Olympics

Here in the UK coverage is starting around midnight, which is too late for me; I have to get up for work in the morning! So I've been catching up online in the evening.

I actually really enjoyed the women's competition. In general the ladies' musical choices were much more to my taste than those of the men, pairs or ice dancers. I was happy with the result as well; unlike some I thought Zagitova deserved the gold.

I can sympathise with your disappointment at your country's failure to secure a medal in the ladies' competition but at least you got two bronzes in figure skating; it's a long time since we poor Brits have had anyone on the podium.

I was happy with the result as well; unlike some I thought Zagitova deserved the gold.

I can sympathise with your disappointment at your country's failure to secure a medal in the ladies' competition but at least you got two bronzes in figure skating; it's a long time since we poor Brits have had anyone on the podium.

I thought Zagitova deserved the gold also. Some people are crying foul because she "back loaded" all her jumps into the program. Well....I'm sorry, but that's an allowed thing and her jumps were made 10x harder because "she jumped on tired legs". She landed her jumps perfectly, and she did it in a way that made it that much more difficult. She also (I thought) skated a cleaner program technically than Medvedeva (who was rightly on the podium also). But let's talk about Kaetlyn Osmond who won bronze; she kind of came out of nowhere but it was well deserved also.

After reading Nagasu's comments she made about her teammates, I'm glad she didn't medal. She came across as a spoiled brat and blamed some of them for not helping Team USA to the top.

I thought Zagitova deserved the gold also. Some people are crying foul because she "back loaded" all her jumps into the program. Well....I'm sorry, but that's an allowed thing and her jumps were made 10x harder because "she jumped on tired legs". She landed her jumps perfectly, and she did it in a way that made it that much more difficult. She also (I thought) skated a cleaner program technically than Medvedeva (who was rightly on the podium also). But let's talk about Kaetlyn Osmond who won bronze; she kind of came out of nowhere but it was well deserved also.

After reading Nagasu's comments she made about her teammates, I'm glad she didn't medal. She came across as a spoiled brat and blamed some of them for not helping Team USA to the top.

It is an allowed thing and holding back the jumps until the second half of the program fit in artistically with the music she had chosen. For me it was a wonderfully choreographed routine that she skated just beautifully. Medvedeva's routine though struck me as a little odd; although I can admire the artistry of what she skated on an intellectual level it didn't really involve me emotionally the way Zagitova's did.

I enjoyed Osmond's routine but I'm finding it a bit hard to remember the other skaters, I was so caught up in the rivalry between Medvedeva and Zagitova. I'm going to watch the free programs again this evening.

Are you going to watch the Gala? The BBC is broadcasting it at 3am UK time tomorrow(Sunday) morning but that's a bit early for me if I'm going to get up in time for church so I'll probably catch up with it online later in the day.

It is an allowed thing and holding back the jumps until the second half of the program fit in artistically with the music she had chosen. For me it was a wonderfully choreographed routine that she skated just beautifully. Medvedeva's routine though struck me as a little odd; although I can admire the artistry of what she skated on an intellectual level it didn't really involve me emotionally the way Zagitova's did.

I enjoyed Osmond's routine but I'm finding it a bit hard to remember the other skaters, I was so caught up in the rivalry between Medvedeva and Zagitova. I'm going to watch the free programs again this evening.

Are you going to watch the Gala? The BBC is broadcasting it at 3am UK time tomorrow(Sunday) morning but that's a bit early for me if I'm going to get up in time for church so I'll probably catch up with it online later in the day.

I only remember the US skaters because they did so terribly, especially after all the hype given to them! Every other country practically outshone America on every front in skating.

No. I doubt I'll even get to see much of the Closing Ceremonies because I have church until 7 that night (NBC starts broadcasting primetime at 7 p.m. where I live), and then I have a praise team audition after that so I doubt I'll see much of it! After sitting through 3 hours of the opening ceremonies and feeling like my time was wasted, I'm not eager to sit through another similar experience!

Back