didn't use to. My comfort is that I'm not the only person with this problem. Benisse does too, I think. And inkspot, sometimes. Personally, I think the DLR is sabotaging the forum.

*growls* You--are--not--taking--this--keyboard--away--from--me!

*crashing sounds* *mild explosion* *level 8 earthquake* *tsunami* *asteroid storm* *appearance of a disturbingly pink rabbit*

Last edited:
Back