The Duffer Farm

MissReepicheep

Pandawan
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Welcome to the Duffer Farm, where animals can chomp on grass and make trouble together. :D This lodging facility is owned by my sheep, Mr. Soap, who welcomes all Duffer animals to join him. Your pets need never be lonely again, for the farm welcomes animals of all kinds to come together and interact. Even trees are allowed to join in the fun! ;)

This thread is essentially an informal RPG. There is no end goal to aim for; we’re here to have fun and keep our pets from getting lonely. Including me, we’ve got six participants. The others are Glenburne, Gondorgirl, Lady of Lorien, Lossendil, and Sopespian. If you’d like to join us, we won’t be exclusive, but please follow the basic guidelines of the thread topic in your Duffering. This is a farm for Duffer animals, not one of those “never-ending party” things where anything goes.

Cast of characters:

Glenburne as Sushi the buffalo. Check out Sushi’s bio in the Duffer Encyclopedia.

Gondorgirl as herself. GG, as I’m sure we all know, has a penchant for eating anything and everything. Mr. Soap has employed her to come and teach The Art of Consumption to him and his friends.

Lady of Lorien as Dr. Cran the Crayon: Health Inspector. This character comes by the farm on a regular basis to check on the animals’ health. Continually befuddled by their constant illnesses, he’ll ask in exasperation, “What have you been eating?” The animals are touched by his evident concern, but choose not to let him know about their classes with GG, for fear that, in the name of health, he would prevent them from having all that fun.

Lossendil as her three sheep: Cheese, Harry, and He Who Has Yet to Be Named. She is also, against her will, the resident shade tree. ^.^

MissReepicheep as Mr. Soap, the multi-billionaire sheep, and The Pig of Doom. Glenburne gave the sheep to me on facebook. (If you are interested in reading this original interaction, PM me; I have a transcript in Microsoft Word.)

The name “Mr. Soap” is actually an acronym for “Most Renowned Sheep of Awesome Power”. His birth name was Angus, but once he got rich, he chose to legally change his name to Mr. Soap. Speaking in Shakespearian and collecting potted cactuses, Mr. Soap is a rather eccentric sheep, who keeps company with others as strange as he is.

His secretary, for instance, excels at using portals to other worlds, and has communications in Middle Earth. He is the individual who assisted Mr. Soap in becoming so wealthy. When the farmer who originally owned Mr. Soap died, he bequeathed his entire fortune to the sheep. Mr. Soap knew that he couldn’t handle the money on his own, so he hired the secretary, who helped to invest it. The duo’s efforts were abundantly fruitful, helped along by interaction with other worlds. You’d be surprised how lucrative it is to make investments in Narnia! Mr. Soap is now the wealthiest sheep on the planet.

As for the Pig of Doom, he started out as my little sister's pillow pet. Read this post for back-story.

The Pig of Doom's role in the Duffer Farm is a bit out of the ordinary. He does not live on the farm with the other animals, but drops by from time to time to collect the monthly stipend which Mr. Soap pays him not to doomify the animals on the Duffer Farm.

As a multi-billionaire, Mr. Soap has more than his fair share of enemies. For a small fee, the Pig of Doom is willing to take them out, so whenever he drops by to pick up his stipend, Mr. Soap lets him know if he has any work for him to do.

Sopespian as Toodles the buffalo. Check out Toodles’s bio in the Duffer Encyclopedia.

My sister, Celebrilomiel, may or may not join us. She gets on the forum infrequently, and isn't sure if she wants to make a commitment to this. Even if she doesn't, she has already helped us along greatly by brainstorming the original idea with me, and sketching a picture of some of the animals with the Lossytree.

EDIT: New member:

Lava:

Well, I could re-introduce Leo the cookie, but he doesn't like farms, and most decidedly doesn't like farms that happen to reside in people's stomachs.

I suppose every farm needs a bunch of cats and Mozart is not the only person who has feline pets running around.

Tobey, the proper kitty (one might read party-pooper if you choose), and Gibbs, the well-not so proper kitty (at home, for reasons I do not care to explain, I call him my peeping tom), are joining the farm. As are their mother, Carli (little miss snit herself), and Wookie, who as a member of the genus Lagamorpha, finds their inquisitive nature quite trying. Especially, since at least one of the cats is given to inquisitively licking his chops outside Wookie's hutch.

Last edited:
Toodles:

"Mr. Soap, according to my ethics textbook, volume XII, part III, chapter XIII, section XIV, paragraph XI, it is 'Unethical to hire another person to harm other people simply because the other people are your enemies. Rather, you must attempt to make peace with them.'

"Mr. Soap, what is your response to this?"

Mr. Soap: Thou dost not understand. These people are vile vermin! The world shall be a better place when rid of their evil influence. 'T'is not merely that I dislike them, but they inflict harm on others and cause Evilness to ensue!

The Pig of Doom: Hey, it's not my fault that I'm up for hire to kill others. I had a rough childhood, so my behavioral issues are society's fault.

Toodles:

"Oh, dear. It looks as if I shall have to enroll you in my ethics classes. Let's see... I have an opening at 10:00 AM tomorrow for Mr. Soap, and Pig of Doom, you can come at 2:00 PM. See you then!"

Mr. Soap: *exchanges glances with Pig of Doom* Methinks that this shall be interesting, to say the least, but I shalt not object, for we may learn something of value.

Don't worry, now the whole farm is just in my stomach, nothing has changed.

*writes* I write of a young woman who fell in love with a handsome prince. The handsome prince had a wicked stepmother who disliked him. He also disliked her, so he decided to feed her a poisoned apple in order to kill her. However, the stepmother has managed to make herself mithridic by taking poison in small doses, so the poisoned apple doesn't work. And the handsome prince is devastated. He climbs up to the top of the highest tower in the land and flings himself off. Then he lands in the thorn bushes and dies. The young woman who is in love with him comes, finds his body, and swears that she will avenge him. So she turns into a vicious dragon and attacks the castle. A handsome knight offers to fight her in a single combat, and she agrees, after much soul-searching about whether she should un-dragonify herself and fall in love with him instead. Thus, they fight one another, and he wounds her to the death. She sings a two-hour aria that I'm sure will become famous--"O Death, Please Do Dismember Me"--and perishes. Then the stepmother sings a song of mourning that lasts several more hours. And thus the opera ends.

You could be the prince, if you want. I'll need to recruit parts soon.

Sushi

*writes* It will be fine. Just remember, anything's ethical if you put your mind to it.

Toodles:

"According to my ethics textbook, volume XXI, part I, chapter II, section XVI, paragraph DCXLVII, 'No idea or action is made more or less ethical by the application of one's mind to that idea or action'. Perhaps you would like to attend classes as well, dear Sushi? I have an opening at 4:00 PM tomorrow. See you then!"

You already ate everything. Too late.

Sushi: *writes* I'm afraid I'll be auditioning singers at 4:00. You're certainly welcome to come and observe, Toodles. I promise that I shall behave ethically as I reject 90% of them.

Tobey, Gibbs, and Carli (cats) and Wookie (rabbit)

Well, I could re-introduce Leo the cookie, but he doesn't like farms, and most decidedly doesn't like farms that happen to reside in people's stomachs.

I suppose every farm needs a bunch of cats and Mozart is not the only person who has feline pets running around.

Tobey, the proper kitty (one might read party-pooper if you choose), and Gibbs, the well-not so proper kitty (at home, for reasons I do not care to explain, I call him my peeping tom), are joining the farm. As are their mother, Carli (little miss snit herself), and Wookie, who as a member of the genus Lagamorpha, finds their inquisitive nature quite trying. Especially, since at least one of the cats is given to inquisitively licking his chops outside Wookie's hutch.

Yay! :D Welcome to the farm! :D

I'm planning to draw a map of the Duffer Farm. Has anybody got any ideas they want to add as to what it should look like? I've got a basic idea in my head, but I'm quite willing to take suggestions as well.

Back